4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

bjf69

Jul 29, 2017
then something at your pc is wrong - this savegame is tested and used by several other user (also by myself).
I suggest do clean your PC from all old stuff (including appdata folder) and make a fresh install of game
do i need all previous versions of game installed for save data to work

Sieg Linde

May 19, 2017
Is Izzy written out of the game? :(

When MC mentions his current relationships in his thoughts he doesn't mention her at all lately.

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
Is Izzy written out of the game? :(

When MC mentions his current relationships in his thoughts he doesn't mention her at all lately.
She will supposedly be back in a few weeks game time.. How long that is in real time I don't know?

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
She will supposedly be back in a few weeks game time.. How long that is in real time I don't know?
Oh really. Crap, I choose to end thing with her when she going to work on international flights bacause I don't think the relationship will work. I really like her attendan uniform :(

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
do i need all previous versions of game installed for save data to work
no - its even better to play a fresh game without any other versions installed at all to prevent possible errors.
i strictly recommend to backup your "old" savegames, then deinstall all installed files (also the files in appdata folder) before installing the new version of a RenPy game. After that you may copy back the backup save files into /games folder and use them as like you just saved them from game.

all other will MAYBE work, but also probably lead to errors.

best example is the posted file 9-2-LT1.save This file is saved out of version 0.7 and contains the start of week 8 - so its the newest version to save and also content of newest version. If you got an error by loading this savefile, its definitively nothing to do with incompatible savefile to new version

Reactions: ElmerFudd

bjf69

Jul 29, 2017
no - its even better to play a fresh game without any other versions installed at all to prevent possible errors.
i strictly recommend to backup your "old" savegames, then deinstall all installed files (also the files in appdata folder) before installing the new version of a RenPy game. After that you may copy back the backup save files into /games folder and use them as like you just saved them from game.

all other will MAYBE work, but also probably lead to errors.

best example is the posted file 9-2-LT1.save This file is saved out of version 0.7 and contains the start of week 8 - so its the newest version to save and also content of newest version. If you got an error by loading this savefile, its definitively nothing to do with incompatible savefile to new version
i deleted all the previous versions of game copied save files then put the save file u linked into folder, dont see your save file at all and only some of my save files work some are not, no clue what is going on

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
i deleted all the previous versions of game copied save files then put the save file u linked into folder, dont see your save file at all and only some of my save files work some are not, no clue what is going on
you really deleted ALL your savefiles? also the files which are located c:// user/username/appdata/roaming/renpy/melody-saves?
i dont know if melody hides files somewhere else - some renpy games also save files into ..../appdata/localLow

After clearing the old stuff and reinstalling the actual game you have to save the file to ..../games/saves and after starting the game you will find it on the 9th page if you did not rename it

D

Deleted member 819466

omg this Damien Rice reference is destroying my soul..... really love all the real music/ film references in this game. Very well done. I'm now sitting in the dark, listening to Damien Rice playing through their chat at the gym.... haha what is real life?

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
The way I stopped the Amy path was to have Arnold at the birthday dinner and "kiss her on the cheek" when you drive her home and then turn down the lunch date. Havent heard from her since that.
Thank you, that will still leave me on max points so much better.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Thank you, that will still leave me on max points so much better.
you still know that you can turn on and off the different paths in menu by clicking on the portrait as much and whenever you want?

EDIT: click on portrait and then click on "other girls"

Reactions: Enyos

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Not until now lol. Thanks
you are welcome
feel free to join if you have any further questions about "Melody" and/or "Dating my Daughter"
(MrDots Fans - fanbased, no official Server because of the ToS of Patreon, but loosely visited/supported by the devs)

Reactions: Sinphil

Bigjake893

Feb 18, 2018
After this release (and after reading some comments on this thread), I'd like to say something.
This game, like or even better than DMD (another VN I really love), has a wonderful story and an excellent graphics, with a lot of characters and multiple endings as well (or, at least, it's what I've understood), and, above all, it has NO VIOLENCE, NO CRUELTY and NO BRUTALITY either (there are already a lot of them in real life, I personally don't need it when I play a game, even if, in the end, it's only a matter of tastes, I suppose). For all these reasons, this is one of the best VN I have ever played.
Of course, this is only a personal opinion, nothing more.

PS: Yes, I'm a fan (and a patron, too) of MrDots' games.

I wish a wonderful new year to everyone.
Cheers.

kaiserata

Aug 18, 2018
i've downloaded v0.0.7 but for some reason,main character's skin tone has changed (from white to black)How do i change it?

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes