Zesterian

Apr 9, 2021
u wouldnt say that if u knew Grim like that , he works very hard and is a cool person , someone doing that is just awful , he puts out content faster than most Devs on f95 and updates a lot , no reason to do that , its not cool yo
I don't disagree that he works hard on it, but it is severely overpriced. To get all of the game content available is a 25 dollar a month subscription which is patently insane. The game content should be no more than 5 dollars a month with everything past that being extras or to help support. Locking quests behind a paywall that large is ridiculous.

It's just greed too, because if for instance it was instead "pay 25 dollars and get all of the content and updates forever" it'd be an expensive but still not egregious deal.
Instead we either have to keep paying 25 a month to keep updating or only update every few months still paying a 25 dollar fee for a couple months worth of updates.

It's bad, it should stop, the end. And you can't make it make sense because it's just blatantly overpriced beyond all reckoning.
People don't even pay more than 15 a month for a WoW subscription at the high end.

The game is great, I just don't understand why the base cost of supporting the developer is so high. There's not even anything on the discord to say "you paid the 25 a month once, now you're paying the 5 a month, so you can still get access to the updates" it's just "you stopped paying me 25 a month so you now never get to update your game again unless you downgrade to the public version"

I don't see how as a consumer that ever makes sense. Anyhow that's my tedtalk over, I ended up paying the 25 a month anyways because I enjoyed the game enough and can afford it. Still strongly disagree with the price though.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Armand it´s a great hire, and you need to hire him ASAP. The same day you open Chrystal Hills. Even if you don´t have enough investments to make him an accountant yet. No excuses.

He cost 1000$ to hire and 60$ per day. Not cheap, but he it´s not going to break the bank. But if it´s not profitable to put him to work as an accountant what´s the point?

You can, as Khumak suggest, send him to the Academy for training. The gains are modest (10% daily on Admin and 4% of intelligence daily, other gains are irrelevant or he is above Academy cap). Armand Accounting skill is 90 and that gives you a +30% of your Business income. Raising his Accounting to 95 gives you a +45 of your business income instead . That can be a lot. Accounting it´s (Admin + Int + Dis + Work alcoholic)/4, so increasing your accounting +5 will need to gain 20 points. That´s not easy and the Academy it´s one path to follow, but if you don´t want to follow it you can employ Armand in other ways.

1.- Workshop worker. He is Disc 95. Putting Armand to work instead of a dude with 30 can raise the average discipline of a 10 workers workshop by 6, and this it´s worth a lot more that the 60$ that cost Armand Upkeep.
2.- Foreman in your Workshop. He is INT 75 and at the start of the game it´s one of your best options.
3.- Slave Master: A slavemaster with Disc 90 and workalcoholic will train Physical Stats and Discipline. Not bad. And Armand skill as a slavemaster it´s 95, one of the bests.

So, we can employ Armand in a lot of ways and he is going to earn his salary with ease. But What´s the reason of the urgency? Why I say ASAP or no excuses?

When Selling slaves, having Armand in your employ adds +$50 to their , or +10% if he is Amiable or better (has 60+) towards you.
At the start of the game, the map it´s full of pesky red critters. You will have a lot of combat, and you will capture and sell a lot of slaves. It´s important to raise Armand affection to 60, and it would take time. The earlier you get Armand, the earlier you can start you courtship (no homo) of him

j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022
I don't disagree that he works hard on it, but it is severely overpriced. To get all of the game content available is a 25 dollar a month subscription which is patently insane. The game content should be no more than 5 dollars a month with everything past that being extras or to help support. Locking quests behind a paywall that large is ridiculous.

It's just greed too, because if for instance it was instead "pay 25 dollars and get all of the content and updates forever" it'd be an expensive but still not egregious deal.
Instead we either have to keep paying 25 a month to keep updating or only update every few months still paying a 25 dollar fee for a couple months worth of updates.

It's bad, it should stop, the end. And you can't make it make sense because it's just blatantly overpriced beyond all reckoning.
People don't even pay more than 15 a month for a WoW subscription at the high end.

The game is great, I just don't understand why the base cost of supporting the developer is so high. There's not even anything on the discord to say "you paid the 25 a month once, now you're paying the 5 a month, so you can still get access to the updates" it's just "you stopped paying me 25 a month so you now never get to update your game again unless you downgrade to the public version"

I don't see how as a consumer that ever makes sense. Anyhow that's my tedtalk over, I ended up paying the 25 a month anyways because I enjoyed the game enough and can afford it. Still strongly disagree with the price though.
most games have a patreon for early access then it goes public, so i dunno what ur saying there , u pay for early access simple as that , what u think almost everyone on here has a patreon for? everything aint free homie

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Grim had said , Administration, Corruption , Willpower, Science, Discipline and Affection are important. Ive not coded all of them yet but expect many different outcomes based on those variables, Grim had said that in the Discord about 2 weeks ago
Thanks for the additional context, I don't use the discord so I was pulling my information by trawling through the old posts Grim had made on site about the topic. Glad to hear that it is apparently turning out even more nuanced than their initial ambitions for the idea.

j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022

and the base cost for supporting the dev is $3 a month , u said its $25 it isnt , if u wanna support the dev u can spend $3 so ur wrong there

NTDW

Mar 18, 2020
i have a problem, I can't advance the quests because Aria cannot be bought by me, she's only for licensed slavers. I have no idea what's happening here since I belong to Kymanto and can't find any more quests from them. How to solve this problem?

Zesterian

Apr 9, 2021
most games have a patreon for early access then it goes public, so i dunno what ur saying there , u pay for early access simple as that , what u think almost everyone on here has a patreon for? everything aint free homie
and the base cost for supporting the dev is $3 a month , u said its $25 it isnt , if u wanna support the dev u can spend $3 so ur wrong there
That's not what is happening here, you're just very misinformed.
It's not early access, and the 3 dollar a month package doesn't get you the content, it requires 25 a month to get access to the full game with no locked content.
The public version of the game has content locked behind a paywall, you're paying 25 a month to get past that paywall for a few quests and a better character creation for the most part. It's not just 25 a month for early access to something you can get later on for free.

The problem is that the 3$ a month package gives you access to a poll. You're paying for the right to vote, you don't even get access to ANY of the paywalled content for 3 dollars a month, that's _stupid_
The 5$ monthly package gets you 2 new NPCs and a questline that leads to a rather sizable chunk of gameplay.
Add another 5 dollars to get to the 10$ a month package and there you finally get the 'early access' you thought you got at 3 dollars. It's instead 10 dollars a month for early access, and if you think that's normal or okay you're delusional.
It takes another 15 dollars on top of that to get to the 25$ package where you get access to the improved character creation and another quest albeit a rather unimportant one compared to the one you paid for at 5 dollars.

I've posted before about this and am hoping Grimdark replies and tries to rationalize why it's so expensive and in such a consumer unfriendly way.
I mean think about how if you pay the 25 a month package for ~4 months you'd have given Grimdark 100 dollars but won't have received benefits that someone would have if they paid one month for the 50 dollar or 100 dollar packages? Why is it not cumulative to give extra rewards to loyal people supporting the dev for a long time?
Can you imagine giving Grimdark money for this game for half a year, ending your subscription and after paying in 175 dollars losing access to updates to your paid version of the game?!

It's F**king ridiculous!

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
It's not early access, and the 3 dollar a month package doesn't get you the content, it requires 25 a month to get access to the full game with no locked content.
The public version of the game has content locked behind a paywall, you're paying 25 a month to get past that paywall for a few quests and a better character creation for the most part. It's not just 25 a month for early access to something you can get later on for free.

The problem is that the 3$ a month package gives you access to a poll. You're paying for the right to vote, you don't even get access to ANY of the paywalled content for 3 dollars a month, that's _stupid_
The 5$ monthly package gets you 2 new NPCs and a questline that leads to a rather sizable chunk of gameplay.
Add another 5 dollars to get to the 10$ a month package and there you finally get the 'early access' you thought you got at 3 dollars. It's instead 10 dollars a month for early access, and if you think that's normal or okay you're delusional.
It takes another 15 dollars on top of that to get to the 25$ package where you get access to the improved character creation and another quest albeit a rather unimportant one compared to the one you paid for at 5 dollars.

I've posted before about this and am hoping Grimdark replies and tries to rationalize why it's so expensive and in such a consumer unfriendly way.
I mean think about how if you pay the 25 a month package for ~4 months you'd have given Grimdark 100 dollars but won't have received benefits that someone would have if they paid one month for the 50 dollar or 100 dollar packages? Why is it not cumulative to give extra rewards to loyal people supporting the dev for a long time?
Can you imagine giving Grimdark money for this game for half a year, ending your subscription and after paying in 175 dollars losing access to updates to your paid version of the game?!

It's F**king ridiculous!
Wrong.

The $5 tier contains all extra content. $25 has some cheats and early access. That's it.

The $5 content stays forever in your save, even on public versions, so that tier isn't particularly "greedy" either.

99% of all Tier4+ subscribers are either in it for supporting this project, which wouldn't exist today in its current form without those guys, and/OR the daily Alpha updates (which eventually drop to the public when they're done).

The leaked tier4 Alpha on this site is a rather unstable version missing several important components. Waiting until tomorrow when 0834 (STABLE) drops, is HIGHLY recommended, especially for Aria's stuff. And tomorrow's version is 100% free. ;)

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
Tomorrow it is then :) As for Aria, I never get there because I always start over, even now Im thinking about it because I can capture whole groups and it would make trading easier (maybe).

j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022

It's F**king ridiculous!
Grim already responded but i started playing MoR since 2021 , subbed 2022 and been patreon ever since getting early access is great!! Dev is cool too! he updates a lot, if theres any one on f95 for me to do that its Grim and u get to show your a Acolyte in the discord its cool!

Zesterian

Apr 9, 2021
Wrong.

The $5 tier contains all extra content. $25 has some cheats and early access. That's it.

The $5 content stays forever in your save, even on public versions, so that tier isn't particularly "greedy" either.

99% of all Tier4+ subscribers are either in it for supporting this project, which wouldn't exist today in its current form without those guys, and/OR the daily Alpha updates (which eventually drop to the public when they're done).

The leaked tier4 Alpha on this site is a rather unstable version missing several important components. Waiting until tomorrow when 0834 (STABLE) drops, is HIGHLY recommended, especially for Aria's stuff. And tomorrow's version is 100% free. ;)
"

Acolyte
$25 per month
  • All from the $10 Tier.
  • Powerful starting templates with unique dialogues and avatar pics.
  • Access to NPC debug menus.
  • "The Inheritance" - a small quest that activates if you pick the "Wealthy" starting template.
  • Access to all Alpha versions.
Near as I can figure your Patreon states that the quest and the starting template character customization options are locked behind Acolyte.

And if I were to be playing on the t4 version of the game and then update with files from the public version it would become the public version of the game and if I went through character creation again these new options would not exist and 'The Inheritance' quest would not be available.

If I'm wrong, you've got a marketing issue less than a pricing issue and should probably update subscribestar and the patreon pages, and I'll gladly apologize and upgrade to Mastersphere for a month. (Currently at Acolyte, discord name Zlysium)
If I'm not wrong please clarify that as well. And since I've got your attention possibly remark on the idea of cumulative subscription rewards E.G. If someone gives you 50 dollars over however long of a time it should entitle them to the same level of rewards as someone who gives you 50 dollars once, I think that's not only fair but ethically required.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
"

Acolyte
$25 per month
  • All from the $10 Tier.
  • Powerful starting templates with unique dialogues and avatar pics.
  • Access to NPC debug menus.
  • "The Inheritance" - a small quest that activates if you pick the "Wealthy" starting template.
  • Access to all Alpha versions.
Near as I can figure your Patreon states that the quest and the starting template character customization options are locked behind Acolyte.

And if I were to be playing on the t4 version of the game and then update with files from the public version it would become the public version of the game and if I went through character creation again these new options would not exist and 'The Inheritance' quest would not be available.

If I'm wrong, you've got a marketing issue less than a pricing issue and should probably update subscribestar and the patreon pages, and I'll gladly apologize and upgrade to Mastersphere for a month. (Currently at Acolyte, discord name Zlysium)
If I'm not wrong please clarify that as well. And since I've got your attention possibly remark on the idea of cumulative subscription rewards E.G. If someone gives you 50 dollars over however long of a time it should entitle them to the same level of rewards as someone who gives you 50 dollars once, I think that's not only fair but ethically required.
Ah, yes, you're right. Those "powerful starting templates" were removed in 082. Fixed and updated. Replaced by cheats (MoR enhanced and debug menu).

You're also ethically right about the last part - even if it would drench me in tier requests and probably bring progress rate to a halt. o_O

There has been several unofficial tier requests from Tier4 veterans, however, if an old-timer suggests/requests a feature, we can often work something out.

Reactions: Jumper

ded inside

Jan 3, 2019
u wouldnt say that if u knew Grim like that , he works very hard and is a cool person , someone doing that is just awful , he puts out content faster than most Devs on f95 and updates a lot , no reason to do that , its not cool yo
1. This is a pirate forum, don't lecture me on morals.
2. I'm not going to pay $25 a month for a product that's not finished.
3. Even if I wanted to pay, I couldn't, I live in Russia and my card is not accepted outside of Russia.
4. Even if I did pay for it, I would leak new versions as soon as they come out, because I believe that everyone has the right to access any content, even if they can't/don't want to pay for it.

Last edited:

Daba

Jan 22, 2018
I skipped the tutorial quest as I didn't want to bother with Ansel, and now I saw that it has the unique slave Mae Doe as a reward.I really don't want to start a new game for Xth time, but would like to see this Mae Doe, so, does anyone know how to activate the quest again with the save edit or the console?

Found solution so I am sharing it here if someone needs it in future.
Change in savegame file "quest_tut": 99 to "quest_tut": 0, and quest start again.

Last edited:

keenkp

Nov 25, 2019
The first time I got to the stage where I offered to help Aria Bianchi in the rebellion, and new quest 'New World Order' appeared.
Anyway, I am wondering what happens after Aria become Chancellor of The Third Republic as her goal is to end slavery and bring equality to Ikaanos.
So for those that finish this storyline, does it matter if you break or even marry Aria before that? Can I keep her at home as my slave later? Can I make her into my political puppet?
Except she told me it will be worthy for me, I really don't see the incentive for doing all that beside doing main quest.

Thanks in advance.
She will charge the team. And you can get her back after 14 days. It will not break the relationship.

Reactions: Daba

zbunk

Jul 7, 2021
are the ai images placeholders eventually to be replaced by actual renders or are they there to stay?

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
New Beta version of Automation mod available here

News:
Various bug fixes.
* Better logging (starting on day 1 instead of day 2 and immediately when npcs are added instead of next day and repeatable in end of day screen. Normal Conclude day and Continue buttons are disabled to avoid accidentally clicking on them.)
* Training buttons and hunting button now always default to adding the followers from last time, if no current followers.
* Improved information when hovering on some buttons and some buttons automatically disabled when not usable.
* Cheat shortcuts. Type Juno.age = 100 instead of SugarCube.State.active.variables.npc.av4.age = 100 (on by default).
* Cheat: Player informed when new NPC is found and mod believes that it can be cheated for different traits via F5 (activated by default in the beta version but will be disabled by default in future versions).

Not properly tested yet, use at own risk.
Turned out to be more buggy than expected. Proper version has now been uploaded (link is same as above).

Cheat popups is disabled in the new version. To activate, edit this line in config: 1722516824007.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: Grey Ribbon

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Yeah if you have slave aging on eventually they turn 18 and 'unlock' so to speak. I figure eventually there will be a mod that allows that age restriction reduced, would be nice.
You can increase the aging rate of 17 and below NPCs in game options page 3.
4.Can anyone also advise other useful NPC's traits?
5. if so, how should I deal with my merchandise? just sell them?
6.any suggestions for the combat configuration? I'm using myself as melee and my team mate as Ranged(wow this sentence is a little difficult for me i hope i don't make you too puzzled). do you have any suggestions on this?
4.) Several of them cannot be learned. NPCs either come with it or they do not. Ammo Pack, Brawler, Warrior (trainable; useful for combat NPCs), Techie, Crackshot, Malevolent (combat mostly), Extrovert, Perfectionist (trainable), Scavenger, Jaeger, Wild-born for certain playstyles, Manager, Shadowborn, Statesman, etc. Honestly though, sometimes you just want traits for flavor reasons. That's okay too. Everyone having the same exact traits can feel dull.

5.) You can donate merchandise too. The Holy Virgin and the Great Mosque accepts them and gives you Standing in return, giving you small passive income daily, increasing based on your Standing and their power. They may not accept donations if your religion is their designated enemy.

6.) You can train anyone to excel in combat though some excel at it more than others. Once they have 80+ melee or 80+ dex, they can start in forward position if you choose, meaning they can start hitting in melee on round 1. Or you can give them whipping canes for easy capture of enemies.
Would you know the variable for the area champion? :)
It should be quest_kah = 1 if I remember it right. I cannot test it today.

Last edited:

Rogerc33

Aug 9, 2022
I paid once for the 25 version and then switched to all free updates. The only disturbance is waiting initially for the next update to pass your content by but yeah, everything is maintained in your save file. He hasn't created any new Tier 2 quests yet (some old ones are still incomplete like the Great House ending) that you'd need a new version with although some of the game start abilities have been revamped.

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes