4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

James123321456

Apr 19, 2018
Same error
Before she sings front of Producer on stage, u'll have to choose btw "Ignore all distraction" and "Just do ur best" at ur apartment --> U must choose the 1st one in order to sign a contact, cause with the 2nd choice u're not gonna sign it and cause this bug, that's like a Game over...

HonoredEx

May 2, 2017
It doesn't actually say there is a harem route but I guess this can easily be misunderstood, leading ppl to thinking there is actually a harem route. here is what I was referring to in exact words.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah see, its just to get 'all the scenes' right now. Its not implemented in the story.. The story endings are already visible.
amy=east coast
becca=big city
melody=on the road...
No room left.

Reactions: Scrot
Sep 18, 2018
So been thinking about something.
Ive always seen this as one of my top 3 games on this site.
But when replaying the v0.0.7 content the other day, (have reached 0.0.8 yet) i realized that its actually not that good.
Hear me out...
First off, renders and models are great! Animations are just ok tho, they are smooth but not a lot of movement at all really, but the models and renders are so good, so it increases the feel of them.

Before i come to my gripe with this game, i want to say that i dont normally play these games to wank. (chocker i know)
I like the tease, the story, the buildup, and all those things. So for me a good long story, and not just "get me to the screwing part already", is a good thing. And this game has a lot of story, so it should be the perfect game for me really, BUT is it good?

This game has a lot of story, but what it fails at for me, is making that story engaging in anyway.
They dont really flirt with each other, or tease. The story is not really humerus, exiting, mysterious or thrilling.
90% of the "time fill" content is about her music carer, and its like reading a Wikipedia page most of the time.
Now i know the game is about this music mentor, and that role. But if you are going to do a shit ton of story content, it needs to be engaging in some way. All that side/fill story need to contain something, that makes it feel like its not filler content.
And it feels like this game lacks that.
Other great games have this amount of content also, and a lot of side content, but the good ones manages to have a story that have humor, thrill, flirting, mystery and so on.
Even some time management/minimal grind games, manage to have more engaging filler content than this game have.

Also the romantic dynamic between the player and Melody is so internalized, its A LOT of just thoughts.
No real flirting at all.
The romantic part of this game outside of different sex scenes, is just the odd groping here and there.

The writing in this game is for obvious reasons very much like DMD.
And even if DMD have similar problems, it works better there, because the "taboo" factor, and the slow build up around that makes all side content work towards that goal.

In this story, its not the same tho, and that makes the story feel like its lacking.

I always think the best games on here, is the ones that: If you would play the game with all the nipples/pussies/cocks cut out, and the animations was just focused on faces. It would still be good enough to play trough. And this game really aint one of those games.

Thoughts? Am i the only one feeling this game is lacking in story telling?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
saves from 0.0.7? for mac? where do i put the save?
~/Library/RenPy/Melody-SAVES

Anyone here with a mac? I'm having troubles expanding the zip file, it shows that it is incomplete.
Hello,

Same problem here.
The mac download seems to be corrupted and the game doesn't launch.
No problems here unzipping the Mac version.

Are you using the system's Archive Tool, or another program to unzip? I used Archive Tool.

Where did you download the zip from? It's possible one of the mirrors has a corrupt version.

icke123

Apr 20, 2018
Besides DmD :love:, Melody:love::love: is the greatest game I've ever played. I have the big advantage that I don't come to play so often. That's why there's always an update before I'm finished... The anticipation is always huge when it becomes apparent that I will have a few minutes to play again.
Respect to the developers.

And @pim0: Keep it up! Your pictures are one of the reasons for me to visit the forum almost every day.

****** translated by Deepl.com *******

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Besides DmD :love:, Melody:love::love: is the greatest game I've ever played. I have the big advantage that I don't come to play so often. That's why there's always an update before I'm finished... The anticipation is always huge when it becomes apparent that I will have a few minutes to play again.
Respect to the developers.

And @pim0: Keep it up! Your pictures are one of the reasons for me to visit the forum almost every day.

****** translated by Deepl.com *******
@pim0 is simply the best (y) and games two masterpieces

Scrot

Definitely not Scrot
Apr 30, 2018
Yeah see, its just to get 'all the scenes' right now. Its not implemented in the story.. The story endings are already visible.
amy=east coast
becca=big city
melody=on the road...
No room left.
This game will be a kind hard choice cause you can't finish the game in route with all them so you need chose one of that 3 i think after game is complete i'll need play again and again too see all routes and all story until the end
i really liked becca but between becca and melody i'll chose melody of course :D

Scrot

Definitely not Scrot
Apr 30, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Probably you have a diferent kind of game most of people like this game but yes have some part on story that is lacking i know what you meen but is a good game with also a good story could be better? yes it could but with all work the programmer has in hands is harder create a perfect game in all sources but i think you will like more DrPinkCake games they have a really great story if is that what you wanna but most part of the games is more for enternain the players and give you a huge boner yeah i miss a lot the teasing in this game but the girls are really great so that's a bonus don't you think @z2lid ?

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes