Comics Collection Melissa N. Collection [2024-06-23] [Melissa N.]

Caroline99

Dec 2, 2023
Sorry to place a comment not related to the thread, but I wanted to know if there if a Cblack and TgTrinity thread already.

LadyBoyJay

Jun 12, 2017
Sorry to place a comment not related to the thread, but I wanted to know if there if a Cblack and TgTrinity thread already.
CBlack has one that needs to be updated and renamed as a collection.
https://f95zone.to/threads/opportunities-cblack.7090/

Sneak peak for the next part of Aphrodite's Mirror. It looks so much better without that "flashback" filter.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

FYI, for anyone looking for another MTF AP mystery story, take a look at Heads Up!

Elaine.

Dec 5, 2023
If you can look past the impossibility or the implausibility of a head transplant the story has possibilities of how the person deals with the situation of being stuck in the body of a middle aged woman in Heads Up. It will be interesting to see how it develops

Reactions: LadyBoyJay

misseva88

Jul 5, 2017
Opening post is updated. I added the following:

MelissaN - A K-Pop Idol (December 2023).pdf
MelissaN - A K-Pop Idol - Chapter 8, Part 1.rar
MelissaN - Aphrodite's Mirror (December 2023).pdf
MelissaN - Aphrodite's Mirror - Chapter 21, Part 5.rar

Since the full PDF for the month December is uploaded, I've removed the November ones for Mirror and K-Pop Idol. If there are people mainly interested in the image files over the official PDF files, please let me know for I'm considering removing the image files for the story that's covered in the December PDF files, just to save some space in my Mediafire account.

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
If there are people mainly interested in the image files over the official PDF files, please let me know for I'm considering removing the image files for the story that's covered in the December PDF files, just to save some space in my Mediafire account.
In this particular case it doesn't matter to me since I'm getting the PNGs from Patreon, but personally I hate having comics in mixed format (PDF and PNG), which is what you'll end up with if you remove the old PNGs and continue adding new PNGs. Just something to consider. That being said, you're the one who has taken on the burden of maintaining the host account, so you do whatever works best for you.

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
Opening post is updated. I added the following:

MelissaN - A K-Pop Idol (December 2023).pdf
MelissaN - A K-Pop Idol - Chapter 8, Part 1.rar
MelissaN - Aphrodite's Mirror (December 2023).pdf
MelissaN - Aphrodite's Mirror - Chapter 21, Part 5.rar

Since the full PDF for the month December is uploaded, I've removed the November ones for Mirror and K-Pop Idol. If there are people mainly interested in the image files over the official PDF files, please let me know for I'm considering removing the image files for the story that's covered in the December PDF files, just to save some space in my Mediafire account.
Personally, I prefer having the image files as that's generally going to be the highest quality format, and I can always convert them to pdf myself if I really wanted a pdf version. But, as Thalantyr said, beggar's can't be choosers and if it's inconvenient for you than I'm not gonna make a fuss.

misseva88

Jul 5, 2017
In this particular case it doesn't matter to me since I'm getting the PNGs from Patreon, but personally I hate having comics in mixed format (PDF and PNG), which is what you'll end up with if you remove the old PNGs and continue adding new PNGs. Just something to consider. That being said, you're the one who has taken on the burden of maintaining the host account, so you do whatever works best for you.
Personally, I prefer having the image files as that's generally going to be the highest quality format, and I can always convert them to pdf myself if I really wanted a pdf version. But, as Thalantyr said, beggar's can't be choosers and if it's inconvenient for you than I'm not gonna make a fuss.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll continue hosting the .rar files with the individual pictures.

What's interesting about hosting files on Mediafire is I can see how many times each individual file is downloaded and the PDF files for the two stories score two to three times as many downloads as any of the other Melissa stories, also getting downloaded a lot more than, say, part 1 and 2 of Chapter 21 for Mirror.

But if there are two different kind of audiences it's not a problem to keep them hosted. At least not for now, who knows what'll happen when the files get bigger.

What did you two make of the last update for Aphrodite's Mirror? Elena knows about James and calls him Marina's husband, whereas she still thinks of Elena (Andrew) as her husband. So what's going on with Marina's marriage life there? Is her marrying an other man (or at least that's the information Elena seems to have) part of the reason he wants Marina to call him by the female name? Or is it only for fear of the bald guy he doesn't know the name of?

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
What did you two make of the last update for Aphrodite's Mirror? Elena knows about James and calls him Marina's husband, whereas she still thinks of Elena (Andrew) as her husband. So what's going on with Marina's marriage life there? Is her marrying an other man (or at least that's the information Elena seems to have) part of the reason he wants Marina to call him by the female name? Or is it only for fear of the bald guy he doesn't know the name of?
I really don't know what to make of Andrew referring to James as Marina's husband and asking her if she loves him. I had previously assumed that Marina and James just pretended to be married to get Gjoka to fuck off. You'd think that Andrew would make the same assumption. The fact that he immediately jumps to "do you love him?" hints at much deeper problems in their marriage that we don't know about yet. She was only on Crete for a few days, how is she going to fall in love with someone she just met? Or does Andrew suspect that she's known James for longer than they've been in Greece? Does he know something we don't?

LadyBoyJay

Jun 12, 2017
Total guess on my part but I don't think Marina is in love with James...at least not yet. I don't think he was just in the right place at the right time to meet her and be her rescuer. I wouldn't find it very realistic for a normal person to want to get involved in a situation like this if Marina told him the truth about everything. Nor do I see Marina as the type of person who would deceive an innocent person and risk sacrificing them to save herself and Andrew. Personally, if I was writing the story, I would have James as either a CIA or Interpol agent. An undercover agent who was checking out the new associates of Mr. Toska would be a plausible storyline. As a writer, it would also add some bonus juicy drama options such as James starting to fall in love with the woman he is protecting, etc.

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
Total guess on my part but I don't think Marina is in love with James...at least not yet. I don't think he was just in the right place at the right time to meet her and be her rescuer. I wouldn't find it very realistic for a normal person to want to get involved in a situation like this if Marina told him the truth about everything. Nor do I see Marina as the type of person who would deceive an innocent person and risk sacrificing them to save herself and Andrew. Personally, if I was writing the story, I would have James as either a CIA or Interpol agent. An undercover agent who was checking out the new associates of Mr. Toska would be a plausible storyline. As a writer, it would also add some bonus juicy drama options such as James starting to fall in love with the woman he is protecting, etc.
Ooh, that'd be a neat twist. Not that we really need more twists, but still! :D

But regarding your skepticism about James just being a chance encounter, the scenario I had proposed in the old 8muses thread is something that happens in real life all the time. Creep is harassing girl at a bar, handsome stranger asks to buy girl a drink, girl asks handsome stranger for help getting rid of creep, handsome stranger is more than willing to do so since it scores him points with girl. Afterward, I had hypothesized that Marina, being disenchanted with her current marriage, flirts with James and possibly sleeps with him. Either way, he learns enough about her that he's able to track her down once he finds out what he accidentally has gotten himself into.

Last edited:

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
Thanks for the feedback, I'll continue hosting the .rar files with the individual pictures.

What's interesting about hosting files on Mediafire is I can see how many times each individual file is downloaded and the PDF files for the two stories score two to three times as many downloads as any of the other Melissa stories, also getting downloaded a lot more than, say, part 1 and 2 of Chapter 21 for Mirror.

But if there are two different kind of audiences it's not a problem to keep them hosted. At least not for now, who knows what'll happen when the files get bigger.

I'm not necessarily surprised that people are downloading the PDFs more: I bet there's people that want it "complete", but aren't interested/impatient enough to want to follow each individual part. Also, I know there's people that primarily use their phones to read this content and are clueless on how to unpack files, lol.

I'm gonna be a pessimist here and say that I think it's a misdirect to end the part on a cliffhanger. Andrew is jumping to conclusions saying "Do you love him?" and referring to James as Marina's husband. Marina is shocked about "Do you know about James?", because it should be surprising that Andrew would know about that chance encounter. Especially considering "Elena" has been full time preoccupied with other things. I imagine the next scene will be Marina tearfully/angrily retorting with "How can you ask me that? You think I'm in love with another man?" or something to that effect.

If instead we find out she actually is or has been cheating on Andrew... Honestly, I'd just be completely lost as to everyone motivations at this point.

I don't really have an opinion of James' actual motivations/backstory yet. I tend to agree that he's not a rando. But I'm not a huge fan of the idea of adding another faction, just because I think our core cast is already underdeveloped and before layering additional conflicting motivations, we really ought to have a better grasp on our casts motivations so that we can actually understand their interplay.

LadyBoyJay

Jun 12, 2017
Ooh, that'd be a neat twist. Not that we really need more twists, but still! :D

But regarding your skepticism about James just being a chance encounter, the scenario I had proposed in the old 8muses thread is something that happens in real life all the time. Creep is harassing girl at a bar, handsome stranger asks to buy girl a drink, girl asks handsome stranger for help getting rid of creep, handsome stranger is more than willing to do so since it scores him points with girl. Afterward, I had hypothesized that Marina, being disenchanted with her current marriage, flirts with James and possibly sleeps with him. Either way, he learns enough about her that he's able to track her down once he finds out what he accidentally has gotten himself into.
I could see a guy easily falling in love with Marina but if she was honest with him about her situation and the fact that her husband is masquerading around as her aunt... that would probably deter a normal person from anything but a one night stand type of relationship. James would need strong motivation (job, money, etc) to get more deeply involved.

I'm gonna be a pessimist here and say that I think it's a misdirect to end the part on a cliffhanger. Andrew is jumping to conclusions saying "Do you love him?" and referring to James as Marina's husband. Marina is shocked about "Do you know about James?", because it should be surprising that Andrew would know about that chance encounter. Especially considering "Elena" has been full time preoccupied with other things. I imagine the next scene will be Marina tearfully/angrily retorting with "How can you ask me that? You think I'm in love with another man?" or something to that effect.

If instead we find out she actually is or has been cheating on Andrew... Honestly, I'd just be completely lost as to everyone motivations at this point.

I don't really have an opinion of James' actual motivations/backstory yet. I tend to agree that he's not a rando. But I'm not a huge fan of the idea of adding another faction, just because I think our core cast is already underdeveloped and before layering additional conflicting motivations, we really ought to have a better grasp on our casts motivations so that we can actually understand their interplay.
I agree that Andrew/Elena is feeling betrayed and isn't in a very trustworthy mood. Very understandable given the situation. I totally agree about so much of the cast being underdeveloped. It feels frustrating trying to psychoanalyze some cardboard cutouts. The story is past the half way point, possibly into the third act. Yet, I have no idea who is good or bad. No idea about the goals or motivations of most of the characters.

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
I could see a guy easily falling in love with Marina but if she was honest with him about her situation and the fact that her husband is masquerading around as her aunt... that would probably deter a normal person from anything but a one night stand type of relationship. James would need strong motivation (job, money, etc) to get more deeply involved.
In my scenario, Marina doesn't tell James anything until after he tracks her down on the mainland (right before Elena goes in to see the doctor). At the bar on Crete, he's just helping out a girl he's interested in, they have casual conversation, and maybe a one night stand. Later, maybe he notices Gjoka is following him now. Maybe Gjoka or Toska threatens him, or maybe he learns who Gjoka is some other way like recognizing him on the news. It's at that point that he realizes that Marina has gotten him involved in some shit and he tracks her down to find out exactly what is going on. After talking to Marina, he agrees that it's in everyone's best interest that he continue pretending to be Marina's husband in order to fool Toska.

But that's just a theory I proposed in the old thread. We'll probably find out one way or the other in the next update.

Alicia Mae

Dec 13, 2023
Yeah I think this is cliffhanger bait. Marina can’t be in love with James… yet.

I imagine once she hears Elena slept with Nikos, Marina will be happy to move their relationship to the next level though. Poor Marina needs some love after months of watching her husband transform into a full figured milf. I hope Melissa shows Marina fucking James, and reflecting how much better a real man is in bed.

Also no way are we getting a aunt/niece (husband/wife) lesbian scene. I fell for the cliffhanger lol.

Feb 8, 2022
I can't remember what I read at this point, but I thought in the dinner scene it was implied Marina and James had been masquerading as husband and wife for a while now or maybe just in a serious relationship. Maybe I am confused, but how would Marina forget about that and ask Elena how she knew about James?? If I go off my memory of events; to me it made sense that Elena would jump to this, as I expect everything in this story to be forced for the same things everyone is stating about this story.

Reactions: alienhead

Stevedore100

Dec 4, 2023
The simplest is that Andrew is just reacting, not without good reason, to Seferi's casual mention that Marina is on her honeymoon with James. I'm leaning towards that.

The idea that Marina previously knew James has some validity - it always seemed odd to me that Marina hops off to Crete in her honeymoon and ends up in a bar dressed to kill - had she actually organized her meeting with James already?

She does seem still very invested in Andrew and their marriage in this chapter, so I don't think she intends, at this point, to dump him for James.

Finally, there is going to be something, very soon, that is going to cause Andrew to forget/repress about this meeting, forget completely about James, almost completely forget about the bald guy, etc etc. it's almost like a two people in I've body thing, but, not really because there seems to be so much overlap - Andrew knows some things only Elena should know, but has these huge gaps.

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
In my scenario, Marina doesn't tell James anything until after he tracks her down on the mainland (right before Elena goes in to see the doctor). At the bar on Crete, he's just helping out a girl he's interested in, they have casual conversation, and maybe a one night stand. Later, maybe he notices Gjoka is following him now. Maybe Gjoka or Toska threatens him, or maybe he learns who Gjoka is some other way like recognizing him on the news. It's at that point that he realizes that Marina has gotten him involved in some shit and he tracks her down to find out exactly what is going on. After talking to Marina, he agrees that it's in everyone's best interest that he continue pretending to be Marina's husband in order to fool Toska.

But that's just a theory I proposed in the old thread. We'll probably find out one way or the other in the next update.
I think this is very valid. It also doesn't require James being told that Andrew is Elena. That's not really a necessary detail to tell him, just to have him cover as pretending to be "her husband".

Also, depends on how big the threat is. If Marina downplays it a bit, or lies about the organized crime aspect, it's possible James just thinks he's helping a hot girl avoid a creepy Ex or something. Never underestimate the trouble thinking with your dick can get a person into.

LadyBoyJay

Jun 12, 2017

That could be the story direction that Melissa goes with. Again, it is just a "silly story" according to Melissa but I'm going to analyze and theorize about it like one of my favorite TV shows. An ordinary guy found in a bar would need to be in just the right life/job/financial situation to get involved in this. Whether fully informed about the situation by Marina or not, if James isn't motivated by his job or money, he would have to really be a selfless hero to pretend to be Marina's husband or just a lovesick fool. He would have to be willing to put his real life on hold, either sacrifice his job or coincidentally have just the right job to allow him to do this, and have the disposable income to do this. The hints from the driver about him thinking that James is dangerous is also something that I am expecting a follow up to.

Reactions: alienhead

Stevedore100

Dec 4, 2023
I can't remember what I read at this point, but I thought in the dinner scene it was implied Marina and James had been masquerading as husband and wife for a while now or maybe just in a serious relationship. Maybe I am confused, but how would Marina forget about that and ask Elena how she knew about James?? If I go off my memory of events; to me it made sense that Elena would jump to this, as I expect everything in this story to be forced for the same things everyone is stating about this story.
That dinner happens after this, so Marina is not forgetting. It's Andrew/Elena who somehow forgets by the time of that dinner, which is a day or two in the future, that these hospital conversations happened.