Comics Collection Melissa N. Collection [2024-07-27] [Melissa N.]

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
Philip had fallen completely out of my mind lol. But you mentioning this alongside Marina sleeping with the inspector makes me wonder if Nikos and the family know the inspector from when that incident happened.
Probably?

GREECE1266.png

Time frame matches up. Inspector was around relatively recently. That said, Philip was apparently the one that got Elena in a car accident. Inspector seems too high a position to be following up on a car accident?

It's kinda weird though because had Melissa not explicitly ruled out mind control, to me, the events almost look like Philip was brainwashed into believing there was a car accident so that there was the appropriate cover story for why Elena was in the hospital for so long.

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
This doesn't contradict it, but it's worth noting, Marina has a much harder time consistently thinking of Elena as Elena prior to the dinner and Nikos' sex trip.
Having just posted one of these pages to prove a different point, I'm suddenly reminded of this sequence again:
ch20-1009.png ch20-1010.png ch20-1011.png

And then this:
ch21-1184.png

According to that dialogue, the method Elena character did not exist until after the hospital discharge when something traumatic happened to cause Andrew to lose his memories. So in the screenshots you posted of Marina having trouble calling him Elena, he's still fully Andrew at that point. That's the way he sees himself, and that's how Marina sees him. His physical body is irrelevant.

After the character was created, he seems to float in and out of the persona. Sometimes in internal thought bubbles he refers to Marina as his wife, sometimes his niece. When it's naked sexy fun time with Nikos, that's the point I'd say is fully she/her Elena. And based on the thought bubbles in the bath before the latest sex scene, it seems like she may have decided to stay that way for good going forward.

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
And based on the thought bubbles in the bath before the latest sex scene, it seems like she may have decided to stay that way for good going forward.
That's interesting, because considering that's immediately followed up with the same personality "punishing" Andrew, you could make the argument that some part of Andrew/Elena knows that this is the wrong decision (to stay as Elena, or at the very least, pretending that Andrew never existed).

Also, speaking of punishments:

GREECE1312.png

If that's an intentional parallel, then this scene actually has an interesting construction. The contrast is that Marina is pretending to be bad and needs punishment, but goes back to reality after the sex scene. Whereas Elena acts like everything is fine with sleeping with Nikos, and gets punished after the fact.

Stevedore100

Dec 4, 2023
That's interesting, because considering that's immediately followed up with the same personality "punishing" Andrew, you could make the argument that some part of Andrew/Elena knows that this is the wrong decision (to stay as Elena, or at the very least, pretending that Andrew never existed).

Also, speaking of punishments:

View attachment 3884145

If that's an intentional parallel, then this scene actually has an interesting construction. The contrast is that Marina is pretending to be bad and needs punishment, but goes back to reality after the sex scene. Whereas Elena acts like everything is fine with sleeping with Nikos, and gets punished after the fact.
This is a good observation.
What Andrew is being punished for by Aphrodite is confusing to me. During their first visit, Aphrodite chastised Andre for not accepting being Elena, that he asked for this, is in an unhappy marriage that he was "forced" into, and he should be happy being with Nikos and finding "true love" (I will also note that Aphrodite mentions that she can make people "desperately want you")
Now Andrew goes completely into the Elena character, and Aphrodite wants to punish him. I feel like their is some other issue going on here. I suppose the lost money explanation may help.

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
This is a good observation.
What Andrew is being punished for by Aphrodite is confusing to me. During their first visit, Aphrodite chastised Andre for not accepting being Elena, that he asked for this, is in an unhappy marriage that he was "forced" into, and he should be happy being with Nikos and finding "true love" (I will also note that Aphrodite mentions that she can make people "desperately want you")
Now Andrew goes completely into the Elena character, and Aphrodite wants to punish him. I feel like their is some other issue going on here. I suppose the lost money explanation may help.
Assuming that the dreams are really dreams and therefore just manifestations of Andrew's own mind, then the first dream represents his repressed desires and the second dream represents guilt over acting on those desires. This trope has been commonly depicted in media as an angel and a devil appearing on the character's shoulders. The devil would be encouraging him to act on his desires and the angel would be admonishing him against doing so. But in this comic it's flipped- the more angelic scene on Mount Olympus is taking the position of the devil, and the more hellish scene that looks like Tartarus is taking the position of the angel. Plus it's odd that Elena/Aphrodite is the personification of both. It makes the symbolism kinda muddled. Aphrodite is clearly all about desire/pleasure so the punishment ought to be doled out by someone else. Perhaps male Andrew dressed as Hades.

Stevedore100

Dec 4, 2023
You have hit right in what makes it confusing you me- same messenger, different message.

Thinking back on the supposed unhappy, force
into marriage bit......Andrew and Marina decide to marry (Andrew is supposedly forced) then Andrew loses wedding/honeymoon money, then Nikos springs for all expense paid honeymoon. Is it too wild to consider that Andrew lost the money on purpose in order for Nikos to make his generous offer? We are led to believe that the incident created doubt in Marinas mind. Perhaps there is more to it and some plot against Nikos that Andrew, willingly or not, is a part of.
You've got a bunch of new, or newly returned people in Greece- Andrew, Marina, Joanna, Dimitra and soon, Joel, James, even Filip is a new employee. They might be involved. And gives more meaning to Andrew deciding to learn to speak Greek before coming

LadyBoyJay

Jun 12, 2017
Just completed watching it

Can you recommend some similar themed movies?
I haven't watched it yet but when I Googled it, I did find three recommendations. I haven't seen any of these either, so watch at your own risk. :LOL:

Probably not similar, but I have seen . That movie is more my style and I would recommend it. I'm a big fan of Sean Young! :love: She was excellent in Blade Runner and she seems very supportive of the feminization kink, since besides her role as Ms. Hyde, she also played Ray Finkle. :LOL:

Reactions: Thalantyr

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
I haven't watched it yet but when I Googled it, I did find three recommendations. I haven't seen any of these either, so watch at your own risk. :LOL:

Probably not similar, but I have seen . That movie is more my style and I would recommend it. I'm a big fan of Sean Young! :love: She was excellent in Blade Runner and she seems very supportive of the feminization kink, since besides her role as Ms. Hyde, she also played Ray Finkle. :LOL:
I've seen Victim. It's not a very good movie, especially when compared to The Skin I Live In. However, the plot is pretty much straight out of Fictionmania, so it will probably appeal to many of you who have a forced fem fetish.

Reactions: LadyBoyJay

El Lunar

Dec 3, 2023

Thank you

• Red Heart
Reactions: LadyBoyJay

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
Plus it's odd that Elena/Aphrodite is the personification of both. It makes the symbolism kinda muddled.
Not that uncommon though :D: (Edited since video embed didn't work)

1_bf8Qigo2mFUwYlsrMFtnjg.jpg

This might be a bit of a carrot and stick situation, rather than Angel and Devil. Rather than the idea that "Aphrodite" is playing two separate entities and advocating one direction or another, one of the common threads is to confront Andrew over his past choices:

GREECE991.png GREECE1008.png

Looking back through:

GREECE1002.png GREECE1004.png

It's pretty explicitly spelled out that Aphrodite is the sounding board for Andrew to confront. I would make the argument, the first time around, "Aphrodite" is telling Andrew to be truthful. He can enjoy being Elena, while also wanting to go back to being Andrew. He can have had reservations about getting married, but truthfully does love Marina. These things aren't mutually exclusive, but Andrew is basically treating them that way.

So to me, Andrew dreams and tests himself. He gets his memories back but he didn't learn a damn thing. Instead of admitting that there's a part of himself that enjoys this, and that's ok and perfectly compatible with not WANTING this, he instead just doubles down on "I'm just a happy little slut wife". Because he didn't take any responsibility for his wrong doings (perhaps the wrong doings towards Marina), next dream sequence the stick comes out. No more fun happy orgasms, time for some punishment.

Page 1004 spells it out really clearly. "If I'm mentioning Marina, it's because this is something you need to talk about.". But Andrew doesn't talk about it in the dream. He skirts around the question and instead goes into a flashback. What happens next dream? We go straight to how Andrew screwed Marina over.

Reactions: Thalantyr