Mod Ren'Py Melody - Lain's Walkthrough + Scene Gallery Mod [v1.00]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

silenthunter24

Apr 26, 2018
Even the old scenes from previous versions are locked. i thought maybe they would of been unlocked up until the new version. But i guess if you want all of them unlocked you need to pay

Not that I'm complaing lol, Its a great mod and obivously lots of work has gone into it

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: The_No_Name_Wolf

The_No_Name_Wolf

Apr 3, 2019

Game/Creator: /
Modder:
Game Version: 0.12

Features:
  • This mod adds an in-game walkthrough for the important choices in the game Melody! If a choice gives points or is required to see a scene it will be highlighted so you don't have to worry about missing points or scenes because of dumb reasons like not having extensive knowledge of jazz music history or because you don't know the difference between a piccolo and a fife. Choices that aren't important and don't have lasting effects aren't highlighted so you still have freedom and can pick your preferred choice.

• A scene replay gallery containing every scene from weeks 1-8 of the game has also been added to the main menu. The available scenes are already unlocked/viewable, meaning you don't have to replay the game to see them.

• The UI and textbox will no longer block the screen during all the sex scenes. For some reason the developers forgot to hide the UI during the sex scenes so there's always a big textbox blocking the screen during the scenes even if there isn't any dialog. Now the UI will be hidden during scenes and the textbox will only show if a character is speaking.

• I've currently made over 40 improvements to the events in the game so that you're no longer forced to only do one scene and miss the other. Now when possible, all the scenes will play for events instead of only one.

Scene improvements:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Other info:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
PC: Unzip the mod and put the folder named "game" from the mod in your "Melody-0.12-pc" folder.

Mac: Unzip the mod -> Right click your Melody app -> Click "Show Package Contents" -> Open the "Contents" then "Resources" folders -> Hold the Option key and drag the folder named "game" from the mod to the "autorun" folder -> Click merge

Will the F95 Mod version ever get a scene gallery update?

Reactions: silenthunter24

Grzmilu

Jun 23, 2018
Free mod has only walk trough if you need Scenes gallery you can get it from full version of mod if you get become patron on Patreon

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I really like your mods but come on, you're a pirate downloading games on a pirate website and then paywalling your mods?
Basically earning money by the effort of others actually.

That's hilarious.
Just because you pirate your games doesn't mean that I do. And how could I be using the effort of others when a scene gallery doesn't exist in the game and I had to make all of it?

It's not unethical to add something that doesn't exist to something else. Do you also think I am using the effort of Microsoft's work too because I made a mod on a computer that uses Windows? :rolleyes:

Please don't type back or respond, because then you would be abusing the effort of the people who made your keyboard and web browser.

Nelythia

Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Just because you pirate your games doesn't mean that I do. And how could I be using the effort of others when a scene gallery doesn't exist in the game and I had to make all of it?
I'm pretty sure you haven't pirated games previously and started your modding hobby as a pirate, Right? Who am I kidding.
Also I do support games and if you do too thats great, but still my point remains they're creating the game and all those scenes and you're modifying their property and work, even paywalling it so people need to actually pay you to use the features you included.

If you can't live without the money then get a real job instead of starting such a time consuming hobby in the first place.

Sorry, but it had to be said.
I really like your mods and the work you put in is appreciated, but stop paywalling it, because it's only a relatively small amount of work you do each update when compared to a dev creating these updates.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I'm pretty sure you haven't pirated games previously and started your modding hobby as a pirate, Right? Who am I kidding.
Also I do support games and if you do too thats great, but still my point remains they're creating the game and all those scenes and you're modifying their property and work, even paywalling it so people need to actually pay you to use the features you included.

If you can't live without the money then get a real job instead of starting such a time consuming hobby in the first place.

Sorry, but it had to be said.
I really like your mods and the work you put in is appreciated, but stop paywalling it, because it's only a relatively small amount of work you do each update when compared to a dev creating these updates.
What exactly are you complaining about the full Walkthrough is completely free it is only the scene gallery weeks 9+ that is patreon only, Lain works hard keeping all these mods updated if he wants to have some features patreon only that's his choice. You could always just make your own gallery mod and release it for free.
Personally I don't see what the big deal is.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
but still my point remains they're creating the game and all those scenes and you're modifying their property and work, even paywalling it so people need to actually pay you to use the features you included.
I am not redistributing their work. Your point is that modifying anything is unethical? I am not restricting access to those scenes, the scenes are still playable in the game... you can play the game normally and watch the scene like everyone else has. You can even download a save from someone else or use the console to watch the scene.

I really like your mods and the work you put in is appreciated
So I should just quit my job because you don't like it? I don't think that's a very good reason. I'm not sure how you can appreciate the work I put in, and simultaneously tell me to stop putting so much work into updating mods and making new ones, which is very time consuming like you said.

pointsss

Oct 27, 2017
Nelythia has a point but did not express it correctly. Lian, if you want to be correct you have to give a percentage of your revenue to the original developer. If he/she did not made the original product, you could not have earned anything.

If you make a remix of a song, you have to pay royalties to the original author. That is a percentage of what you earn that is based on their work.

Not to mention that you need to ask permission first. I doubt that the original developer even knows about what you are doing and how you want to make money out of his work.

From a legal perspective he can sue you and take everything you have earned that is derived from his work.

Anyways. I do like your work...just a shame you have to pay for it now.

WardenRevan

May 20, 2017
You can bitch about the paywall all you want but until the dev inputs a scene gallery, all you are doing is aggravating the person doing the work to provide a service. If time and money is put toward a product, said product should have money made off of it. Capitalism is the name of the game. Food for thought, you piss off the one making the product, they stop production and no one else has the know-how or the urge. the rage is then pointed at you for convincing the maker to stop. BTW I'm about 95 percent sure that Mr. Dot already knows about the mod, you know considering he is on the site and this is proudly on the OP of the Game.

• Angry
Reactions: Canto Forte

43pass

Nov 18, 2017
does the mod allow me to unlock finger melody's ass because i think i missed the unlock point for it

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
does the mod allow me to unlock finger melody's ass because i think i missed the unlock point for it
I believe it is unlocked in the scene gallery you could view it there

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes