Mod Ren'Py Melody - Lain's Walkthrough + Scene Gallery Mod [v1.00]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Cacaolipz

Feb 16, 2018
A request for the OP
I replay games that I love when there is a new patch(or several) and I start from the beggining but I skip most of the boring stuff.Can you make the important decisions which shape the storyline in another color?Yes, I know your thingy pops-up and you explain everything, which I am trully greatfull, but sometimes I miss it...and fuck up.
Thanks in advance, keep up the great work!

Reactions: B-52reloaded

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Updated the mod to v0.11b

1.jpg

Changelog:
  • Spent the last 2 days completely remaking the scene gallery so it no longer looks awful
  • Added one scene to the gallery (but it's of Bethany <_<)
  • Updated mod with 0.11b fixes/changes

I replay games that I love when there is a new patch(or several) and I start from the beggining but I skip most of the boring stuff.Can you make the important decisions which shape the storyline in another color?
Sadly, I think that adding another color would confuse people. Even though the correct walkthrough choices are a bright green and the wrong choices are a faded out and not very visible grey, people still say they don't understand what the colors mean lol.

-Loli-Ghost-

Jul 18, 2018
Updated the mod to v0.11b

View attachment 359007

Changelog:
  • Spent the last 2 days completely remaking the scene gallery so it no longer looks awful
  • Added one scene to the gallery (but it's of Bethany <_<)
  • Updated mod with 0.11b fixes/changes

Sadly, I think that adding another color would confuse people. Even though the correct walkthrough choices are a bright green and the wrong choices are a faded out and not very visible grey, people still say they don't understand what the colors mean lol.
Yeah...... I think I'll just stick with the plain old v0-11 for now since v0-11b seems to lock even more scenes behind the paywall
Getting a bit more greedy are you Maim Lain.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Getting a bit more greedy are you Maim Lain.
It's always been weeks 1-8 though? The code for the original gallery was very messy, so I'm very sorry if you're upset if it originally had more than intended and if you're mad that this free mod has only 28 scenes in the gallery...

there's no need to be a douche and call someone who has made dozens of free mods, many of which you personally have used, greedy.

Cacaolipz

Feb 16, 2018
Are you telling me that there are people who cant simply click green everywhere and find it confusing?

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Are you telling me that there are people who cant simply click green everywhere and find it confusing?
Yes sadly, I've gotten more messages and questions about it than you probably think. :ROFLMAO:

However, I think I could go through the script again and for all of the dialogue choices where you decide to break up with a girl or not, add a note to the option where you don't breakup to be like "(Izzy ending)", "(Amy ending)", etc since there's no reason to stay with a girl unless you specifically want her ending, otherwise it will just be a bad ending if you don't break up with a girl who's ending you don't want.

Feb 3, 2018
Hey, do the scenes locked behind the Patreon unlock once found in game or are they permanently locked behind the Patreon paywall?

slimlayzie

May 22, 2018
Hey, do the scenes locked behind the Patreon unlock once found in game or are they permanently locked behind the Patreon paywall?
Unless he's changed things in recent versions it stays locked, or at least it did in my last playthrough.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes