MeLovely Games

Creating Mating Season
Game Developer
Sep 29, 2021
CM is the very textbook definition of games that looks great on their concept, features description at the store page, and promotional visual materials and then falls flat at actually meeting the expectations

But if their target since initial conception is to be a patron milking scheme, then all those barebone features hiding behind a meticulously-crafted facade actually does their job really well, think of it like a trap hole inside a house made of cookies
I mean I really don't think they intended it to be patron milking scheme, although they accused H-bomb of doing that...

pls dont let this abandoned
I'm going to work on player level up system tomorrow :p

Reactions: AlexTorch and Daioh

benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
I mean I really don't think they intended it to be patron milking scheme, although they accused H-bomb of doing that...

I'm going to work on player level up system tomorrow :p
They haven't added any new HD animations in years even though the roadmap says "and counting". The old roadmap actually said HD animations were finished but they removed that for some reason, totally not misleading. When asked about it they say they can't afford to pay "industry standard" even though they're making four times as much as when they were actually getting work done. Really activates my almonds :unsure:

kinto

Jun 29, 2018
As one of the long time play testers of Breeding Season and someone that spent way too much time on finding optimal strategies for "beating the game" that invariably ended up being some kind of derp farming; I can say that you can absolutely avoid derp farming being the optimal strategy or even a viable suboptimal strategy in general.

Basic problem of the structure of inheritance that Breeding Season and Breeders or Nephelym and Portals of Phereon have is that they don't properly implement recessive inheritance patterns. In the real world, the major problem with severe inbreeding is that it concentrates recessive genes into the progeny and homogenizes the genetic pool which results in propagation of genetic diseases across successive generations. Lowers fertility or impacts survivability or decreases viability of pregnancies (resulting typically in miscarriages).

Even without the incest consideration, it would be a good idea for game play reasons to implement recessive traits (positive, negative, and neutral recessive traits) such that in general inbreeding between monsters with recessive traits would be discouraged and suboptimal, and some of the other wise game breaking traits can be strictly recessive traits which would make their acquisition and retention across generations harder.

A basic example of a recessive trait would be say a "Sterile" genetic trait which doesn't become active if only one copy is inherited both parents, but becomes active if two copies of the same trait are inherited one from each parent. This creates classes of characters that are carriers without expression, are carriers and express the effects of the trait, and characters that neither carry nor express the trait.

While I'm on the topic, consider the possibility that some monsters might require or benefit from more than one other mate; one-on-one should obviously be basic, but there is opportunity to develop different reproductive game mechanics inspired by real world reproductive biology. One example might be like ants or bees, or like in some reptiles.

maybe a partial sterility, 30-50% less chance of breeding (just one parent trait) and full sterile (both parents had the trait), idk just a thought

MeLovely Games

Creating Mating Season
Game Developer
Sep 29, 2021
I want to know how to limit the Fps of the game?
It makes my NB fan spin like jet engine.
FPS is capped at 60 in [0.0.2] build.

They haven't added any new HD animations in years even though the roadmap says "and counting". The old roadmap actually said HD animations were finished but they removed that for some reason, totally not misleading. When asked about it they say they can't afford to pay "industry standard" even though they're making four times as much as when they were actually getting work done. Really activates my almonds :unsure:
:ROFLMAO: tbh I like dungeon crawling games and I'd be satisfied with a normal dungeon-battle-NPC teammates thingie if it were fulfilling.

But.... well, no. Feels like there's no progression anyway other than going deeper in the dungeon.

Oh well.

Deleted member 81569

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2017
View attachment 1940077

As a former patron of Breeding Season, I finally have the opportunity to use this meme.
Same...
A couple of months before the end i even defended BS development for a time because the changes they did in the animation system indeed made it easier to add animations to the game(they supposedly started milking when they changed the animation system)

With that said it was an odd position for them, even ignoring the Purple move.

While i still dont think the entire team had bad faith, i used to watch one of the animators streams on picarto tv, they simply had such a massive problem with animation feature creep that wasnt funny. Also they did not have a way to really move forward.

They had custom animations for every combination of race, gender,loli/nonloli and bestial traits. Adding a new race would increase laughably the work that animators needed... AND it did feel like H-Bomb did not know where to take the game, the last events were really out of what the game was supposed to be at start.

maybe a partial sterility, 30-50% less chance of breeding (just one parent trait) and full sterile (both parents had the trait), idk just a thought
The issue with these fixes is how fast someone can "pull the lever". 50% of chance to infertility still being outweighed by advantage of inbreeding 2 childs with with all the traits you want.

The only way i see to stop inbreeding is having some kinda of boobytrap where it activates X generations down the line and absolutely brick the entire treeline down from where it was planted.

Thats the only way i see people ACTIVALY trying not to inbreed their main breeding lines, the risk of wasting such a long time without knowing to have a bricked breeding line 3~4 generations down the line and having to go back 3~4 generations, so hours worth, to fix it.

PS: Think about it as a "level of derpiness" that goes up each generation. In the first Inbreed the next generation has 10% of chance to generate a derp if you inbreed again or has a new generation with another non 0 derpiness, this increase. And it only can increases each generation.

Thats a quick idea, probably i could come up with something better, but general idea is: if the "issue" of inbreeding is shown to the player as soon as it happens, read smaller fertility and/or instant derpness it doesnt matter because as long as he pushed past this "filter" a new generation is a new generation, its not a problem that keeps pilling up, and even worse, without the player knowing. So its simply if the player was lucky or unlucky in that specific inbreeding.

Last edited:

primeumaton

May 4, 2017
No idea why but this game wants to use my portrait monitor in fullscreen, making it unplayable. Not sure how to change that since literally no other game opens there.
I'm not bothering to see if this was answered, but: Alt + Enter my dude.

fenix140

Sep 13, 2017
The game has a lot of potential in the 3D concept, the detail is that perhaps the graphic quality should be lowered, because maybe it can even enter XD mobiles, but good.
The idea far exceeds that of H-Bomb, and I see that many in the forum have models that could be used for your project of all kinds and the ease of building the game would be faster. Above all I saw effects of the anatomy of the hole and the penis XD. (With that the game would be complete lol), the positions would be more Sims 4 style hahaha. A doubt? Will they all be pseudo-human style, or will there also be (cough furry)?, because the current style is very good you could also have different body types, like slim, toned, muscular. Even from children to adults as a mechanic. Well, in 3D it's easier to do it, but it takes a lot of time.

I got carried away by my ideas, but what was the game about, if it complies with what you say from the beginning, good luck with your project, take your time.

Greetings...

MrBlue42

Nov 7, 2017
Awesome to see another game trying to fill the Breeding Season shaped hole in our hearts. So far none of the spiritual successors I've tried worked for me. Would be awesome, if this game also implemented the feral and neoteny traits from BS at some point. Loved those breeding animations ...
Best of luck with the project!

Reactions: MeLovely Games

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
Well, time to spend the next few years watching the curse take hold.
Or not...maybe this one can break the curse and be a great game, we cannot say that it will fail like all the others since still in the first tech demo. Yeah, there is a lot of pressure from everyone (since almost every single that try this kind of game failed), but who knows, maybe the dev can make a great game. I know that hope is the first step on the road to disappointment, but maybe i can be completely wrong.

3.10 star(s) 18 Votes