Fan Art Melody: Fan Art and Assets Thread

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Sophia sorta kinda update...

So I went through my Genesis 8 textures. The Billie textures are pretty close, but Sophia has a small amount of freckles. The easiest ones to spot are next to the base of her left collarbone and a cluster between the breasts, just above the nipples.

The P3D Misty textures are a bit more appealing skin tone wise, but the brows, while quite close, aren't a 100% match. Also, no freckles.

This tells me there's another skin texture set out there that may be a closer match. Billie or Misty should work for now, but I'm fairly sure there's a closer match out there somewhere. Just not in my G8F collection. I have a few dozen G8F characters that I checked the skin textures, except for the obvious outliers such as Neptunia, Monique, etc...

I'm rather convinced that Billie's face, minus the Teen Josie morph, with a few tweaks, is quite close. I dialed out her body, though, and have been experimenting with a few combinations. Once I feel a bit better about a few things, I'll share my .duf.

Anyways, yeah, if anyone has ideas r.e. skin textures for Sophia, suggestions are wecome. Week 7/Sophia/Lingerie Store pics, particularly 124, 134, are about as good as any to refer to r.e. the chest freckles. Her face freckles are very faint, but she does have a few - pic 129, if you zoom in, you'll see what I'm seeing face freckles wise..

Hopefully someone spots a texture match!
;)

JuanDomingo

May 20, 2018
Anyways, yeah, if anyone has ideas r.e. skin textures for Sophia, suggestions are wecome. Week 7/Sophia/Lingerie Store pics, particularly 124, 134, are about as good as any to refer to r.e. the chest freckles. Her face freckles are very faint, but she does have a few - pic 129, if you zoom in, you'll see what I'm seeing face freckles wise..

Hopefully someone spots a texture match!
;)
Found a perfect match for all the moles, but is a G3 character. Maybe another G8 character from the same devs has the same texture.

Reactions: CulayTL

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Found a perfect match for all the moles, but is a G3 character. Maybe another G8 character from the same devs has the same texture.
Hmmm. I'm experimenting with a couple of other characters, but I do have Frida in my library. I seem to remember that sometimes you can swap textures between G3F and G8F, but as I remember that's hit or miss. I haven't tried that myself, but may give it a go. Worst case the character explodes...

The default G8F textures actually don't look to bad, but of course they are lacking in makeup options...

CulayTL

Sneaky Bastard
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
Hmmm. I'm experimenting with a couple of other characters, but I do have Frida in my library. I seem to remember that sometimes you can swap textures between G3F and G8F, but as I remember that's hit or miss. I haven't tried that myself, but may give it a go. Worst case the character explodes...

The default G8F textures actually don't look to bad, but of course they are lacking in makeup options...
I my experience I got missing parts of the body.. :ROFLMAO:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, I figured I should show how the different textures look. The ScarJo textures were just for fun, she does look pretty hot with those though...

SophiaTextures2.jpg

SophiaTextures1.jpg

Except for the eyebrows, they all don't look too bad. I'ts probably possible to adjust the eyebrow shape using morphs to more closely match the shape, and the height is easily adjusted.

Anyways, just wanted to share. I'm still tweaking things - once I'm a bit happier I'll share what I have.

I tried a few other textures, they didn't look right. I had hopes for the Corinne textures, but no dice...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Found it! 100% match... almost, nipples are not the same, but 100% mole match.

View attachment 352104
Hmmm... First off, nice catch!

Secondly, so GDN Darla is a Renderosity product, so I'm a bit more amazed that she was one of the Renderosity gals that I purchased. I shop there a bit less than I do at the Daz3D store.

Also, apparently I also have this product:

Anyways, that product applies to the 'named' Genesis 3 characters such as Vic 7, Aiko 7, etc. Apparently, Genesis 8 already can use UVs that were built for Genesis 3 Base. So now, of course, I need to test this...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, enough blah blah. Here's my current WIP for Sophie. I'm actually pretty happy with her, although I guesstimated a bit on the body...

Sophia1.jpg

Attached are my .duf files, and a slightly modified GDN Darla for G3F torso texture with the nipples pinked up a bit.

As jdpetela firgured out, you'll need GDN Darla for G3F's skin textures. You'll also need to grab Billie for TJ8. Oh, and Marigold Hair of course!

Hopefully you have the same G8F morph packs that I do.

As for the 3 planes I have in my .duf file, just point those at the game/images/weekwhatever folders for comparison purposes, or just delete them.

Enjoy!
;)

Last edited:

CulayTL

Sneaky Bastard
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
Is she 18? I don't like her anymore lol

Great job!

Fucking weirdos! Did I said that loud?!

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Sooo, now that I've shared a G8F version of Sophia, the question is, but what if she's based on GDN Darla for G3F?

I think that a strong case can be made for this. I just loaded Darla, and applied a 35% youth morph and a -50% youth weight morph, 50% youth proportions and -100 youth head. The head isn't too far off, but needs some width adjustments. The breasts are wrong, but the hips look about right. The belly button is close as well, although I think the G8F Billie version is the closer match.

I may try to emulate 'thinner' Darla's hip proportions, as they look about right to me. Otherwise, I'll stay with the G8F version because a few other things look closer to on point. But if someone wants to take a stab at making Darla work, it's definitely a thought! The head may need a few proportion adjustments though to get it there. Billie's head just seems to work, with a nose job and a couple of other minor adjustments. Darla's nose doesn't look too bad, though, so with a few minor tweaks....

It's a thought, anyways!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Also, I found the MC's apartment!

As for Melody's guitar and amp (or whomever owns it...)

HentaiSensei777

May 23, 2019
Sooo, now that I've shared a G8F version of Sophia, the question is, but what if she's based on GDN Darla for G3F?

I think that a strong case can be made for this. I just loaded Darla, and applied a 35% youth morph and a -50% youth weight morph, 50% youth proportions and -100 youth head. The head isn't too far off, but needs some width adjustments. The breasts are wrong, but the hips look about right. The belly button is close as well, although I think the G8F Billie version is the closer match.

I may try to emulate 'thinner' Darla's hip proportions, as they look about right to me. Otherwise, I'll stay with the G8F version because a few other things look closer to on point. But if someone wants to take a stab at making Darla work, it's definitely a thought! The head may need a few proportion adjustments though to get it there. Billie's head just seems to work, with a nose job and a couple of other minor adjustments. Darla's nose doesn't look too bad, though, so with a few minor tweaks....

It's a thought, anyways!
The eyes don't quite look the same as MrDots. Maybe change the eyes angle just a tad. I'd say no more than 25%.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, I need someone to test this .duf.

I attempted to merge all of the morphs I used for Sophia into a single morph, so that people can just load the .duf file and use it, without having to track down morphs. I THINK I did this right, but need someone else to load the .duf file and see if it looks correct when opened.

You'll still need GDN Darla for the skin textures, of course, and Marigold Hair.

She should look like this when the file loads.

SophiaG8F_MkII_OhWee.jpg

You may need to point the torso texture to the one included in the .zip file.

Other than that, let me know if the file loads correctly, and matches the pic above. If there's an issue, please share the error messages you may see, so that I can try to figure things out from there.

Edit: I didn't have this quite right before, but I think I fixed it. Use this .7zip file instead:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/07/369906_Sophia_G8F_MkIIb_OhWee.7z

Last edited:

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Missing some textures

runtime/textures/silver/billie/billiearmss_1004.jpg
runtime/textures/silver/billie/billiefaces_1001.jpg
runtime/textures/silver/billie/billielash1_1006.jpg
runtime/textures/silver/billie/billielashcolor01_1006.jpg
runtime/textures/silver/billie/billielegss_1003.jpg
runtime/textures/silver/billie/billietorsos_1002.jpg

1564194749936.jpeg

As for the morphs, I think I have almost all of them.
Hope someone with less morphs tries her out to see what you are looking for :p

Reactions: HaroldB77