GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
Actually the problem with the story is that he has been training to use his powers, but the story does not really flesh that out well.. to us it's next day in game or just a few days training with that red skinned woman when in actuality it has probably been months. Proper wording/phrasing could of made this show that to be the case.. Like when he is finishing up his training scene it could of stated after many months of training I finally up to a par that she is satisfied with. Anything to indicate that time passed would of been better... Even months of searching for the <target (forget name of the enemy ship they were looking for)> they have finally tracked it down to sector <so and so>.

This is really the major problem I see with the story is the sense of time is never described. Do you really think even on a ship they could locate the enemy within a week? Do you think they could pilot to the enemy than within a week also? The description in time is missing and making it feel more disjointed.

The problem is the time is implied in the game but since you do events in days the implied time does not match the description. Two methods could be used to resolve this. First is to go back and write in implied time into the story after the fact or the second that would be the easiest is to change the events to say weeks and not days.. that way if the event takes 7 days from current time it would actually be 7 weeks. It would put that implied time into the story that makes it more believable since it was not originally written in.
Was it months?
The way the scene played out, it made it look like it was his first sparing season with the other girl and was instantly powerful and in the later scene was full on badass against the aliens.
Even if the text was adjusted to it looking like it was months, it would still be kind of jarring.

At least two scenes would be good in the training, like one where he losses and another where he unlocks his powers to make a decent amount of sense.

Reactions: Cernunnos.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Was it months?
The way the scene played out, it made it look like it was his first sparing season with the other girl and was instantly powerful and in the later scene was full on badass against the aliens.
Even if the text was adjusted to it looking like it was months, it would still be kind of jarring.

At least two scenes would be good in the training, like one where he losses and another where he unlocks his powers to make a decent amount of sense.
That is why I stated it's implied. You have to look at the few ways they speak and talk. Very subtle a bit too subtle I caught on to this in the story because I use to do nothing but read books when I was younger.. I have read hundreds of novels good and bad and this is a decent story amateurish yes so too subtle.

It is hard to write like months gone by when you have daily events. You can either bore the user to death having them do 30 days of nothing or do events as day events. So the only possible way to even semi pull this off would of been in the writing of the event. You have not been back to the ship in about a month let's talk to everyone and see what has transpired.. Something to that effect is the ONLY way it could be done. Lines written out like this would of helped alot.. like to the effect of Our scouts after a couple of months has finally located the enemy now we have to plan for the attack. It will take us <insert time here> to reach the enemy make sure to get prepared for the oncoming battle.

Think Star Trek you watched a one hour episode but you had a sense of a lot of time had transpired.. Stupid things like the soonest we can get there is a week Kirk.. Make it 5 days Jim! Do you really think them stupid lines were said for no reason much of the time? It was to put in the sense of how long they been traveling so you got the sense of a week passing in a 1 hour episode.

Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
Lol I appreciate the thought you lads are putting into timeframes and powers and lack of build up and whatnot. But uhh, It's a little too much thought.
The game is a waffle. I just wanna do cool shit, slay your enemies and hear the moans of their women and make anime tiddies bounce.

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
Lol I appreciate the thought you lads are putting into timeframes and powers and lack of build up and whatnot. But uhh, It's a little too much thought.
The game is a waffle. I just wanna do cool shit, slay your enemies and hear the moans of their women and make anime tiddies bounce.
Aw, come on....you got good character designs, good animations and the general idea has great potential...
This feels kinda......wasteful.

Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
Aw, come on....you got good character designs, good animations and the general idea has great potential...
This feels kinda......wasteful.
Aww don be sad lad. There is no time limit on this. Just something I'm doing for fun. Just got/hired on a private uploader so I can start reworking Chapter one whenever I feel like it.
You finished the game yet? If you haven't even gotten to Chapter two and you're talking to me about waste then I don't know what to tell you. Just enjoy the comfy moments, the lewds, and the waffleage. But at least see all the waffle before you continue to remain a specter ITT complaining about a story you haven't finished.

blackmasha

Jun 21, 2018
Honestly that's why I gave up on it. Game starts with no real explanation and goes directly into multiple sex scenes with no information, build up, or context. I like lewd scenes as much as anyone but I'd like there to be a coherent story holding them together...
you have a cat and a robot maids to service and protect you, what more of an explanation do you need? the only thing lacking so far is sharing, because there is only so much you can do with a single penis :unsure:

this game is probably the number 2 or 3 best on the entire site. it has the best and most interesting character models, the animations are smooth and it has lots of H content, which is very important for a game on this site. you want a story? go check out a game called "out of touch", it has the best visuals of any game ever made with that engine. insane amount of plot, and zero H scenes. you will basically be playing hours and hours of gameplay with nothing going on but a slice of life anime style game.

you should thank god for this game and hope that we get as much content as possible.

blackmasha

Jun 21, 2018
Strongly disagree. Adding additional penises ruins games for me.
but it makes them better for me.

you see how that goes? 10% of people on this site are like religious about anti sharing. apparently sharing is not caring, but a sin, and even the slightlest offense to the mighty ego of these people is "ban this game!! kill everyone!! may god have mercy on their souls!!!"

having only one penis limits both story and H content (heavily). I am however not hateful, I respect the author wishes and can only hope that he may one day remove this nonsense block to story and animations, or at the very least add them but allow players like you to avoid them.

I don't like pissing but I won't avoid an entire game because a few scenes have pissing in them, just saying... if it "ruins games" for you, because your harem is sometimes shared with another imaginary character.. well my friend, I think there is something else going on and it's not really the game. I ofc heavily respect you and your likes and dislikes and will not judge you. if you enjoy the game as it is then all the better.

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017

you see how that goes? 10% of people on this site are like religious about anti sharing. apparently sharing is not caring, but a sin, and even the slightlest offense to the mighty ego of these people is "ban this game!! kill everyone!! may god have mercy on their souls!!!"

having only one penis limits both story and H content (heavily). I am however not hateful, I respect the author wishes and can only hope that he may one day remove this nonsense block to story and animations, or at the very least add them but allow players like you to avoid them.

I don't like pissing but I won't avoid an entire game because a few scenes have pissing in them, just saying... if it "ruins games" for you, because your harem is sometimes shared with another imaginary character.. well my friend, I think there is something else going on and it's not really the game. I ofc heavily respect you and your likes and dislikes and will not judge you. if you enjoy the game as it is then all the better.
Bruh stop trying to start shit.......
...if u wanna shitpost go to the off-topic forum......

blackmasha

Jun 21, 2018
Bruh stop trying to start shit.......
...if u wanna shitpost go to the off-topic forum......
oh you are right, I remember what happened before, it does seem like I am starting another spam about a subject that made a lot of people angry. I will stop this here for the sake of us all (y)

I will however disagree about the "shitpost" description, I think sharing opinions is fine as long as it is respectful both ways. yet you are still correct, better to avoid this conversation because we've been there, done that.

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020

There are already multiple penises, there called strap ons.
Also, one negative thing can indeed ruin the whole cake for ya.
I for one don't like mind control games and that made me dislike another koikatsu game with it.

To me it's worse then any piss scene.

The best example iI can give....is pineapple pizza.
Pizza itself iis a holy god send.
Pineapple pizza on the other hand is an unholy abomination that makes you question humanity.

Like seriously?! Who puts them on a pizza?!
How can one ruin something so good?

blackmasha

Jun 21, 2018
There are already multiple penises, there called strap ons.
Also, one negative thing can indeed ruin the whole cake for ya.
I for one don't like mind control games and that made me dislike another koikatsu game with it.

To me it's worse then any piss scene.

The best example iI can give....is pineapple pizza.
Pizza itself iis a holy god send.
Pineapple pizza on the other hand is an unholy abomination that makes you question humanity.

Like seriously?! Who puts them on a pizza?!
How can one ruin something so good?
Joe Rogan had a great joke about people who compere strap ons to a real penis, go check it out, you will love it.

what other Koikatsu game?

I love Pineapple on my Pizza, but it has to come with another sauce, if you put Pineapple on the base red sauce (after you add the cheese ofc) it will conflict with each other.

Misha43

May 8, 2018
You truly are a true chad dev, respect

• Red Heart
Reactions: Cokane0
4.30 star(s) 43 Votes