4.50 star(s) 129 Votes

Deleted member 24507

Well-Known Member Amateur Artist 3D
Donor
May 5, 2017
View attachment 1465022

As I said before, I'm not criticizing the DEV, just showing the development statistics!

If it continues at the same weekly pace, maybe it will be released in approximately 2 and a half months to 3 months...

He currently has 206 patrons, I don't know the size of his team, but surely with more support he might be able to get a better team or equipment so that updates are faster!

MMC update.jpg

Deleted member 24507

Donor
May 5, 2017
The more supporters, the slower the update.
I don't think this way! But yes It all depends on the character of people, the account is simple!

The bigger the incentive, the bigger the team and the better working tools, I'll give you an example, I usually do some Fan Arts, do you know how long it takes to render an image in FullHD or 4K?

on a regular computer like mine:
i5-7400 3.0Ghz
HD - SSD PLUS 480Gb
24Gb RAM
Ordinary HD - 1 Terabyte
NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 - 6GB

a scene with 02 people and the scenery can take up to 2 hours to render, this adds up to the time to assemble the scene, positioning and expressions of the characters, choosing the best angles for the cameras and worst of all the adequate lighting for the scene.

Before criticizing and discrediting people, we must offer help in whatever way possible for each person, whether financially or supporting them with words or marketing!

Before they think I'm getting something from the DEV, let me say no! I'm just saying what I think, because I'm trying to put together a 3D HQ and I see how difficult it is to do everything and if someone later sees and still says I'm trying to deceive them in some way to take advantage or money, I would definitely be very unmotivated!

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
I don't think this way! But yes It all depends on the character of people, the account is simple!

The bigger the incentive, the bigger the team and the better working tools, I'll give you an example, I usually do some Fan Arts, do you know how long it takes to render an image in FullHD or 4K?

i5-7400 3.0Ghz
HD - SSD PLUS 480Gb
24Gb RAM
Ordinary HD - 1 Terabyte

a scene with 02 people and the scenery can take up to 2 hours to render, this adds up to the time to assemble the scene, positioning and expressions of the characters, choosing the best angles for the cameras and worst of all the adequate lighting for the scene.

Before criticizing and discrediting people, we must offer help in whatever way possible for each person, whether financially or supporting them with words or marketing!

Before they think I'm getting something from the DEV, let me say no! I'm just saying what I think, because I'm trying to put together a 3D HQ and I see how difficult it is to do everything and if someone later sees and still says I'm trying to deceive them in some way to take advantage or money, I would definitely be very unmotivated!
I take your word for it, but there are games that are updated every two months max 3.
Waiting beyond this period discourages many users to follow a game consistently which certainly triggers economic damage.
However, I have faith in these devs and I think it is premature to be alarmed.
For what the devs have stated in some previous posts, it looks like this update will come out with a lot content and that subsequent ones will be shorter, if so, I think it's worth the wait.

I don't think dev, as they have worked so far, can be discuraged but rather surprise us.

We'll see ....

Deleted member 24507

Donor
May 5, 2017
I take your word for it, but there are games that are updated every two months max 3.
Waiting beyond this period discourages many users to follow a game consistently which certainly triggers economic damage.
For what the devs have stated in some previous posts, it looks like this update will come out with a lot content and that subsequent ones will be shorter, if so, I think it's worth the wait.

I don't think dev, as they have worked so far, can be discuraged but rather surprise us.

We'll see ....
I agree with you, depending on how the story is being told, there really is no way to put a few scenes and dialogs just to make the update faster, if they do, it could end up running over the story and losing the fun and mystery of the game!

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017

i5-7400 3.0Ghz
HD - SSD PLUS 480Gb
24Gb RAM
Ordinary HD - 1 Terabyte

Ouch.
I have to agree with you on the rendering as I do Fan art myself and I had used a 1070 and yes it can take a hell of a long time depending on all the things that you mentioned.

Asmodeus_

Creator of Neuvau
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2020

We'll see ....
Thank you for your kind words! :love:

Let me give you some insight so that anyone interested can understand what's going on behind the scenes. As I've mentioned in previous posts, me and Suzinak are trying constantly to find ways to improve our creative output.

In the past few months we've tried a mix of ways to work. In some cases we created the renders first and the story was written around the renders (eg. CH1 and CH2 was done completely like that). In some other cases we created the detailed storyline first, and the renders were created afterwards to match that (eg. most scenes of CH3, and all scenes of CH4 are being worked like that).

In the "renders first" approach, we had creative freedom for the rendering process, but it limited the story telling. Each time a render was added or came out different, then we had to rework the direction of the story. And you can imagine with a complex storyline, this is more difficult that writing a few dialogs. Several "subtle" things needed to be conveyed to the player in another way.

In the "story first" approach, the rendering process was more difficult because we had to replicate every detail of the storyline. Also some scenes were either difficult to render in terms of positioning, or the scene was creating collisions between the characters and/or objects, or the lighting of the scene needed tuning to bring up the quality of the scene. This brought out a lot of new challenges.

We can understand that people are anxious to see the next chapter and we're working hard on it. I wanted to share also that from CH5, we're going to combine both approaches. We're going to develop the story and renders in parallel, giving priority to the rendering process since re-writing a scene is faster than re-rendering a whole scene. But that will take effect from CH5 onwards.

For now, we know that CH4 is ambitious in terms of scenes and complexity, so the rendering has a lot more effort. We understand that the timelines between releases is not what we want to continue with. We want to target more frequent releases, but we had already created CH4 (as ambitious as it is) and we want to deliver our complete vision. We do not want to compromise and either release with a sup-par quality, nor we want to cut scenes or parts of it to make the release sooner.

We know it's worth it and we're working hard so that you can experience it soon :giggle:

TL;DR
The CH4 update is big and it takes time.
We're improving our process to make future releases more frequent.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Thank you for your kind words! :love:

Let me give you some insight so that anyone interested can understand what's going on behind the scenes. As I've mentioned in previous posts, me and Suzinak are trying constantly to find ways to improve our creative output.

In the past few months we've tried a mix of ways to work. In some cases we created the renders first and the story was written around the renders (eg. CH1 and CH2 was done completely like that). In some other cases we created the detailed storyline first, and the renders were created afterwards to match that (eg. most scenes of CH3, and all scenes of CH4 are being worked like that).

In the "renders first" approach, we had creative freedom for the rendering process, but it limited the story telling. Each time a render was added or came out different, then we had to rework the direction of the story. And you can imagine with a complex storyline, this is more difficult that writing a few dialogs. Several "subtle" things needed to be conveyed to the player in another way.

In the "story first" approach, the rendering process was more difficult because we had to replicate every detail of the storyline. Also some scenes were either difficult to render in terms of positioning, or the scene was creating collisions between the characters and/or objects, or the lighting of the scene needed tuning to bring up the quality of the scene. This brought out a lot of new challenges.

We can understand that people are anxious to see the next chapter and we're working hard on it. I wanted to share also that from CH5, we're going to combine both approaches. We're going to develop the story and renders in parallel, giving priority to the rendering process since re-writing a scene is faster than re-rendering a whole scene. But that will take effect from CH5 onwards.

For now, we know that CH4 is ambitious in terms of scenes and complexity, so the rendering has a lot more effort. We understand that the timelines between releases is not what we want to continue with. We want to target more frequent releases, but we had already created CH4 (as ambitious as it is) and we want to deliver our complete vision. We do not want to compromise and either release with a sup-par quality, nor we want to cut scenes or parts of it to make the release sooner.

We know it's worth it and we're working hard so that you can experience it soon :giggle:

TL;DR
The CH4 update is big and it takes time.
We're improving our process to make future releases more frequent.
Find balance between time and quality is the most important, i think. And this balance has to be something that you, the devs, are satisfied either with the quality made and time taking. If you feel good with the result of your work and with the time that was taken for this result, that's the most important thing. More support will come with time as long you keeping working and improving yourselfs. Don't feel pressure and good lucky. Sorry for the bad english.

byskup

Apr 26, 2017

i5-7400 3.0Ghz
HD - SSD PLUS 480Gb
24Gb RAM
Ordinary HD - 1 Terabyte

You have really old rig. Your CPU is 4 generations behind and its even i5 which is lower tier. 1060 and even without Ti is old like 4 years? You try to pump up the compute power with RAM but you will hit a bottleneck with CPU.
So the times you wrote are 4 years old

Deleted member 24507

Donor
May 5, 2017
You have really old rig. Your CPU is 4 generations behind and its even i5 which is lower tier. 1060 and even without Ti is old like 4 years? You try to pump up the compute power with RAM but you will hit a bottleneck with CPU.
So the times you wrote are 4 years old
yes, it was like I said, my computer is weak and old I set it up in 2018/2019, I live in Brazil, here 1 dollar is equal to R$5.54 Brazilian currency, an average video card RTX3060 costs practically more than 2 months of my salary, so it's difficult to do it for here.... hahahahaha
Sem título.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: lipe2410
4.50 star(s) 129 Votes