Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
What do you guys do with your yard? I made a dojo over the scrap pile and a workshop in the bottom right, but im unsure what to do with the left. I always leave the grove as it's the last relic of my father (and it adds contentment... whatever that is) but for the bottom left I could build stables or a garden and idk which. I need food but stables unlock fast travel right? I am thinking maybe stables and then I can go and move the workshop off-site.
I always fill the entire yard with gardens only. Then after I have sold enough food to have ~$80k in cash, I build a workshop in the external plot next to the house and once that workshop is max upgraded I replace two of the gardens with stables and dojo and also a gazebo with pool in the small slot.

But I will probably keep the grove next game. It will take a little longer to afford the external plot with workshop that way, but I don't see how it matters if I become millionaire at age 18.4 instead of age 18.3.

Reactions: DrLizardman

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
The new version is super good especially the mini avatar. Makes everything easier.

I know you plan to add the sexual and bondage options but I added the old logic for bondage (Very difficult for me to play without it due to corruption and WP).
Any eta on adding those features?
I have now decided that I will add a few situational aware / semi interactive buttons.

In dungeon they will do things like whip + fuck and in battle they will probably be options for everyone to do melee attack or ranged attack (or alterantively be a single instruction for each npc for the remainder of the battle... I will probably have to experiment a bit to figure out what battle automations makes most sence)

But I will most likely not spend time implementing it until a few weeks from now.

Last edited:

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
you will get more prowlers later from bounties so it's not the end of the world. as for Hulk I do not think you can grab him but you can grab the girl with him. (I would not know as I have never been strong enough)
Prowlers from random bounties are on the topmost position in battle and random bounties in that position cannot be captured.

I assume high willpower feminists dont decrease demoralization and just increase emancipation?
Yes, as far as I can see, they do not decrease demoralization.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
If you're looking to add things to the mod, the main thing I would be interested in would be the ability to guarantee certain traits on an NPC when I pick them up. For most uniques I tend to save scum workaholic on them which is very tedious. For a few specific combat NPCs like Kate, the ex arena champ, Truls, Cassius, and Aaron I will save scum malevolent which is equally tedious. Workaholic you can grind out naturally if you want but save scumming is the only way to get malevolent and brawler.
I have now experimented a little on this topic.
For most npcs you can simply hover mouse on the avatar immediately after adding them to find out what random traits they have and just press F5 until happy.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For mercenaries the randomness typically happens a few clicks before adding them.

In that situation you can use this method:
1. Make a quick save at some point where you are absolutely sure the npc has not been randomized.
2. Add them to find out the avid.
3. Quick load.
4. Console: SugarCube.State.active.variables.npc.avid
5. Click one step closer to adding the npc.
6. Repeat 4-5 until console suddenly shows a different result
7. Quicksave at this point.
8. Now you have the optimal scum point where you can add, hover and reload until happy.

The more direct approach would of course be to edit start_game.html and remove any unwanted randomness for the specific npc... But that would be out of scope for the automation mod.

Edit: For mercenaries who are found via red button directly on map, it unfortunately seems to be that they get created when player first enters that specifc map. So Aiko, Dexter and a few others would be quite complicated to save scum regardless of method... I guess I could add a reset feture for them... But that would then belong in a future cheat section which is unlikely to happen.

Last edited:

brorpag

Nov 22, 2020
you will get more prowlers later from bounties so it's not the end of the world. as for Hulk I do not think you can grab him but you can grab the girl with him. (I would not know as I have never been strong enough)
You can get the hulk, i did it in my new playthrough. Not worth it though since hes just a standard prowler and sells for the same amount

uterus

Sep 14, 2018
whats the deal with sickness?
ive been notified a couple of times that one of my slaves has one but when i check i cant find any info.
is this something to keep an eye on or can i just ignore it?

edit:
maybe someone has advice on how to level manipulate without books or courses?
i know persuasion and chore crits are supposed to increase it but iam not having much luck.
what chores/interactions are best suited for this?

Last edited:

julia2024

Mar 16, 2024
Hi!
Don't know whether it was reported already or not.
I have a problem with the decereasing of the amount of money (~$2k-$3k) that occurs after visiting "Divine juices" and starting session there. I usually choose "drink", "socialize", "eat food" options.
Also had the same problem with the decrease of money after playing some poker games in the "Dockgrave tavern".

Genie

Mar 24, 2018
I have now decided that I will add a few situational aware / semi interactive buttons.

In dungeon they will do things like whip + fuck and in battle they will probably be options for everyone to do melee attack or ranged attack (or alterantively be a single instruction for each npc for the remainder of the battle... I will probably have to experiment a bit to figure out what battle automations makes most sence)

But I will most likely not spend time implementing it until a few weeks from now.
Dungeon is easy for me if you go the basic route. Obviously, it requires 3 extra buttons but I am good with it as there is lots of extra space on menu.

Now, drag and drop feature will be good and will require prequiste to check if character is in dungeon if yes then go to whip/fuck if not then take to dungeon and perform the action. Either way it eliminates couple clicks.

Reactions: GD-studios

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Dungeon is easy for me if you go the basic route. Obviously, it requires 3 extra buttons but I am good with it as there is lots of extra space on menu.

Now, drag and drop feature will be good and will require prequiste to check if character is in dungeon if yes then go to whip/fuck if not then take to dungeon and perform the action. Either way it eliminates couple clicks.
I was thinking more like this:

At home:
|Take to Foreplay| |Take to Dungeon| |Something else|

In Foreplay, dungeon or battle, buttons replaced:
|Do Something| |Do Something| |Do Something|

In total 3 buttons, with different functionality depending on the situation.

Edit: It may seem strange that I want to minimize the number of buttons, when there is still room for more, but the reason is that I want to have additional space for possible future things like a quick world navigator or a mod console, where you could get some feedback or enter cheat codes.

Last edited:

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
whats the deal with sickness?
ive been notified a couple of times that one of my slaves has one but when i check i cant find any info.
is this something to keep an eye on or can i just ignore it?

edit:
maybe someone has advice on how to level manipulate without books or courses?
i know persuasion and chore crits are supposed to increase it but iam not having much luck.
what chores/interactions are best suited for this?
Sickness debuffs are instant. They wake up with less stamina etc but the sickness itself is "gone" after Conclude Day.

Reactions: Fauno36 and uterus

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Hi!
Don't know whether it was reported already or not.
I have a problem with the decereasing of the amount of money (~$2k-$3k) that occurs after visiting "Divine juices" and starting session there. I usually choose "drink", "socialize", "eat food" options.
Also had the same problem with the decrease of money after playing some poker games in the "Dockgrave tavern".
Maybe you're there during the Midnight shift? All household income/expenditures are added or deducted at 00:00.

brorpag

Nov 22, 2020
What am i supposed to do with scrap iron/scrap cloth? got tons of it from the workshop but i cant find anywhere to sell it

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I have now experimented a little on this topic.
For most npcs you can simply hover mouse on the avatar immediately after adding them to find out what random traits they have and just press F5 until happy.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For mercenaries the randomness typically happens a few clicks before adding them.

In that situation you can use this method:
1. Make a quick save at some point where you are absolutely sure the npc has not been randomized.
2. Add them to find out the avid.
3. Quick load.
4. Console: SugarCube.State.active.variables.npc.avid
5. Click one step closer to adding the npc.
6. Repeat 4-5 until console suddenly shows a different result
7. Quicksave at this point.
8. Now you have the optimal scum point where you can add, hover and reload until happy.

The more direct approach would of course be to edit start_game.html and remove any unwanted randomness for the specific npc... But that would be out of scope for the automation mod.

Edit: For mercenaries who are found via red button directly on map, it unfortunately seems to be that they get created when player first enters that specifc map. So Aiko, Dexter and a few others would be quite complicated to save scum regardless of method... I guess I could add a reset feture for them... But that would then belong in a future cheat section which is unlikely to happen.
Yeah for mercs their traits are set the first time you're in the same room with them. If they're outside then it's the first time you enter the same zone even if you don't talk to them. So to save scum traits on Aiko for instance you have to never enter Kasey Park until you're ready to hire her. Then save just before entering the zone, hire her, go home and check her stats, reload if you don't like her traits.

For mercs who are inside their traits are set the first time you enter the building they're in. So for instance if you go buy some ammo from the weapon store, Bud's traits have just been locked in.

For mercs there are usually a pretty small subset of random traits they can get, and for some of them that subset of traits is nothing (like Dexter). The most common trait I like to save scum on mercs is workaholic since several of them can get it randomly. The other one I insist on for mercs is scavenger on Bud since that's really the only reason to get him if you're not going to fight with him.

The worst case scenario is Aiko and Felix since they're both in the same zone. So if you want Felix to be both a workaholic and a techie and you also want Aiko to be a warrior you're going to be there awhile. Fortunately Aiko is guaranteed workaholic so I don't bother save scumming her traits. I just insist that Felix be a workaholic and take whatever Aiko gets randomly.

Reactions: Fauno36

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I always fill the entire yard with gardens only. Then after I have sold enough food to have ~$80k in cash, I build a workshop in the external plot next to the house and once that workshop is max upgraded I replace two of the gardens with stables and dojo and also a gazebo with pool in the small slot.

But I will probably keep the grove next game. It will take a little longer to afford the external plot with workshop that way, but I don't see how it matters if I become millionaire at age 18.4 instead of age 18.3.
For me the dojo is a temporary building. I'm always going to build one but once I get MC and my A team to 130 strength, dex, and stamina I don't need it anymore. I can still pump everyone else to 100 or so without it.

I consider the stables to be mandatory, although not in the early game since it's expensive. The gardens I consider to be high priority in the early game since they're cheap and they save you a ton of money on food.

I'm kind of a tree hugger by nature so I would normally want to keep the grove but if you look at it from a utility standpoint it's just inferior to literally anything else you might want to put there with maybe the possible exception of building a second stables or more than 1 dojo (you can do that but I'm not sure why you would).

For me it kind of comes down to what I plan on doing with the 2 outside lots. If I plan on putting workshops in both of them then I can keep the grove and some gardens in my yard. If I'm going to make both of them taverns then at least 1 if not 2 or 3 of my yard slots are going to be workshops. The small statue thing is always going to be a gazebo.

I haven't had much luck making very much money with taverns but I recently stumbled onto the idea of using them for training and they're actually kind of nice for that. They can train charisma, domestic, strength, melee, administration, and performance up to 80 each if you manage to get people in there with stats arranged so they qualify for the right job. Unfortunately if you train up combat stats pretty much everyone is going to be a bouncer. So that means if you want to use a tavern for passive training purposes you pretty much have to intentionally NOT train combat stats on anyone you're going to put there.

3 of the jobs train charisma. 2 of them train strength. 2 of them train domestic. 1 of them trains performance. 1 of them trains administration. 1 of them trains melee. All of them train 2 different stats at once.

If you have a lot of people in your house though it's certainly better than having like 20 maids or janitors because you have nothing else useful for them to do.

I haven't tested yet to see how viable it is to try and train up 2 stats to 80 with 1 job and then train them enough to have them switch to a different job. I suspect that would be tough to do. So you probably have to just pick 1 job that you want them to do and then swap them out for someone else once their 2 relevant stats for that job hit 80. I think the 3 jobs that train charisma are generally the most useful, although training up an accountant to 80 administration that way would be nice. Unfortunately Adrianne has much higher performance than she does administration initially if you put her in there without training she'll be a performer which does not train administration. But Lucky gets the right job right from the get go if you want to train her up for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ordos

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Yeah for mercs their traits are set the first time you're in the same room with them. If they're outside then it's the first time you enter the same zone even if you don't talk to them. So to save scum traits on Aiko for instance you have to never enter Kasey Park until you're ready to hire her. Then save just before entering the zone, hire her, go home and check her stats, reload if you don't like her traits.

For mercs who are inside their traits are set the first time you enter the building they're in. So for instance if you go buy some ammo from the weapon store, Bud's traits have just been locked in.

For mercs there are usually a pretty small subset of random traits they can get, and for some of them that subset of traits is nothing (like Dexter). The most common trait I like to save scum on mercs is workaholic since several of them can get it randomly. The other one I insist on for mercs is scavenger on Bud since that's really the only reason to get him if you're not going to fight with him.

The worst case scenario is Aiko and Felix since they're both in the same zone. So if you want Felix to be both a workaholic and a techie and you also want Aiko to be a warrior you're going to be there awhile. Fortunately Aiko is guaranteed workaholic so I don't bother save scumming her traits. I just insist that Felix be a workaholic and take whatever Aiko gets randomly.
If you want to make Bud always scavenger you can edit start_game.html like this:
Find: traitscav: either(0, 100),
Replace: traitscav: 100,

For Kelly and Kyle:
Find: traitscav: either(0, 0, 0, 0, 100),
Replace: traitscav: 100,

To remove randomness of workaholic from Enya, Loren, Felix, Samuel, Doyle and Kelly:
Find: traitwork: either(0, 0, 0, 100),
Replace: traitwork: 100,

To be more specific and adjust any of the scripted random traits you can search for the name of the mercenary, like this using Aiko as example:
Find: girlname: "Aiko
Scroll down ~100 lines to the section where you find traitxxx: either(values), and replace with traitxxx: 100,

Reactions: Lurker452
4.50 star(s) 121 Votes