AlienCatGames

Heartstrings creator
Game Developer
Jun 30, 2024
Hi! I discovered this game because Grimdark is on my game's Discord and I was curious to see what he had created.

From the first moment the game captivated me with the music and the brief introduction to its rich background and the atmosphere it manages to create. The world in which it takes place is so vivid that its city becomes another character, reminding me of other futuristic and decadent settings, such as those of "Firefly" or "Fading Suns".

The depth that the game has is astounding. Although I have not had the opportunity to explore it fully, it is clear that there is a vast amount of content to discover: build your own empire, explore the nooks and crannies that the city and the world offers you, dive into political intrigues...

Another thing that has won me over is the aesthetics of the interface. Its layout and design evoke in me the nostalgia of old classic games. However, the interface needs a major overhaul. Sometimes, accessing certain windows becomes a maze, with multiple buttons leading to the same place, or having to press several buttons to access the menu I want.

Perhaps a solution would be to keep fixed menus for the most used functions, although I understand that adapting the UI to PC and mobile can be tricky. And I also don't know if this is a limitation of using HTML.

Another negative point I find is the excessive micromanagement. From early-game to late-game, the amount of tasks can be overwhelming, which added to the intricate UI, makes even early-game cumbersome.

Here I propose a solution: a menu for automating actions, such as improving character relationships, reducing willpower, performing training, etc. This would ease the burden, even without changing the UI, and make the experience more fluid and enjoyable. With this the days could pass more quickly as the life of your character and his slaves advances, increasing the sense of progress.

I could go on and on about things I'd like to see in the game, but I've already gone on long enough. In any case, it's a game that promises hours of fun. Despite the drawbacks I mentioned, its immersive world and its potential are undeniable.

Very good work! I will follow the updates of the game. :)

Reactions: Daba

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Here I propose a solution: a menu for automating actions, such as improving character relationships, reducing willpower, performing training, etc. This would ease the burden, even without changing the UI, and make the experience more fluid and enjoyable. With this the days could pass more quickly as the life of your character and his slaves advances, increasing the sense of progress.
If only there was a mod for that...

Melfior

Jun 6, 2018
Tomorrow it is then :) As for Aria, I never get there because I always start over, even now Im thinking about it because I can capture whole groups and it would make trading easier (maybe).
There is now market saturation, that puts a massive 25% discount on your slaves :D

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
where should I put the image pack?
\Masters of Raana v0.8.3.3 Tier 4+\Mods\Sandman\Pics\Av

That no one mentions that when searching for that info with search, the info is not in the mod pack, nor referenced on the first page, requiring me to go searching through the HTML, is criminal.

Pack00

Dec 29, 2019
\Masters of Raana v0.8.3.3 Tier 4+\Mods\Sandman\Pics\Av

That no one mentions that when searching for that info with search, the info is not in the mod pack, nor referenced on the first page, requiring me to go searching through the HTML, is criminal.
Do I create an "Av" folder? The existing "Av" folders are numbered 1 thru 40 or have AvGen or AvRan? Thanks in advance.

Grey Ribbon

Aug 28, 2017
Do I create an "Av" folder? The existing "Av" folders are numbered 1 thru 40 or have AvGen or AvRan? Thanks in advance.
You're talking about the Image Pack (with the folder 'Tier 4+' in it) downloaded from the first post in this thread right?

AFAIK, it's not a mod, it's literally just an archive of HD renders.

The only mods are Sandman's image mod (under the Official Mods mega link) and the automation mod to my knowledge.

4.50 star(s) 122 Votes