4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
why melody had a navel piercing in 1 random render in mid of game? lol
He was probably experimenting with a look, or side-story involving it and forgot to turn it off. Though, I'm surprised he didn't just take it out post.

LeonJKennedy

DSO Operative
Donor
Mar 15, 2021
It's been a while since I've played the game, but that sounds about right. There's an Izzy ending, for sure. It's abrupt, but then all the non-Melody endings are, kinda. Only the Amy ending achieves any actual weight, because it's the only ending that makes real-world sense. But one of the two/three Melody endings are pretty obviously where the game's steering you.

The inflection points for all the ancillary characters are laid out in the walkthrough; basically, never get into a situation where Melody finds out you're having sex with her aunt or that you're shedding points to be with someone else. Personally, I see no reason to deny Xianne access to the gorup sex, and in any case the playthrough and ending on the small harem route are virtually identical whether or not you choose to include her.

If you read back a zillion pages you'll see that many people feel the pregnancy ending is morally dissatisfying. I'm one of them. I think it devalues everything the game built. But, obviously, there are always people who disagree. It's a sweet ending, but I don't find it satisfying, and I also think it's a betrayal of the narrative's purpose.

This is why I suggest that you play all the other endings first, before going back and devoting yourself to Melody. The "superstar" ending is worth the wait. This isn't a deeply complex game — that's not what this particular team does — but it's a vastly more mature game than DMD. And the very obfiously preferred ending reflects that maturity. You're rewarded for acting as an adult, unlike in DMD.
Okay, so I finally got all endings. Took me longer than I thought it would. And I did it as you said, played all other endings before finishing with the superstar-ending. Personally, I felt that the Amy and Rebecca endings were the weakest. MC and they hadn't known each other for long enough for it to have been realistic to move in together IMO(Or rather, move cross country for them. It made a little more sense moving in with Melody but it was still very fast). Izzy's ending I can understand since they've known each other for so long and MC has had a crush on her. And as you said, the pregnancy ending did not feel right at all.

For me, the writing was one of the game's weakest parts. or the language rather. The grammar was on point but the language felt so stiff and weird at times. All in all, I thought it was a great game. Certainly not the best but good nonetheless.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well this was somewhat quickly started so they continued getting money from patreon.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
For me, the writing was one of the game's weakest parts. or the language rather. The grammar was on point but the language felt so stiff and weird at times. All in all, I thought it was a great game. Certainly not the best but good nonetheless.
Agreed. In both this and DMD (I haven't touched their other game yet) it's so stilted and simple, as if it's being written down to a dull twelve year old's level or something. No one ever says anything interesting, though they sure do speak their internal narratives out loud a lot. The games are so thoroughly competent (I mean that as a compliment), but the writing leaves much to be desired.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Agreed. In both this and DMD (I haven't touched their other game yet) it's so stilted and simple, as if it's being written down to a dull twelve year old's level or something. No one ever says anything interesting, though they sure do speak their internal narratives out loud a lot. The games are so thoroughly competent (I mean that as a compliment), but the writing leaves much to be desired.
When I first got this game and after doing my first pure Melody Superstar ending run, the initial thing I did was go through the entire script and remove a lot of the word "keen" that littered the entire game. I then fixed some grammar, and some lines meant for Melody were said by the MC, so I had to fix that.

I then added a few lines in the Superstar/Perfect ending about them having a future with children, Melody & the MC retiring from music, etc. I did a run yesterday and noticed I still have a bit more cleaning up to do. I agree though that the writing isn't that great in places, but I've seen worse in games (Lancaster Boarding House & Life with Mary come to mind) so it could be a whole lot worse.

Crystaldom

Feb 14, 2020
When I first got this game and after doing my first pure Melody Superstar ending run, the initial thing I did was go through the entire script and remove a lot of the word "keen" that littered the entire game. I then fixed some grammar, and some lines meant for Melody were said by the MC, so I had to fix that.

I then added a few lines in the Superstar/Perfect ending about them having a future with children, Melody & the MC retiring from music, etc. I did a run yesterday and noticed I still have a bit more cleaning up to do. I agree though that the writing isn't that great in places, but I've seen worse in games (Lancaster Boarding House & Life with Mary come to mind) so it could be a whole lot worse.
You should also get rid of the "hey" at the end of the sentence. As in "We had a nice night hey?". I happens quite a lot in the story. I know it's popular in England but it's clumsy.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
You should also get rid of the "hey" at the end of the sentence. As in "We had a nice night hey?". I happens quite a lot in the story. I know it's popular in England but it's clumsy.
Yeah I took out many of those too. Once I give the entire script some final run throughs and revisions I'll upload it and try to make it a mod for download here

Reactions: Regardie

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
I'd enjoy that, but no pressure. :)
Yeah it's basically like editing a book, especially the later weeks once you get deeper in with the girls and the routes. It hasn't been easy at all doing any of this. I usually keep a thesaurus around when I'm editing it, so I can change up the words and not overuse what I'm doing or using.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
This game never fails to pull at my heart. It has to be at least near my 30th time doing the Superstar ending run and I'm also checking out my re-written script. The more I do with that, the more I see, makes me wonder fi I can get a MODDER badge for this since it's the 3rd game I've re-done the script to.

May 9, 2020
I'm trying to get the Superstar ending! But somehow i don't have enough points and it ends with nothing!
How do i get enough points?
I have only Melody as girlfriend and nothing else ...

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
I'm trying to get the Superstar ending! But somehow i don't have enough points and it ends with nothing!
How do i get enough points?
I have only Melody as girlfriend and nothing else ...
You have to have at least 385 points to get the Superstar ending OR all 7 Piano Keys. Getting 400 points will net you an extra sex scene with Melody after the Epilogue that's Christmas related

Don't get Melody pregnant
Don't date any other girl
Even the smallest +1 or +2 choices you don't take during the game can mean disaster. You have to pick all the right choices all the time; whether it's in the lesson plans, what shirt to wear or song to choose, etc.

Now, if you want it, there's a .PDF walkthrough that's pretty damn long (66 pages) but it goes deep in-depth about what to do and what not to do.

Here's the link:

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/12/513335_Melody_-_v1.00_Walkthrough_FINAL.pdf

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
wow that's very helpfull! I'll try that, thanks for the fast answer!
You're welcome. The only route I ever do in this game, and have done it at least 20 or so times. Just be careful with your answers, even to other girls like Amy or Sophia, as sometimes the right answers to them gives you points towards Melody's score.

Good luck

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes