4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
While I do not quite share the same philosophy as you, I was actually saddened by the lack of alternatives for the story line. On my first play through, I liked Amy the best, but did not like the fact I got into bed with her so quickly. Then she gets a job to move further away. Which is when I cut off the relationship.

Next I tried Becca, as her shy and wounded personality really appealed to me. But again, it was the same thing, she gets a job out of town and moves away, which I knew would end the game sooner, so I ended the relationship.

Then to drown my sorrows in my broken relationships, I went on the full harem route with Melody and Sophia (with Xianne on the side, then after finishing it, went to an earlier save to fully incorporate Xianne into our relationship.)

FINALLY after that I did the solo Melody while shutting everyone else out of my life (even following the walkthrough, I still missed 2 points somewhere...403 total for me.)

I'm going to re-play the games and try and do each of the other characters just to see what the endings are like with them, as I once I saw Amy/Becca, heck, even Izze leaving, I shut the relationships down to keep it less complicated with Melody.

Personally, I would like to see expanded story lines with Becca and Amy. Also, if there was a story line that very late into the game your turned Sophia from casual into a committed relationship, that would be interesting too.
Yeah I can never do anything but Melody's LOVE Perfect Ending. Did the Good ending once when I first downloaded it, thought it was sad, and wrong, and never did it again. Never touched any of the other girls at all. I have Lain's Walkthrough/Gallery mod installed, and have had it since I first got this game a few weeks ago, so if I ever get curious enough to watch the other scenes I can, but I won't.

One game, one girl <----my VN philosophy

Reactions: Tor7

Tor7

Jun 10, 2021
You will move away along with Rebecca though. Same with Amy I assume, I have never played through that path. As for the points, 400 should give you the Perfect End plus the office bonus scene.
lol the 403 points did give me the perfect ending and office scene, but I still missed out on 2 points somewhere and I don't know where. I probably kissed somewhere that I needed to hug or something. Shrugs. I'm not OCD enough to go back and figure it out, but it still bothers me.

Oh and I figured the MC would move away, but that would end the game much sooner (or so it seemed.) As I actually ended the relationships when they were moving further away, I'm not sure how long the relationship could have lasted, but, I would have liked to have a full relationship with either Amy or Becca while still helping Melody to succeed, even if I never became Melody's boyfriend/lover.

IDK, is there a "good ending" where you end with someone besides Melody? (If you answer that question, use "spoiler" please, as that's what I'm going to try to do next.)

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
lol the 403 points did give me the perfect ending and office scene, but I still missed out on 2 points somewhere and I don't know where. I probably kissed somewhere that I needed to hug or something. Shrugs. I'm not OCD enough to go back and figure it out, but it still bothers me.

Oh and I figured the MC would move away, but that would end the game much sooner (or so it seemed.) As I actually ended the relationships when they were moving further away, I'm not sure how long the relationship could have lasted, but, I would have liked to have a full relationship with either Amy or Becca while still helping Melody to succeed, even if I never became Melody's boyfriend/lover.

IDK, is there a "good ending" where you end with someone besides Melody? (If you answer that question, use "spoiler" please, as that's what I'm going to try to do next.)
I believe there are solo endings with Amy, Rebecca, Izzy, plus the BAD ending going back to Bethany

Tor7

Jun 10, 2021
One game, one girl <----my VN philosophy
How do you decide for a brand new game that has multiple characters? Melody is a little different as it is very clear that she is the "main" character of the story and everything basically revolves around her.

Now that I think about it, Melody is only the 2nd VN I have where you can actually opt out of relationships with other characters and still progress the story line. Sisterly Lust is the other one. Most of the ones I've played, only a half dozen, you have to participate with others to progress the story lines.

What others do you recommend that allow you to continue with only one relationship?

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
How do you decide for a brand new game that has multiple characters? Melody is a little different as it is very clear that she is the "main" character of the story and everything basically revolves around her.

Now that I think about it, Melody is only the 2nd VN I have where you can actually opt out of relationships with other characters and still progress the story line. Sisterly Lust is the other one. Most of the ones I've played, only a half dozen, you have to participate with others to progress the story lines.

What others do you recommend that allow you to continue with only one relationship?
Sisterly Lust (I adore Bella and her LOVE route, only route I play) was one of my first few VNs (after Milfy City and Acting Lessons in that order) and most of the game listed in my signature you can follow only one girl, just depends on how complicated you want the other stories or the main story to be.

I always find the girl I tend to want to focus on very early in games (like CoBD, Leap of Faith, etc) to where you don't have to do anything with anyone else if you want to and keep everything platonic. Games like Intertwined you can also do that as well, but you have to deal with other characters' stories to progress. I am always undyingly loyal to my specific girl in a specific game and I never stray.

In some games I use walkthrough mods to specifically turn off other girls' routes so I can only be platonic with them and never do anything sexual with them. It's how I get my enjoyment out of them, especially with games like Melody. I can't get enough of this game and the relationship steps progression. I just love it so much.

It just all depends on what you're looking for to be honest. After giving up a certain game I went on a blitz of only downloading finished games because I have enough I'm waiting for to be done with their development. I must have about 15 or so VNs on my hard drive right now and have played more than that I wound up not keeping because I don't like the endings or where the plot goes.

I like my romance, my love without too much added in drama. In Melody, there's a bit, but not much (mostly concerning bitch Bethany and scumbag Steve) but that turns out at one point to be almost comedic.

It's all in personal taste and even though mine might not be as refined as other veteran players, I like to think I've made many good choices with games and the girls I stay loyal to in them.

Reactions: Tor7

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
yea besides melody and 3some ending which leads to good ending. subendings are nice.
MFF/MFFF are never my thing in games. I think the only game I have that in is Parental Love (MC/Elly/Ada - only because it's my favorite ending in that game as well) but it's no something I really enjoy choosing or watching. Even with gallery mods I have, I never look at the scenes that are unlocked with them. I guess it's my viewpoint or how I am in real life and all.

I said it before in this thread, in my opinion this game is all about Melody, and her career, not about building a harem or a threesome thing. To me, that's being selfish and not allowing her to become the star she obviously was meant to be and WANTS to be. To me, those are the selfish endings where you have her and either one or both of the other girls in a mini-harem, and I also see it as her mother would NOT want that for her.

Not what this game is about in my eyes. Yes it's a game, and not real, but to me, all of those other things are just temptation, and luckily, nothing I care to see or choose. The other girls never did anything for me in this game and this is one of the very very VERY few games where I have a redhead as a LI (the other game is HH)

But Melody's solo love story is so good and feels so right and gets me very emotional at times when I run through it. Just the kind of person I am.

Tor7

Jun 10, 2021
But Melody's solo love story is so good and feels so right and gets me very emotional at times when I run through it. Just the kind of person I am.
I ran through Amy's path last night and it definitely felt wrong. I was more attracted to Amy as her age is closer to my real life age and I'm not as interested in young college girls in general. However, I have to say, it was quite, as you said previously, hollow. There was so much let down and loss in the game, even if in the end it seemed to be the "best ending" for Melody that I actually felt sad when it was over. Knowing what I know now, I'm unsure if I'll run a Becca story line or not. I assume it'll be pretty much the same as the Amy path, just with Becca. Not really sure.

I really loved the different stages of the Melody story arc. I loved learning more about each other, getting closer and spending more time together, comforting her and guiding her. All these things make a very compelling and enjoyable game.

Now I do have to do a pregnancy run through still...

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
I ran through Amy's path last night and it definitely felt wrong. I was more attracted to Amy as her age is closer to my real life age and I'm not as interested in young college girls in general. However, I have to say, it was quite, as you said previously, hollow. There was so much let down and loss in the game, even if in the end it seemed to be the "best ending" for Melody that I actually felt sad when it was over. Knowing what I know now, I'm unsure if I'll run a Becca story line or not. I assume it'll be pretty much the same as the Amy path, just with Becca. Not really sure.

I really loved the different stages of the Melody story arc. I loved learning more about each other, getting closer and spending more time together, comforting her and guiding her. All these things make a very compelling and enjoyable game.

Now I do have to do a pregnancy run through still...
You're probably not going to like the pregnancy ending with Melody. I felt it very sad, very wrong. This game, with her, is so uplifting, so romantic at times. Like you said, watching their relationship progress, grow; friends, good friends, best friends, first kiss, them admitting they like each other, etc. I have a save page just for those major steps including the Perfect Ending.

Anything else than that in this game is just wrong in my opinion.

To be honest here, I got this game about two weeks or so ago. I've played SIX times in those two weeks because I just love it so damn much. 5 Perfects, 1 Good (out of curiosity) and I have to admit I am head over heels in love with this game. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many screenshots of this game I took.

It's just so good.

Tor7

Jun 10, 2021
You're probably not going to like the pregnancy ending with Melody. I felt it very sad, very wrong.
LoL You're killing me! Now I'm dreading doing that and I just want to see it. Sigh.

To be honest here, I got this game about two weeks or so ago. I've played SIX times in those two weeks because I just love it so damn much. 5 Perfects, 1 Good (out of curiosity) and I have to admit I am head over heels in love with this game. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many screenshots of this game I took.
I got the game a week ago. I did 4 run throughs getting "good" endings (2 of the games were just reverting to earlier saves at major decision points) before I finally looked at the walkthrough to get a perfect ending. I thought the initial song/book hardness quizzing might have more impact, but once I saw the walkthrough went with the easy ones.

Sigh. Think I'll do my Becca run (and cry) tonight and then attempt the pregnancy run (and cry) next.

I have no desire to try an Izzy run through (felt that was a VERY shallow relationship) and no way in hell I'd ever got back to Bethany! Heck, I'm not even happy with how Stove turned out in the perfect path either. Why can't he just be an asshole you never hear from again? Why do you have to try and make him a sympathetic foil? Grrrrr.

Edit: Side note: What's your favorite game, excluding Melody & Sisterly Love... I'm gonna try that next.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
LoL You're killing me! Now I'm dreading doing that and I just want to see it. Sigh.

I got the game a week ago. I did 4 run throughs getting "good" endings (2 of the games were just reverting to earlier saves at major decision points) before I finally looked at the walkthrough to get a perfect ending. I thought the initial song/book hardness quizzing might have more impact, but once I saw the walkthrough went with the easy ones.

Sigh. Think I'll do my Becca run (and cry) tonight and then attempt the pregnancy run (and cry) next.

I have no desire to try an Izzy run through (felt that was a VERY shallow relationship) and no way in hell I'd ever got back to Bethany! Heck, I'm not even happy with how Stove turned out in the perfect path either. Why can't he just be an asshole you never hear from again? Why do you have to try and make him a sympathetic foil? Grrrrr.

Edit: Side note: What's your favorite game, excluding Melody & Sisterly Love... I'm gonna try that next.
alright, this is how I do things:

My avatar is always my #1 game and girl, so it's been City of Broken Dreamers for a long, long time, and the girl is Katie. Milfy City is my co-#1 with Caroline, and Melody is #2.

You can try City of Broken Dreamers, and maybe Leap of Faith (especially for more sadness, love and a few tears) & Intertwined is very good too. And of course there's Acting Lessons, which REALLY messed me up for almost a week. Avalon is very good too, but it's not a game where you make choices, you just really click through and watch the story unfold, but it's very good, and can get very emotional. I suggest if you do Avalon, pick Octavia, and do the Monogamy route. You'll see what I mean if you play it.

FYI, only the easy quiz books give points by the way.

When it comes to Melody's pregnancy ending, well, you'll see. I mean, she's 19 and wants a music career right? You'll see what happens. Let me know what you think when you completed it.

Reactions: Amedeeaa

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
I always try to pick the most wholesome girl in each game for a "true love" feel to it. I personally don't think I've ever been wrong in my choices there. In most if not all my listed games in my signature, I can pretty much say I'm very happy with the girls and the games I've chosen to play.

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes