4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Do you guys think that Em and Fi will share the MC in the near future? I know that it sounds too good to be true, but hey you can always dream about it.
I hopefully skipped that chance happening in my playthrough already, haha xD

Reactions: Black Skull 343

World

Jun 30, 2017
Anyone discovered a way to turn down Amy's offer at week 5 whilst keeping her route still open?
I'm on koko shanel path and dinner with Arnold if that means something

EDIT: By complete accident I found myself in the relationships tab in the menu when I came across the "Other girls" section and it had an option to lock or unlock certain paths, by doing that with Amy before opening her message I was able to say "I'm busy".
So basically if you're full on Amy's route, the game (or she monkaS) forces you to go with her.

Deep Thought

May 30, 2018
This VN is......Amazing! I'm still slowly making my way through DMD and it's a fantastic game. The daughter is my fav. The others aren't bad. Kinda like the one that works at the coffee shop. Little fuzzy on names lol, played so many VNs recently thanks to this site (you guys rock). The 2 friends though do look, I don't know, a little young?

Anyway, Melody is much more to my liking. The story is freaking great, Melody is gorgeous but so are the other characters. Melody is my favorite but Rebecca, Amy and Sophia are running tied as close seconds. I can't get enough of the updates. This next 2 month stretch is going to kill me seeing as how .4 ended. Part of me would like to wait a couple of updates but I know that will never happen. I just can't say enough about how much I love this VN.

A special thanks to those of you who always post the new updates and extras super fast. Without you I wouldn't be able to enjoy Melody as much as I do. One day I hope to support MrDots and his fantastic work but until that time I can always rely on you amazingly generous uploaders so Thank You!

Reactions: Blayo and Les_Riggs

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
This VN is......Amazing! I'm still slowly making my way through DMD and it's a fantastic game. The daughter is my fav. The others aren't bad. Kinda like the one that works at the coffee shop. Little fuzzy on names lol, played so many VNs recently thanks to this site (you guys rock). The 2 friends though do look, I don't know, a little young?

Anyway, Melody is much more to my liking. The story is freaking great, Melody is gorgeous but so are the other characters. Melody is my favorite but Rebecca, Amy and Sophia are running tied as close seconds. I can't get enough of the updates. This next 2 month stretch is going to kill me seeing as how .4 ended. Part of me would like to wait a couple of updates but I know that will never happen. I just can't say enough about how much I love this VN.

A special thanks to those of you who always post the new updates and extras super fast. Without you I wouldn't be able to enjoy Melody as much as I do. One day I hope to support MrDots and his fantastic work but until that time I can always rely on you amazingly generous uploaders so Thank You!
I personally prefer DMD just slightly better than Melody, although there's absolutely nothing wrong with Melody.

You're talking about Elena and Jennifer, the two friends of D's, yeah they look really young indeed, where as D has the body of a 18+ year old, but then sometimes her can seem like 14 year old when she gets overly hyped or whatever, but that's okay, haha. In Melody though, my favorite is actually Lizzy so far, but when Rebecca took off her glasses, she was gorgeous as hell too. I like Amy and Melody too, so far the only female character in Melody that wouldn't arouse me even if my life depended on it, is the MC's ex, haha xD

lynx33

Jun 7, 2017
I was so skeptical of this game. But I can't deny that Melody is gorgeous and a really captivating character. As in DmD, the rest of the characters are kind weak and not that great looking, but Melody is enough to make this game work.

RG80100

Feb 23, 2018
Well now that I had some time, I downloaded the Webm codecs and all to get the animations to not black screen on me, but sadly it's still doing so..so now I've done:

- download the extra's separatly
- download all i could find for webm
- download the compressed version
- redownloaded the game

So I'm starting to run out of ideas why it keeps black screening me for the animations.
I had this problem the first Time i play DMD. And it was because speaker not connected on pc !! Perhaps may help you. I don’t know why but many problem with some RenPy games when speaker don’t connect. No animation or game don’t start with error window.

Reactions: Siddington

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Yeah, I really commend MrDots for writing both Melody and DMD stories quite realistic, well, as realistic as they can be of course. Think it was very well written how MC and Lizzy come to say goodbye for the time being without closing the door for a possible serious relationship down the road, right now she just wants to see through her career and where it will take her, which to me is a realistic and very level-headed decision to make, rather than throwing everything away just to be with the man she loves and wants, if they're meant to be, then they will find away (of course that depends on the players decisions). And I honestly hope there is a happy ending for them.
His pacing has certainly gotten better, while the Melody relationships develops he makes sure to give you lots of hot scenes with the other girls to bide time. If you remember back to the early updates of DmD, the filler was pretty bad, wasting time on mundane tasks and worthless characters that were irrelevant to the story. Now he's got it focused on a more reasonable amount of characters, all of them attractive, likable and tied either to Melody or the MC in some way. Granted, we could've probably spent more time with Melody this update, but maybe DmD had his attention split so whipping up some sex scenes with the other girls was a better route until he can focus in some more next time.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
His pacing has certainly gotten better, while the Melody relationships develops he makes sure to give you lots of hot scenes with the other girls to bide time. If you remember back to the early updates of DmD, the filler was pretty bad, wasting time on mundane tasks and worthless characters that were irrelevant to the story. Now he's got it focused on a more reasonable amount of characters, all of them attractive, likable and tied either to Melody or the MC in some way. Granted, we could've probably spent more time with Melody this update, but maybe DmD had his attention split so whipping up some sex scenes with the other girls was a better route until he can focus in some more next time.
Well, given that the MC now spends almost every waking moment with Melody, more than a tutor ever would normally, I really liked that MC spent more time with other ladies to be honest, and it's really the relationship with Izzy I'm the most interested in at the moment, just for the sheer fact that out of all these ladies in the game, she's closest to my type, which isn't to say that I would pass Amy, Rebecca or Melody and not give a second look, like you said, they're all attractive, especially Rebecca actually stunned me when I saw her without the glasses for the first time, until then her true beauty was well concealed. Amy is all around amazing and gorgeous, and given that she has the most in common with MC, they're relatively same age, ish, and all, she'd be the perfect match. But yeah, I just have the hots for Izzy, haha. Melody, I could see her be a very good candidate for MC, but she has a lot of growing up to do first, still acting so reckless, carelessly, but you can see her improving all the time, she's becoming a proper young lady (without losing that bit of a wild side of hers, which I like), she's growing on me, as in I'd like to date her in MC's shoes :)

Pacing and irrelevant characters in DMD? Hmmm, there's only really two characters, female characters at that that really serve no purpose as of yet. The F/D couple at the beach? They're more than significant to the story. Georgina is significant, the first real love interest of MC's in the game and she's GREAT, haha, good wife and step-mom material. And all of the characters came into the story at pretty significant times, almost all of them had something to do with either boosting D's confidence, assuring her of her own feelings or at least make her understand them better and give into them, helped her defend herself and that sort of stuff. Of course MC did the most of things, but these characters had a hand in it at critical times.

The best part of it all is that both the stories of Melody and DMD are as realistic as they can be, believable, well-paced, leaves you wanting for the next updates (although considering how far DMD has already gone in the story, I would've half expected D and F already gone "all in", you know, had sex, they've done pretty much everything else already, hmm, stuff that gradually came at a pretty slow pace to be honest).
The only negative I can really say (and it's a minor one) is that Jennifer and Elena really do look like they're but only 12 years old physically, I can't imagine them be 18+ no matter how hard I try, while D does have an adult woman's body

Reactions: Les_Riggs

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
It's not worth going over all of DmD's early faults, especially in another game's thread and long after they've moved past them. I do notice people here have very short memories. DmD Chapter 1 has a lot of characters that will never be revisited (photographer, his brother, random chicks with two lines of dialogue and so forth) or scenes to pad out update (nothing happens except somebody's shirt got wet, etc.) You'll notice a lot of Mr. Dot's inferior imitators use that kind of shit to milk people, like they learned all the wrong lessons from his work. You don't get the hot scenes and relationship development yet people call it brilliant because it replicates the slow pace. But if something's slow yet nothing is learned about the characters, there's no fucking point.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
It's not worth going over all of DmD's early faults, especially in another game's thread and long after they've moved past them. I do notice people here have very short memories. DmD Chapter 1 has a lot of characters that will never be revisited (photographer, his brother, random chicks with two lines of dialogue and so forth) or scenes to pad out update (nothing happens except somebody's shirt got wet, etc.) You'll notice a lot of Mr. Dot's inferior imitators use that kind of shit to milk people, like they learned all the wrong lessons from his work. You don't get the hot scenes and relationship development yet people call it brilliant because it replicates the slow pace. But if something's slow yet nothing is learned about the characters, there's no fucking point.
Yeah I agree with that, haha, and I did notice how MrDot got better with writing and everything the further he went, and honestly, I really do like the slow pace with his games, it feels more authentic and realistic, especially when it comes to the main girls of the games, it's really the story and the character/relationship development and dynamics that I enjoy, there's hundreds of others games if people want that "fapping material", but this game (and DMD) are really about the story, and damn good they are, I really enjoy them, feel right at home playing them :)

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@Itpika You know what I found quite clever though? Not sure if people paid much attention to it, but when Amy went to have her vacation and she went to the beach, apparently it was the same beach the MC and D in DMD went to, the nudist beach, the same lady that was nagging about MC not being fully naked on the beach was also giving Amy a hard time about it, kind of clever way to tie DMD and Melody universe together, if not in so obvious way, haha.

wahihi

Jul 31, 2018
I just tried this VN but I got no sound?
Tried both mac and compressed windows version but still no sound.

Any advice?

Les_Riggs

Oct 19, 2017
I just tried this VN but I got no sound?
Tried both mac and compressed windows version but still no sound.

Any advice?
Sound features in the game from Week 4 in one scene I believe, but happens more often in Week 5, which is the most recent update.

Adding audio from what I’ve read is a new feature MrDots has added into his games (as he hasn’t done at all in DMD).

It’s been used really well in Week 5 IMO, mainly during the lessons with Melody and Sophia.

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
Something like 72 or 74 as per @Penfold Mole 's calculations a few pages back.

Check for his post, interesting readng.

tl;dr:
75 possible only w/ the next update

Anonny

♥ Ren'Py Fangirl ♥
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
What is the maximum relationship points you can reach by the end of the new update?
For prosperity's sake; You can find the maximum points possible per update in the walkthrough. For v0.4.0 it's 72 points.

Capture.PNG

wahihi

Jul 31, 2018
Sound features in the game from Week 4 in one scene I believe, but happens more often in Week 5, which is the most recent update.

Adding audio from what I’ve read is a new feature MrDots has added into his games (as he hasn’t done at all in DMD).

It’s been used really well in Week 5 IMO, mainly during the lessons with Melody and Sophia.
Noted with thanks.
I thought my installation got corrupted or other technical issues.

Oct 22, 2017
I had this problem the first Time i play DMD. And it was because speaker not connected on pc !! Perhaps may help you. I don’t know why but many problem with some RenPy games when speaker don’t connect. No animation or game don’t start with error window.
Duuuudeeeee this totally fixed it! Just unplug my usb headset, start the game, and plug it back in! :D
thanks a million! :D

Reactions: RG80100
4.50 star(s) 280 Votes