EroKala

Jul 18, 2019
Uh, that's not good. I was playing a fairly regular run, and decided to fire Ansel since I'd completed the intro quest (got the income from the shop after giving them 25 pistols). But since I have better people for basically every role I'd use him for (combat, guard, scavenger), I figure I'd fire him. I did so, moved the merc I had in slot 2 into his slot, then hit new day.

And then I saw my cash reservoir say "$NaN". What? I reload the auto-save, and now it says $[Null]. My balance sheet now says I don't have enough cash to pay taxes and wages and have a week to avoid game over, so I crack open the save file.

"cash":null

well fuck, I guess I have to keep Ansel around if he's going to cost/steal literally all my cash.

Some good news, if you have positive cash flow, the next day you basically start from 0 (+ your income for that day). But still, fuck ansel.

• Haha
Reactions: horribleaura

GD-studios

The Budman
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Uh, that's not good. I was playing a fairly regular run, and decided to fire Ansel since I'd completed the intro quest (got the income from the shop after giving them 25 pistols). But since I have better people for basically every role I'd use him for (combat, guard, scavenger), I figure I'd fire him. I did so, moved the merc I had in slot 2 into his slot, then hit new day.

And then I saw my cash reservoir say "$NaN". What? I reload the auto-save, and now it says $[Null]. My balance sheet now says I don't have enough cash to pay taxes and wages and have a week to avoid game over, so I crack open the save file.

well fuck, I guess I have to keep Ansel around if he's going to cost/steal literally all my cash.

Some good news, if you have positive cash flow, the next day you basically start from 0 (+ your income for that day). But still, fuck ansel.
That sounds like a bug! What version are you playing? Can you post your save here?

Reactions: EroKala

EroKala

Jul 18, 2019
That sounds like a bug! What version are you playing? Can you post your save here?
Through the power of "Checking my recycling bin" and "making excessive amounts of save-to-disk files", I do have it.

This is version v0.8.3h, and I only have a file with the $[null] issue. I never got the $NaN to appear after the first time I reloaded.

EDIT: Actually, I should mention, after I used saveeditoronline to restore my cash back to about where it was, it hasn't happened again in the 3 or so hours I've put into that playthrough. So no need to get this save back to me or anything.

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Yes, always. I don't want to kill the father of one of my slavegirls, that's a fucking awful thing to pretend to make her comfortable with. Even Ivar Forkbeard in "Marauders of Gor" let the father of one his slavegirls live when that man was a bitter enemy of his who'd done him wrong. Even if you hate Amir for whatever reason I'd think fucking his daughter and passing her around at parties while making her love and enjoy it would be punishment enough.
Well he does try to have MC killed so IMO he deserves it. In the end it doesn't matter whether you do or not though since if you let him live someone else kills him.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017

He's still one of the better scavengers you can get even if he's not as good at it as he was in previous versions. Just send him off to the academy to bump him up to 60 int and train him up to 60 survival and he'll be one of your top scavengers, along with everyone else who has the actual scavenger trait.

Senormostaza

Oct 20, 2017
Uh... it's been years and I still don't get it: What's the implemented use of acrobatics?
It just seems like a useless version of Performance/Dancing which are already redundant.

Senormostaza

Oct 20, 2017
For me: Dexterity gain.
Right but that's training and not the stat already gained. For example Laika starts with an amazing 80 acrobatics, she's an acrobatic genius just doing the Blanka ball to move around.
For now she can't use this great base stat for anything right?

LizJ

Aug 13, 2020
Right but that's training and not the stat already gained. For example Laika starts with an amazing 80 acrobatics, she's an acrobatic genius just doing the Blanka ball to move around.
For now she can't use this great base stat for anything right?
If I understand you: Right; I have not seen a solely "acrobatics" event or job yet.

Reactions: Senormostaza

GD-studios

The Budman
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Version 0.8.3.1 A1 has been released (Tier4+)!

The next big MoR update has now landed on our Alpha channels! This first (A1) release contains the entire revamped Party Engine, a framework that has been neglected since mid-2022 when the old wife framework was introduced.

You're now able to arrange a ton of cool events for all household occupants: RPG sessions, watching documentaries to educate NPCs, play a myriad of games, host grand feasts or single romantic dinners and throw wild parties with themes ranging from classic rock to psy trance.

Explore 50+ advanced render scenes, 75,000 words of dialogue/descriptions and a large number of Easter eggs. In addition to this, 0831 A1 contains everything on the patch notes list found on Discord.

Read more .

NSFW previews below:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Well he does try to have MC killed so IMO he deserves it. In the end it doesn't matter whether you do or not though since if you let him live someone else kills him.

But it won't be me, I don't want to be the one who kills one of my girl's parents. I wouldn't want her if she could accept such a thing, I don't want heartless bitches.

Reactions: khumak

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
But it won't be me, I don't want to be the one who kills one of my girl's parents. I wouldn't want her if she could accept such a thing, I don't want heartless bitches.
Fair enough, and I agree it's not ideal. For an adult game I would say the ideal outcome would be if he also had a wife and you had the option to steal both his wife and his daughter away from him.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Emerald_Lord

Jun 19, 2018
Hey everyone, I've been playing this game for a while but this is the first time I decided to have a playthrough where I have kids. I've run into an issue. One of my girls just recently gave birth and before she got pregnant she had either a petite or normal body frame and through the pregnancy she understandably gained weight. Her body frame changed from petite/normal to curvy, how do I get it back to petite/normal?

Emerald_Lord

Jun 19, 2018
Well reduce her weight again, supposedly (physical) training/excercises (ie. acrobatics lessons) and a diet (reduction in food for that girl) should do the trick. Once her weight has gone down enough, her body should get back to the body frame it once was.
Thanks! I'll give this a try!

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
Hey guys I'm at the part of Caitlin's quest The Blind Hunt where we have returned to Ikaanos. It says it may take a couple days but so far nothing has triggered.
I do not see any new dialogue options with her either unless I'm somehow missing them.
Should I remove her from my party?

4.50 star(s) 136 Votes