Hans98

Aug 3, 2018
have you fucked kyle into oblivion, made her/him become an undying love for you?
have you corrupted him/her above 40? or better yet at 100 that its a devoted whore
who would love nothing more then to suck dick for its daily meal instead of wasting money
in things like meat fish or vegetables?
cause if you did not... that´s your answer!
I don´t understand your answer.
In Kyles Menue was the enslave option right from the beginning.
While Loren even as devoted whore does not show this option.

I think Clemecy is right. I did not see the label Servant because it is only shown when hovering over the name.
When i hired Kyle is only saw his stats in ranged weapon.

Hans98

Aug 3, 2018
Hover over their name in the NPC Menu. Does Kyle's say mercenary or servant? I never checked but if it is servant, then he has the same classification as Adrienne, who you can enslave.
Thanks! Didn´t see the label servant.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Currently (v8.3h) the travel time via the minimap (for non-limping mcs and without stables) from every location¹, where the minimap can be opened, to South Redhaven is 6 minutes. This means that the fastest travel time from Imogens Barrow to Kasey's Park is via South Redhaven (Minimap) and then normal travel to Stokke Hills (from South Redhaven) and then from Stokke Hills to Kasey's Park (you safe 6 minutes). But then I do not think that South Redhaven will be a fast-travel hub for all eternity.

For all other locations the travel time via the minimap to a location from a location inside of the city bounds of Ikaanos is 6 minutes if the destination is considered a "safe area" and 18 minutes otherwise. 30 minutes of travel time is added if the starting location is outside the city bounds and the destination is inside the city bounds. No time is added if the destination is outside the city proper. (Again this is for non-limping mcs without stables).

BTW: The only building other than "your home", where entering the building actually advances time, is Sloppy Moe's, where both entering and leaving take 18 minutes each.
(Or at least I did not find another building, eventhough I might have missed a some temporary POIs).

¹) Except South Redhaven
Yep, veteran players know to use the map and the little 'shortcuts' provided by it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I think you'll find all of the buildings take time if you stop in them, though in 'safe' areas it will only be six minutes. I think it's assessed when you leave, I hadn't noticed Sloppy Moe's double charges, I guess I seldom go in there now that you don't have to hunt down the Space Marine there. Note also that most (but not all) buildings allow you to use tendstims on yourself without it costing time and stamina.

klmb1990

Aug 14, 2016
You can interact with npcs from the npc menu directly. It is rather cumbersome compared to just clicking the favourite icon, particularly once you have many pages of npcs though.
Ah cool, I must just have missed it. Where is the button to talk to them on the NPC menu?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
For very bad scavengers (int <60, survival < 20 and masterlove (affection) below 60) the yield will be between 0 and 2 merchandise, but most likely zero, unless prosperity is high.

For very good scavengers (int >59, masterlove > 59,Survival>59), with the Scavie-trait, the yield will be between 6 and 12 merchs (unless prosperity is high).

This means, considering the max yields for Scav-duty in v8.23c for the different npcs (mercs), that only Ansel, who could bring in 16 merchandise (with high int), and the Space Marine will bring in fewer merchandise in the current v8.3h version compared to v8.23c.
Max scavenger production might be better overall in the current version if you have enough people doing it, but it seems like it takes longer to ramp up to than it used to. When we still had a max of 8 household slots (not including mercs) I could ramp up to over 60 merch per day within a few months. In the current version most of my people who don't start with the actual scavenger trait produce zero for several months and the best scavengers cap out at less than they used to as you mentioned already.

The only way I've found to ramp up scavenging to reasonable levels in less than a year is to save scum all the random slave girls I capture to guarantee that they start with 55 or 60 int (depending on whether they're nerds), making them trainable to 60 in a somewhat reasonable time frame.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Nellyg

Oct 27, 2018
Click on the household button and not on the follower button, your screenshot is clearly from the interface shown after clicking the follower button, but the attachment you did quote in your post did show a part of the interface after clicking the household button outside or after clicking on the npc menu inside your home.
1709775980143.png

This is from the household button, different to LizJ's screenshot

somebody28

Mar 10, 2018
Dude kdiff3 is so good it's crazy, man

I had a few random edits (like removing the willpower requirement for Head Maids to increase perfectionist), and kdiff3 just figured out the 3-way merge (base 8.3, my edited 8.3, and 8.3h) incredibly smoothly.

By the way, in case the dev is in this thread, I noticed that npc.kind is misnamed npc.kindness in two spots, which I assume means it's not working as intended.

Nellyg

Oct 27, 2018
Then did you by chance use the v8.3 start_game.html with a game, which was created in an earlier version? And then did load that game in v8.3 and where you did load a savegame outside of your home. And therefor did not see the "patch" button after loading and therefor did not patch your savegame to v8.3?

Because I only get a similiar screen after clicking on the household button, if I load an old savegame (from an older version) and then do not press the "patch button" otherwise I will get the other household view (and not your view). And then you will usually only see the "patch" button, if you load a savegame from inside your home.

Edit: It is not enough for old savegames (pre v8.3) to just switch the start_game.html, but you also need to patch the game and your screenshot does indicate that you did either not patch or at least did not do all patch iterations.
Lol, none of the above, the last time I played was version 0.7.something which I think was over a year ago and I started a fresh game. I'll download .3h and see does it play differently. Anyway thank you for trying ;)

LizJ

Aug 13, 2020
Lol, none of the above, the last time I played was version 0.7.something which I think was over a year ago and I started a fresh game. I'll download .3h and see does it play differently. Anyway thank you for trying ;)
I did an web image search and found a UI that looks like yours: for v0.8.1...
(Did you install the newest version over an older version? Maybe that didn't quite work?)
Anyway, start with a fresh v0.8.3h; hopefully you will have a better experience.
Let us know.

Reactions: Nellyg

Nellyg

Oct 27, 2018
I did an web image search and found a UI that looks like yours: for v0.8.1...
(Did you install the newest version over an older version? Maybe that didn't quite work?)
Anyway, start with a fresh v0.8.3h; hopefully you will have a better experience.
Let us know.
Yes it's fixed, I downloaded the .3h and when I went to save all the old saves were there. I must have loaded one of them up by accident last time.
Anyway, my new version is working perfectly, the old saves are in the Bin and now its time to lock & load.....And start all over again. :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the help!

Reactions: LizJ

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
There are any way to download older versions of the game? I feel curious to see how was the game let´s say in 6.3.1 (the first version named on the wiki

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
There are any way to download older versions of the game? I feel curious to see how was the game let´s say in 6.3.1 (the first version named on the wiki
Try searching his discord, I remember Grim posting a link to the earliest or one of the earliest versions.

Reactions: GD-studios

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Try searching his discord, I remember Grim posting a link to the earliest or one of the earliest versions.
I find it in itch.io, from 6.3.1 onwards

But if you try to download, you are send to the last version.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
What is Health +1: 92%?

What is that 2% doing in there?

I thought health +1 increments in 10s. 10% -> 20% -> 30% etc which culminates at +1 health at 100% then it resets back to 0%?

I had a math goal. My sons from 25 health to 150 health. With two sessions per day, I can get them +1 health in 5 days. So I can cover 125 health gain in 625 in-game days. Or at least grab them 100 total health, which should take 375 in-game days. But then that 2% threw me for a loop..

4.50 star(s) 136 Votes