KhaiFirst

Feb 27, 2021
The "Founding your own Great House" functionality is limited at this time. It's main benefit is the extra $3k in cash and the .45 revolver that is unique in the game.
so ya... i get gun(which is useless for me as my build physical DMG power sword) 3K is okay... my mc got 90K... haha

i guess wait next update... 0.7.9.3 ?

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
indeed.

I got to ask you though, since you obviously have a well mapped out plan of updates, what will be included when, etc etc...

before you even started coding the 1st shall we say draft...how long had you kicked around the story and world building for Raana?
Interesting story actually - the idea of Raana, the abandoned colony and the new slave-depending society that formed in the centuries after The Severance, came to me while driving home from work one night - early 2021-ish.

I'd just started mapping out the setting for this game and the original location was actually placed in the post-apocalyptic US. But I felt something was missing. I needed a better twist, and better creative freedom. So, I fast-forwarded 250 years and moved it off-planet. All the other stuff and details grew organically from there - the great houses, quests, slave ideas and the timeline on Raana.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
I wasn't impressed at all when I first started playing, probably due to the bad luck choosing girls that didn't have any pictures ready. The whole game looked to me like a big work in progress with artificially high number version that didn't match the content. I also started without good combat skills, which didn't help because as it turns out a good ranged combat skill is absolutely essential to make significant progress. Sure the writing looks polished, it's clear some work was put into the lore and the story, but it's not what is most important in a sex game.

After some time I started again with Lovisa and I began slowly warming up to the game, having nice images to go with the text is a huge game changer. I can imagine a lot more people would be interested in the game if all the girls had at least basic images for simple sex interactions and morning bjs as good as Lovisa. Not to mention completely different style 2d images of other women like that bookstore shopkeeper or the bondage shop lady should have no place in the game. After all visuals is what really makes or breaks sex games.

If I wanted this game to get a lot more support I'd put on hold all other ideas and really work on missing images before anything else. It would make the game far better than let's say balancing the academy job that was mentioned few posts earlier in the dev notes. I mean it requires a specific set of starting traits, basically crippling your early game combat capabilities and income, possibly slave management too and it's not even that interesting to start with. And it's the girls that primarily make this game interesting.
Already being worked on. Some of the merchant placeholders have already been replaced as of 7.9.2.1.

CURRENT ALPHA PATCH NOTES:

Redesigned Academy professorships
The dwindling numbers of professors (damn those prowler cults!) have forced The Academy to reconsider how they handle their assignments.

• You can no longer get thrown out from the Academy. Failing to work your 15 days during a 30 day period will result in an Influence drop instead.
• You're now paid per held lecture instead of a daily sum. The base earning is $100 once you've finished the lecture, but this sum increases as your skill gets higher and if your Influence is above 1000, 1500, 3000, 5000 or 10,000. A famous professor (Influence above 10k) with Academics 130, will net $400+ per day.
• Added an Academy Disposition/Affection score that increases after each held class. This should be considered as an Influence attribute, but strictly inside the Academic world of Ikaanos. The Academy score will get more attention in the Historical Society/Explorer's Guild and grant you certain benefits in future quests/events.

Art
• Added 5 sex scenes for Juno (missionary).
• Added 3 sex scenes for Piper (interaction).
• Added 16 bondage scenes for Juno (the rack).
• Added 7 wardrobe scenes for New Eden dress.

WulfgarD

Aug 18, 2017
I think it was a smart move, to put the story on an alien planet. It gives a lot of advantages, especially it frees you from explaining a lot of things like what happened to the other countries/continents. Do these other remnants of the old world condone slavery and stuff like this. On a new world you can treat treat everything like a philosophical construct. It has to be logical in itself, but does not have to follow everything like it would happen in our world.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
Interesting story actually - the idea of Raana, the abandoned colony and the new slave-depending society that formed in the centuries after The Severance, came to me while driving home from work one night - early 2021-ish.

I'd just started mapping out the setting for this game and the original location was actually placed in the post-apocalyptic US. But I felt something was missing. I needed a better twist, and better creative freedom. So, I fast-forwarded 250 years and moved it off-planet. All the other stuff and details grew organically from there - the great houses, quests, slave ideas and the timeline on Raana.

when I first encountered the game, I immediately was reminded of a series of books I use to read, by John Norman...GOR.

Reactions: tsap

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020

Something that some devs around here can learn from.

Map out your world/universe first, people!

Just makes it easier when you begin writing your storylines, it gives you rules to follow and allows freedom to go wild in a healthy way.

Maybe some people find that writing a Story Overview is constricting or something I dunno. Don't mind me, just rambling.

So close to Pregnancy :love:

Reactions: ShinCore

nijam66

May 11, 2019
I noticed, the gradual decline in affection of your girls getting a major micro management hassle later on. This topic might require some rebalancing, to keep slave interaction fun, instead of risking it becoming a chore.

Also in terms of micromanagement, i would really appreciate an option to re-equip the last worn dress of a slave either after every sexual/bondage encounter, or just in the morning.

Last edited:

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
I noticed, the gradual decline in affection of your girls getting a major micro management hassle later on. This topic might require some rebalancing, to keep slave interaction fun, instead of risking it becoming a chore.

Also in terms of micromanagement, i would really appreciate an option to re-equip the last worn dress of a slave either after every sexual/bondage encounter, or just in the morning.
As for micromanagement, I'd like it if the slaves' happiness would stop and stay a while at 99 even when my MC:s actions supposedly push them over that limit. Appears a little bit counterintuitive to fx. take them to restaurant and accidentally tell one good joke too much only to see their happiness drop to 90 again. :)
No biggie, just saying.

KhaiFirst

Feb 27, 2021
complete trash game. This dev has no idea what a master is. Legit you have no power over them and need consent for everything
i respect your opinion, but i think game GOOD got high potential.

you ever go fishing ? or hunting if not go youtube it... prey won't just shake your hand agree too all you wanted to do to them, slave in this game willpower base where you need break it before become pussy cat serv you.

Nexor6

Aug 8, 2018

you ever go fishing ? or hunting if not go youtube it... prey won't just shake your hand agree too all you wanted to do to them, slave in this game willpower base where you need break it before become pussy cat serv you.
oh yeah its been a long time ago since i wrote that. Right now the game has improved by a lot and is more realistic, back then it was garbanzo, now its decent and has great potential

Leobbb

May 24, 2019
complete trash game. This dev has no idea what a master is. Legit you have no power over them and need consent for everything

I don't agree with the trash game remark and I agree that the game has high potential. However there is still a big problem with breaking willpower for rebellious and spoiled slaves such as Rebecca for example as there are only two possible approaches, you either try to win the girl's heart by simping and then slowly start some domination things when she is already into you and happy (this approach obviously shouldn't work on spoiled girls) or completely break her with bondage cruelty, with her instantly going from arrogance into full depression upon hitting some arbitrary willpower number, also leaving some permanent psychological trauma and hate for you. There is nothing between and there should be some more neutral way to enforce basic discipline without going full brutal.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: KhaiFirst

WulfgarD

Aug 18, 2017
I think that should be an issue, when the game is more fleshed out. The same with the cloth. It should be possible, to make a slave wear some cloth the master choses her to wear. If it is to revealing she might be upset. But that she simply wears what she wants to wear does not make much sense in a slaveryscenario.

KhaiFirst

Feb 27, 2021
I don't agree with the trash game remark and I agree that the game has high potential. However there is still a big problem with breaking willpower for rebellious and spoiled slaves such as Rebecca for example as there are only two possible approaches, you either try to win the girl's heart by simping and then slowly start some domination things when she is already into you and happy (this approach obviously shouldn't work on spoiled girls) or completely break her with bondage cruelty, with her instantly going from arrogance into full depression upon hitting some arbitrary willpower number, also leaving some permanent psychological trauma and hate for you. There is nothing between and there should be some more neutral way to enforce basic discipline without going full brutal.
yes game, is not TRASH. why Bcause is NOT yet done, and why HIGH Potential be GREAT! story there.. Slave/bondage(my personal kink) even so is html game feel quality and enjoy game public release not spending $$ people should be grateful.

Regarding Slave... i Break them willpower 2 zero than REbuild them to your need... send them to work earn money.. or just F12 get money haha..

Last edited:

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
I think that should be an issue, when the game is more fleshed out. The same with the cloth. It should be possible, to make a slave wear some cloth the master choses her to wear. If it is to revealing she might be upset. But that she simply wears what she wants to wear does not make much sense in a slaveryscenario.
in this game, you need to train your slaves to obey. they dont come already broken except for a few. this is where the slave training part of being a slave trainer/owner/master comes in.

Reactions: KhaiFirst
4.50 star(s) 116 Votes