lupoqb

Aug 14, 2019
Small note: Played trough Caitlin Tensor's quest. BRAVO!

TLDR: I was quite reserved when buying Caitlin, since I already knew she would be a bit difficult in the beginning. This time I didn't let her little speech disturb me, allowed her freely to continue her research instead, encouraged her when there was need, assisted on the road and paid her trip to mastersphere etc. I think she performed extraordinarily well and now there is a continuing small income for my MC thanks to Caitlin's work. Oh, she performs well enough in other respects, too, atm. Can't blame her recent behavior at all.
I dismissed Caitlin, thinking it would allow her to go open a clinic, but nothing has happened since. Where do I find her clinic and is there any way to get her back? Even if it's a cheat to modify a variable to bring her back..?

Last edited:

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
I dismissed Caitlin, thinking it would allow her to go open a clinic, but nothing has happened since. Where do I find her clinic and is there any way to get her back? Even if it's a cheat to modify a variable to bring her back..?
The clinic it´s in the Westside. And IIRR you must, before releasing Caitlin, make a free woman of her.

Reactions: tsap

lupoqb

Aug 14, 2019
The clinic it´s in the Westside. And IIRR you must, before releasing Caitlin, make a free woman of her.
I don't see any clinic in Westside Heights. I thought I did make her a free woman... :/ Is there anyway to activate the clinic?

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
I don't see any clinic in Westside Heights. I thought I did make her a free woman... :/ Is there anyway to activate the clinic?
Did you do her quest? Also, I think you need to talk to her first and she mentions wanting to start a clinic, but I could be mistaken on that.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
All I did was press the Free Slave action in the Actions tab. She built her clinic after I dismissed her. You could probably reset her by going through your save file or console command her state from 0(?) to 1. Or just go back to an earlier save file from before you released her.

lupoqb

Aug 14, 2019
All I did was press the Free Slave action in the Actions tab. She built her clinic after I dismissed her. You could probably reset her by going through your save file or console command her state from 0(?) to 1. Or just go back to an earlier save file from before you released her.

I checked, her state is at 1. I'm too far in the quests and npc (slaves) to go back that far.. :(

lupoqb

Aug 14, 2019
Did you do her quest? Also, I think you need to talk to her first and she mentions wanting to start a clinic, but I could be mistaken on that.
she did talk about opening a clinic, but I don't remember a quest opening up in the journal book

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
she did talk about opening a clinic, but I don't remember a quest opening up in the journal book
You have to do her quest to find a cure for fetid blindness for her to open her clinic I believe. IMO it's the best quest that any slave has and is really worth doing. Not sure where she goes if you free her without doing that.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Crel

Jun 5, 2018
dunno if this has been discussed before, but is it feasible (or even necessary) and does GrimDark have any interest in adding a modding framework for easy addition of new slaves and quests by mod?

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
You have to get her affection to, at least, amiable I believe and then ask her about "hopes and dreams". That should trigger her quest.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
With the up-and-coming release of the expanded framework for male slaves, would it be possible to have sex with them?
Not at the moment, and I don´t believe that it´s on the plans.

Lore wise, it will make all the sense, but I don´t believe it´s a road the developer it´s willing to take.

Aeyol

Jul 8, 2022

Lore wise, it will make all the sense, but I don´t believe it´s a road the developer it´s willing to take.
Is it the darkest road of the tapestry? Because it would make sense.... Opportunity to use the option or not...

restrictive

Jun 4, 2020

I'd like to see the option though.
Would line up well with the historical Romans' views on masculinity too (Doesn't matter who and what you penetrate, as long as you are the one doing the penetrating).

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
How to kickstart a business empire
1. Start the game with a background with at least 1900 influence (like exepert merchant + novice doctor) and grimdark difficulty + dying world
2. Take a $25k loan at the bank in Crystal Heights.
3. Upgrade house with food silo.
4. Buy all 4000 food rations available at the market for $6 each = $24k (only possible on Day 1).
5. End day
6a. Sell 4000 food rations for $11 each = $44k
6b. Or wait a few more days speculating on decreased prosperity + storm and sell 4000 food for ~$22 each = ~$88k
7. Buy workshop (and upgrades if you can afford it)
8. Hire staff or buy / capture slaves and start cranking out knives or rifles.
9. Optionally build a few gardens to have a nice passive side income.
10. Optionally buy Mai-Lynn at the Gallery in Crystal Heights slave auction to double passive food income (when control has increased and you can get back there).

Note: There is a 1 day delay for food price changes, so you typically need to wait an extra day after prosperity decrease / bad weather.

Edit: 1900 influence instead of 1500 required for loan in v0.8.3.1

Last edited:

zaqwsxcde1

Mar 17, 2019
Why waste space on garden ? Try building 4 workshop with everything upgraded . After 100 days I'm getting near 80+ k from 4 workshops selling knives. Invest early in that two sister ,u can buy iron and wood 2 bucks child paper than market price. That storm child,averri or whatever that redhead girl,Another captured slave with high intelligence(forgor her name too ),aria/Caitlin with decent intelligence - make them your foreman and mailynn as head maid for her high discipline. Only 3 men in whole 80+ household,currently swimming in money and ladies!

Reactions: harem.king
4.50 star(s) 136 Votes