4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I just finished my second playthrough of 0.8. The first was on a Melody only path. Loved it! The second is on a harem path. I still have all the sidechicks unlocked. Boy, is the shit gonna hit the fan next week when
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I can't wait!

U

User_130505

Timing has very little bearing on the affiliation. Still a VN hosted on Patreon and having content from there inside a VN Patreon wants nothing to do with. It's all about the IP rules. Logically the IP should still belong to Dots but I haven't read the Patreon IP rules. Sure there's already little crossover Easter Eggs in DMD but having a fully fledged character might be another thing.
Simple solution, Melody's stage name becomes, Melody, and whatever you named your MC, or her band. That gives enough difference that they cannot say 100% for sure that they are the same. If Sophia and Xiane go on the road with her, it could even be, Melody, and the Bimbos.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Simple solution, Melody's stage name becomes, Melody, and whatever you named your MC, or her band. That gives enough difference that they cannot say 100% for sure that they are the same. If Sophia and Xiane go on the road with her, it could even be, Melody, and the Bimbos.
Clearly you haven't had the chance to catch up with some other . Best to leave this question in the hands of those who know much more about this.

EDIT: Because of this I've just quickly looked up the Patreon IP rules and Dots still maintains full rights to IP posted on Patreon (If I found the right area). So it's good that there shouldn't be any issues.

HalloCharlie

Mar 27, 2018
I must confess this game surpassed any expectations i had when we first knew about the development of Melody. Melody has way more character than D, and that defines a lot more the relationship you can build with her.
This last update was spot on, again, and the only complaint I have is the way the last night ended.

Really can't wait for the next update. Now, time for DmD.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I hope we can finally put to rest the "MC is Melody's dad" speculation. This update we learned:
  1. Melissa (Melody's mom) is older than Amy. "a bit older", which to me means more than a year.
  2. Melody's dad bailed when he found out Melissa was pregnant.
From previous releases and discussions with @Jeff Steel we know that
  1. Amy is older than the MC.
  2. Isabella is 26, and was in school with the MC.
  3. MC's college girlfriend had to leave abruptly before finishing her courses.
The ages just don't add up for Melissa to be the MC's college girlfriend. If she's 2 years older than the MC, and he got together with her at 18, she would have been at least 20 when he knocked her up, 20 years ago. Isabella was 6 when Melody was conceived, which would put her in college at 10, given that she was in school at the same time as the MC. I like her, but I don't think she's !

Plus, the MC says his girlfriend left abruptly, and doesn't think about her being pregnant and him dumping her. I'd expect him to recall that when discussing her.

Maethir

Jul 28, 2018
I hope we can finally put to rest the "MC is Melody's dad" speculation. This update we learned:
  1. Melissa (Melody's mom) is older than Amy. "a bit older", which to me means more than a year.
  2. Melody's dad bailed when he found out Melissa was pregnant.
From previous releases and discussions with @Jeff Steel we know that
  1. Amy is older than the MC.
  2. Isabella is 26, and was in school with the MC.
  3. MC's college girlfriend had to leave abruptly before finishing her courses.
The ages just don't add up for Melissa to be the MC's college girlfriend. If she's 2 years older than the MC, and he got together with her at 18, she would have been at least 20 when he knocked her up, 20 years ago. Isabella was 6 when Melody was conceived, which would put her in college at 10, given that she was in school at the same time as the MC. I like her, but I don't think she's !

Plus, the MC says his girlfriend left abruptly, and doesn't think about her being pregnant and him dumping her. I'd expect him to recall that when discussing her.
Yea i am pretty sure they not doing the incest route on this game and honestly i am totally cool with it. There are so many already and i like this game as is. My only question is:

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
I highly doubt anything like this could happen with the atmosphere in the game.
Maybe Mel/Sophie/Mc is a possibility... Hardly anything else,
Stop trying to dash my hopes and dreams! j/k :p I agree though...the mel/soph/mc seems likely to happen or just soph/mc. The amy/izzy/mc.....highly unlikely, more like not gonna happen. The girl on giirl stuff...anything can happen really now that mel is more open to it....guess we'll see in future updates where it all goes. Hopefully the harem path is exactly that and doesn't switch up at some point and force you to choose....thats what should happen when your not on the harem route.

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
Code:
...While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'lb_w8_week_ending'.
Same error
Can you go on by choosing 'ignore' in the error message? Did you try??

If not, use earlier saves and try playing on from a time before the end, this could help. Error tells sth is wrong with ending of week 8. For sure it is different now, bc there is some more content added it is not the very end anymore. So perhaps best is you pass week 8 once more, then transition over to week 9 aso. It should get fixed that way I'd say.
If turning backwards and continuing doesn't work ask others here for a save at about week 8, delete yours, use this fresh one to play on.

I'm trying the game so I can't really tell what's going on later, I will probably get the error soon enough. Another blueballer... *sigh* But nice renders. And two redheads. So why not.

Maethir

Jul 28, 2018
Clearly you haven't had the chance to catch up with some other . Best to leave this question in the hands of those who know much more about this.

EDIT: Because of this I've just quickly looked up the Patreon IP rules and Dots still maintains full rights to IP posted on Patreon (If I found the right area). So it's good that there shouldn't be any issues.
WOW i just read that thread about Palmer (even though i stopped playing DFD) and that is pretty fucked up. Kinda also the reason i avoid certian games on this site. You never know who is watching or especially in the U.S. what the fuck is even legal anymore

Dec 31, 2018
So guys. How does the locked unlocked work for the women? If we r in multiple girl's oath if we lock them all that means we will be in melody only path?

How can I use this method to do melody only path without playing from the start. If that's even possible

Angus8504

Jan 20, 2018
I may have found a glitch, I was playing the story, I usually lock and unlock each side chick as I go along to get all the extra points on the Mel route, however, I totally picked the wrong choice on one scene, went back and reloaded the game from a little earlier, it kept the love points I had already had and added more upon what I had prior to the reloading of the previous version, and ended up with 233 love points with Mel over the walk through stating total max points being 229. I am not complaining, just wondering if anyone else had this happen?

Angus8504

Jan 20, 2018
So guys. How does the locked unlocked work for the women? If we r in multiple girl's oath if we lock them all that means we will be in melody only path?

How can I use this method to do melody only path without playing from the start. If that's even possible
So what you want to do is use the lock unlock to get the extra scenes with the other ladies in the game, unlock them the scene before they will be available so you can get the extra love points with Mel, once that extra scene with a certain lady starts, lock the character again, the game will act as though you are on the Mel only route but you get to enjoy the scenes with the other ladies as well. It is a simple cheat in the game, and honestly one I do love about this game.

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes