4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

Tor7

Jun 10, 2021
When it comes to Melody's pregnancy ending, well, you'll see. I mean, she's 19 and wants a music career right? You'll see what happens. Let me know what you think when you completed it.
Thanks for the games info... as for the pregnancy, well I actually really liked it. Little Melissa was so cute and when she was a toddler and I called and she said "Hi daddy" and "I love you daddy", I almost cried. My youngest of 4 is in high school and it's been a long time since I heard "daddy". (When I hear "I miss you 3000" I tear up too.)

I did do the Becca story line too. It was pretty much the same as doing the Amy one, but I there seemed to be a little more content and I think it complimented the MC life better than with Amy.

The perfect ending is clearly the best. Here are my rankings:
1) Perfect
2) Pregnancy
3) Becca
4) Regular Good
5) Amy
(Did not do Izzy or Bethany, and it didn't seem like you could do a Sophia or Xianne ending either.)

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Thanks for the games info... as for the pregnancy, well I actually really liked it. Little Melissa was so cute and when she was a toddler and I called and she said "Hi daddy" and "I love you daddy", I almost cried. My youngest of 4 is in high school and it's been a long time since I heard "daddy". (When I hear "I miss you 3000" I tear up too.)

I did do the Becca story line too. It was pretty much the same as doing the Amy one, but I there seemed to be a little more content and I think it complimented the MC life better than with Amy.

The perfect ending is clearly the best. Here are my rankings:
1) Perfect
2) Pregnancy
3) Becca
4) Regular Good
5) Amy
(Did not do Izzy or Bethany, and it didn't seem like you could do a Sophia or Xianne ending either.)
No Xianne & Sophia are only part of Melody's ending if you want a MFF or MFFF.

The thing I don't like at the pregnancy ending is that she's 19, with a kid, at home, while he's touring. Yes she may look happy, but I would think she'd be happier living her dream, not singing at a nightclub or taking care of a kid almost alone while he's out touring.

It's not fair to her at all, and as cute as it may be, I just think it's really wrong. It actually made me blow smoke out of my ears because none of it is fair to her. You know what I mean? I mean, like Sophia said, it's not the 50s anymore.

That's my take on it at least.

I get 405 points every run I do and I can never ever not do the Perfect ending again. Just how I feel about this game and it's pretty strong.

Tor7

Jun 10, 2021
I mean, she's 19 and wants a music career right?
This is the first game I've played where the MC is actually significantly closer to my age I would guess late 30's, unless I missed some details. I know he was with Bethany for 8 years and she was a fan girl. But how long did he play before he met her? And he did go to college too.

Usually the MC is college aged or right around there (granted I've only played a half dozen VNs.) So I actually identify closer with the MC in this game than I have in any others and Melody's age actually bothers me because she is so young. That's why I liked Amy at first, because she was 31 & more mature.

With Melody, you are looking at almost a 20 year age gap... Although the game doesn't show it, Melody has daddy issues. She doesn't know anything about her father. Arnold has clearly stated that she is not his child and his actions show he doesn't feel as if he is her father. She gets feelings for someone who would be her father's age, who is her mentor and an authority figure. Makes perfect sense.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
This is the first game I've played where the MC is actually significantly closer to my age I would guess late 30's, unless I missed some details. I know he was with Bethany for 8 years and she was a fan girl. But how long did he play before he met her? And he did go to college too.

Usually the MC is college aged or right around there (granted I've only played a half dozen VNs.) So I actually identify closer with the MC in this game than I have in any others and Melody's age actually bothers me because she is so young. That's why I liked Amy at first, because she was 31 & more mature.

With Melody, you are looking at almost a 20 year age gap... Although the game doesn't show it, Melody has daddy issues. She doesn't know anything about her father. Arnold has clearly stated that she is not his child and his actions show he doesn't feel as if he is her father. She gets feelings for someone who would be her father's age, who is her mentor and an authority figure. Makes perfect sense.
He's a little older than Amy yeah, so probably near 35 or so, so we're talking probably a 16 year age gap between them. I mean I'm 46 and I don't like the fact that with the baby ending, she has to stay home all day with the kid while he's touring doing what she wants to do. To me, it would almost plant the seed of regret or resentment if it were a real-life issue where a woman's career gets derailed over motherhood.

I mean I'm sure in the Perfect ending in some timeline they probably do have a kid or two at one point, but who knows.

Tor7

Jun 10, 2021
The thing I don't like at the pregnancy ending is that she's 19, with a kid, at home, while he's touring. Yes she may look happy, but I would think she'd be happier living her dream, not singing at a nightclub or taking care of a kid almost alone while he's out touring.

It's not fair to her at all, and as cute as it may be, I just think it's really wrong. It actually made me blow smoke out of my ears because none of it is fair to her. You know what I mean? I mean, like Sophia said, it's not the 50s anymore.

That's my take on it at least.
You are totally right there. I over looked that. She never stated that she wanted to have kids (correct me if I'm wrong) and I do believe that she would get resentful having to be a single mother while he was on tour. I've been a single parent. That sucks. And even having friends/family watch the kids from time to time, that's not the same as having 2 parents there.

I'll have to do another run and see if I get get 405. Still no clue what I missed that cost me the 2 points in my first perfect run. Shrugs.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
You are totally right there. I over looked that. She never stated that she wanted to have kids (correct me if I'm wrong) and I do believe that she would get resentful having to be a single mother while he was on tour. I've been a single parent. That sucks. And even having friends/family watch the kids from time to time, that's not the same as having 2 parents there.

I'll have to do another run and see if I get get 405. Still no clue what I missed that cost me the 2 points in my first perfect run. Shrugs.
It's probably something very little, one interaction, that's why I use the walkthrough mod & the walkthrough at the same time. I've hit the perfect every time except for the pregnancy run. Since then, I'll be damned if I don't hit 405 every damn time.

And no, she or he never mentioned anything about wanting kids the entire game minus the one joke she pulls on him at the hotel in her bunny outfit.

tommo1707

Sep 28, 2020
Trying all the endings one by one. Got Melody normal good ending first time round. Second time I pursued just Sophia to see how it played out!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
despite Bethany being an absolute word removed she is hot! I was hoping for some makeup sex at the end there!! haha.

Melody / Sophia lesbian route next. Great game. Cheers.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well mc was working to bring food to table and like i said earlier doubt he was touring 365 days per year.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
well mc was working to bring food to table and like i said earlier doubt he was touring 365 days per year.
Yeah I know that, but still she's home still dealing with a kid alone while he's out living his dream, she's glued to the house, maybe singing once or twice a week at a club, but is she doing that while he's on tour? Probably not.

To me, it's a sad ending, and most certainly in real life would build resentment or regret of some kind all because he didn't pull out when he should've. Just another teen superstar that could've been something.

I guess I dig too deep into these games, but if I was her, I know for sure shit I'd rather be on the road playing to packed houses or arenas every night rather than changing shitty diapers or dealing with taking care of a kid 24/7 waiting until he gets home, and for how long?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
WE don't know how much her hubby is away, he might be at home most of week or month and he might be playing drums when she sings on club and she might eventually get back to recording but since canon ending is superstar we won't know what their family life was in long run.

SlightlyPanda

Jun 19, 2021
Really enjoyed the game. Though a big criticism that i have is the lack of information involving choices. I encountered many choices that just happened to be random choices. You have to hint and lead up to those choices. Really took me out of it a couple of times. Also the word keen came up way too much. In any case i had an enjoyable time with this novel. Best of luck in the future.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Really enjoyed the game. Though a big criticism that i have is the lack of information involving choices. I encountered many choices that just happened to be random choices. You have to hint and lead up to those choices. Really took me out of it a couple of times. Also the word keen came up way too much. In any case i had an enjoyable time with this novel. Best of luck in the future.
I got this game about three weeks ago and I immediately downloaded the walkthrough, and the WT mod for it. Turns out, the walkthrough .PDF is 66 pages long, which I personally wasn't ready for but it does give you a little bit of an idea why you're doing or about to do a certain choice, but it did seem a bit random when I first played.

Also, completely agree on the "keen" word over-usage. I'm going to go through my pure Melody run starting soon and am going to count how many times "keen" comes up throughout the entire game. Guessing low to mid 20s, maybe more?

• Haha
Reactions: Tor7

Yjae

Jul 24, 2020
is the game have engaging story with interesting characters and lovable heroines to have fun with??? :geek:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
That she is not a playable character does not make her any less important. At least that is the way I see this matter.
nope. she's main char in this game but protagonist is guy who teaches etc her.

Reactions: Jumbi

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
That she is not a playable character does not make her any less important. At least that is the way I see this matter.
Well, to be honest, there are a few choices as Melody you have to make, and there are a few choices as Sophia you have to make, most of them concerning Xianne. It might not mean she's playable in the traditional sense, but certain options and questions you have to ask DO come from either one of them that DO drive the story, however small, forward.

So, take that as you want

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Typically we call them Main LI (Love Interest)
Main girl
Focus girl (The game has her name after all)

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes