madbat/]

Jun 6, 2020
No shota/loli trait for this game. It's pretty much banned everywhere anyway.
Lets me first state that I'm not against it, but it gives 2 questions.
1. it is a breeding game, so little ones (shota/loli) will appear, but where, and will we have any interaction (nonsexual) with them. Special barn, will they wear clothes.
2. what about the size of adult ones. Will it work the same way as in breeders of the Nephilim, or will there be only one size?
I will come back with more gameplay questions later.
Btw good luck with a game.

Reactions: MeLovely Games

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
well there's also Subscribestar
Sadly, like it shows with Youtube, it's a matter of visibility/familiarity. More people know the name Patreon than Subscribestar, and the former also gets way more traffic. Changing people's habits is a losing battle, and people have a tendency to just fall off the wagon even if it means only three more clicks to do. That's why, for example, big Youtubers criticizing the platform don't just pack and leave for another one : most of their viewers wouldn't follow just out of habit (or laziness) of going to Youtube.
So having multiple sources works, but packing your bags to migrate from Patreon to SS would likely spell doom for the income of the dev team.
That's the sad truth of it.

MeLovely Games

Creating Mating Season
Game Developer
Sep 29, 2021
well there's also Subscribestar
Rutonat gave a good answer for this, but my biggest problem with subscribestar is.... I don't want to have 3D realistic ********** to be advertised on my page :|

Dont' want to be associated with that in anyway. Some of those 3D renders, while they're not real children, are still too creepy for me. I just don't want =|

Lets me first state that I'm not against it, but it gives 2 questions.
1. it is a breeding game, so little ones (shota/loli) will appear, but where, and will we have any interaction (nonsexual) with them. Special barn, will they wear clothes.
2. what about the size of adult ones. Will it work the same way as in breeders of the Nephilim, or will there be only one size?
I will come back with more gameplay questions later.
Btw good luck with a game.
1. Babies don't exist, a full adult monster will be born after pregnancy :) Similar to the last BS.
2. I don't know how it's done with BotN, I saw some bodies that are 2x the size of others but not sure how their mechanic works because I never got that far.
In my game tho, there's a range of body size that a certain species can have. For example, cats have a slim build with smaller boobs. Cows will have a thick MILF build with big breasts. The biggest cat will never be as big as a cow. Big cats are bigger than other cats, but might look small compared to other big species.

MeLovely Games

Creating Mating Season
Game Developer
Sep 29, 2021
BreedingSeason3D|LoveOS
I hope you are currently developing low poly models as well. These kind of projects can eat up ram sticks whole if let astray... Ekhem... BREEDERSofNEPHYLEM...

Love fact that you aspire to get old aesthetics of the old fallen gigant. I wish you good luck!
Yeah... I want the game to be friendly to low-end laptops and mobile so total file size is definitely in my radar.

That said, people have told me that modern games 5gb+ is just normal nowadays, apparently. Not on my PC, I only have 20GB memory left and need to purge often because of the high cost of doing 3D :(

So yeah hopefully we'll keep the game as small as possible. I compress audio+images as much as possible to keep size low.

Reactions: whynotagain07

kekpuker

Sep 21, 2020
I compress audio+images as much as possible to keep size low.
I created a simple "first-impression optimization" criteria when you don't even need to launch a game - if unarchived game is much larger than its archive - then in most cases it will be running poorly. For example 5GB archive and 6GB unpacked is good in my opinion. I once had funny situation with one game when archive was ~400MB unpacked to ~6GB and game just eat whole VRAM on my old 2060 6GB making simple game running 10FPS. Luckily dev fixed that and it seems the problem was in texture atlases - they were large and mostly empty consuming VRAM without much useful data in it.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I created a simple "first-impression optimization" criteria when you don't even need to launch a game - if unarchived game is much larger than its archive - then in most cases it will be running poorly. For example 5GB archive and 6GB unpacked is good in my opinion. I once had funny situation with one game when archive was ~400MB unpacked to ~6GB and game just eat whole VRAM on my old 2060 6GB making simple game running 10FPS. Luckily dev fixed that and it seems the problem was in texture atlases - they were large and mostly empty consuming VRAM without much useful data in it.
I'd say that isn't always true. Many a person on this websites are basically using witchcraft to massively reduce sizes, like some 2.2Gb games going down to a baffling 150Mb archive. And yet, the games work perfectly.
But outside of compression, there's also the fact that some dev seem to think everyone has humongus monitors and rigs capable of handling resolutions of about 6000 by 4000 or some shit, because their renders are absurdly big for no reason making each one like 200Mb...

MeLovely Games

Creating Mating Season
Game Developer
Sep 29, 2021
Oooh that's very interesting, I just tested mine.

v0.0.1
Unarchived: 816MB
Zipped: 401MB

v0.0.2
Unarchived: 757MB
Zipped: 342MB

Honestly, it wasn't even a big optimization effort - probably took ~30mins to merge some texture to atlases and compress some audio files.

When we reach v0.1 hopefully the file size will become a lot smaller :ROFLMAO: so many textures are still separate and high-res now, but I let them be because we're still testing around :)

Reactions: kekpuker

master_x_2k

Jan 16, 2018
I wonder if it's a good idea to add free roaming instead of going with menus like the original. It doesn't seem to add anything but padding. I found it pointless in BotN too.

StupidJerk

Nov 7, 2017
And I simply don't enjoy assuming a dev is a scamming asshole when there's way too many unknowns in the equation.
That's your prerogative. You can give him the benefit of the doubt if you want to, but I've seen too many game devs who flake and take advantage of their supporters to do so.

Ragnafia

Apr 4, 2022
Yeah... I want the game to be friendly to low-end laptops and mobile so total file size is definitely in my radar.

That said, people have told me that modern games 5gb+ is just normal nowadays, apparently. Not on my PC, I only have 20GB memory left and need to purge often because of the high cost of doing 3D :(

So yeah hopefully we'll keep the game as small as possible. I compress audio+images as much as possible to keep size low.
Please add android port :') I really want to play from all previous breeding game this one seems very good

kekpuker

Sep 21, 2020
I'd say that isn't always true. Many a person on this websites are basically using witchcraft to massively reduce sizes, like some 2.2Gb games going down to a baffling 150Mb archive. And yet, the games work perfectly.
But outside of compression, there's also the fact that some dev seem to think everyone has humongus monitors and rigs capable of handling resolutions of about 6000 by 4000 or some shit, because their renders are absurdly big for no reason making each one like 200Mb...
You are right I forgot to clarify that my criteria works only for 3D games since they're the most resource hungry and most sensitive to atlas batching and texture compression formats. RenPy compressed games don't suffer from bad optimization that much ;)

nnjagnga333

Jul 4, 2019
If your game instantly dies when a single employee leaves, you should probably try being a better boss. I hope that these devs at least learned that much from the whole disaster.
The guy started on an obscure forum making the shit in flash for free with his own crappy art, and was convinced into making it into a big-ass project. Of course he had no idea what he was doing. The artist hopped on something popular and then deliberately fucked it over after slowballing art assets that made the dev slow to a crawl compared to what it was before. He took advantage of H-bomb's naivety.

MeLovely Games

Creating Mating Season
Game Developer
Sep 29, 2021
Please add android port :') I really want to play from all previous breeding game this one seems very good
You'll probably have to wait until v0.2 at least - it takes a lot to compress 3d games to mobile-size.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
You are right I forgot to clarify that my criteria works only for 3D games since they're the most resource hungry and most sensitive to atlas batching and texture compression formats. RenPy compressed games don't suffer from bad optimization that much ;)
My argument kinda works too on 3D games tho, if you take texture files into account. Some devs go way to hard on making them huge like their game is some photorealistic shit needing you to see every detail while you never even get to see that close up anyway...

Dargondo

Mar 3, 2018
Huh, wasn't expecting to see Breeding Season again, kinda just resigned myself to Breeders of the Nephelym as being the spiritual successor.
Hopefully this doesn't get stuck in the same development hell and drama that BS got itself into and actually comes to a conclusion at some point.

3.10 star(s) 18 Votes