4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
Yes by the MC if you are on her path
It's a bit boring if it's really what they plan to do. Also, when they reach 400pts of relationship, either it's the end of the game (great, more time allocated to make more DmD, if they don't start another game) or they could just make a new chapter of Melody and push the relationship points to 600. I didn't check, but money-wise I suppose Melody earns more than DmD, just because Patreon has more reach than Subscribestar, so I don't really see them abandon Melody after the next 2-3 updates, unless there's a new game coming to replace it on Patreon.

Reactions: RustyV

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
It's a bit boring if it's really what they plan to do. Also, when they reach 400pts of relationship, either it's the end of the game (great, more time allocated to make more DmD, if they don't start another game) or they could just make a new chapter of Melody and push the relationship points to 600. I didn't check, but money-wise I suppose Melody earns more than DmD, just because Patreon has more reach than Subscribestar, so I don't really see them abandon Melody after the next 2-3 updates, unless there's a new game coming to replace it on Patreon.
Melody is near to be completed , maybe this year

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
This is exactly what will happen.
2-3 more updates for Melody.
Next year a new game that must be Patreon friendly.I hope this time the MC is not again a middle age man.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Agreed. I don't see how Melody can go on much longer plot-wise without becoming grindy.

Mr.Dots team seems to have a formula they use, middle aged MC, hot shorter main girl with big boobs who has a petite slutty bff girlfriend (usually in both senses of the term). Not that I don't like their standard girl characters.lol
A POV middle aged MC game would appear to have greater appeal to the majority of the game's demographic fan base.
It would be interesting to see either a female MC or the players just controlling the actions of the VN's main girl. But again the fan base might not identify with a female MC, and corrupting a character without direct interaction can make you feel like a Fallen Angel leading a soul astray.

Reactions: Mikedazz1

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Agreed. I don't see how Melody can go on much longer plot-wise without becoming grindy.

Mr.Dots team seems to have a formula they use, middle aged MC, hot shorter main girl with big boobs who has a petite slutty bff girlfriend (usually in both senses of the term). Not that I don't like their standard girl characters.lol
A POV middle aged MC game would appear to have greater appeal to the majority of the game's demographic fan base.
It would be interesting to see either a female MC or the players just controlling the actions of the VN's main girl. But again the fan base might not identify with a female MC, and corrupting a character without direct interaction can make you feel like a Fallen Angel leading a soul astray.
Triangle and Life with Mary also reach their end.So we have 2 other middle aged male,that have ended.PL is almost there too.
It will be interesting to see a game like JOHN or AWAM but made by this team.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
True. Just not as slow as AWAM.

I do like the Mr.Dots team formula, but they may fall into the trap of ignoring innovation made by their own success.
Look at Star Trek, it basically uses the same cast and plot formula for every series.
Maybe a parody, though that's definitely not their style.
I would like a short DMD+Melody crossover series.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017

I do like the Mr.Dots team formula, but they may fall into the trap of ignoring innovation made by their own success.
Look at Star Trek, it basically uses the same cast and plot formula for every series.
But for Patreon we need something without incest.Maybe finaly someone will make a game with real landlady:)

Wutzel

Aug 6, 2017
Hmm sadly all files from all links is the header from the image broken, I hope game is playable.

bakuon

Jul 28, 2017

But for Patreon we need something without incest.Maybe finaly someone will make a game with real landlady:)

I think it's possible, especially in dmd (maybe when melody is finished).
in both games, they're both the same age.
but we can think that their story doesn't take place at the same time, in dmd melody is already a singer who does concerts (see in dmd trip to the countryside displays melody concert on the wall). she could meet at the nudist beach with koko, especially since in dmd they still haven't used their concert tickets earned at the party. melody to be hired by koko to play the first part of his concert.
but for something to happen between her it is necessary that in both stories are to develop sharing or on their lesbian side.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Melody is almost done and they haven't mentioned carrying it on in another chapter.

More than likely they will probably put a new one out.

fea876

Nov 24, 2018
What I would like for the next hypothetical chapter. Kill the MC, depict the struggle of Melody with her career, depression from the lost of her boyfriend, alcohol/drugs in a non-cliche way(good writing really needed). All that through the eye of one her closed friend(Female protagonist). This way the game could be light headed for a part of it, not always dark. It will be hard, but the emotional ride would be quite something. I'm a big fan of drama movies and those games are way too mild on that side. Seeing the reaction on AL, I do realize there is absolutely no chance that will happen.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
What I would like for the next hypothetical chapter. Kill the MC, depict the struggle of Melody with her career, depression from the lost of her boyfriend, alcohol/drugs in a non-cliche way(good writing really needed). All that through the eye of one her closed friend(Female protagonist). This way the game could be light headed for a part of it, not always dark. It will be hard, but the emotional ride would be quite something. I'm a big fan of drama movies and those games are way too mild on that side. Seeing the reaction on AL, I do realize there is absolutely no chance that will happen.
Nope

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
Stick to your drama movies!!

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes