VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Melody [v1.00 Extras] [MrDots Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

eddie987

• Atrractive female characters
    • Multiple paths you can take and multiple endings
    • The freedom to chose which girls you'll pursue as a l.i.
    • Choises that actually matter and make a difference to the story's progression.
    All and all it's a well written game with very good renders and animation, interesting characters with enough differences between them (in terms of appearance and behavior) and replayability.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

The Panty Sniffer

Great story, great game, great renders has a actual sense of writing unlike most creators and has u hooked the only problem I've had with the game are the animations and some of the endings and story felt drag out and not much thought was put into it and i felt certain parts of the game were boring other then that it's a good game
  3. 5.00 star(s)

skyrimhunter97

This is a perfect game along with Mr. Dot's other game Dating my Daughter. Both of them have realistic settings with most real looking girls. None with huge unrealistic looking breast (Something he joked about in the game), great beautiful and unique looks that were not taken from other games.

My favorite part of these games is that the Dev connected both of his games with a few camos and references from his other game, along with other games like Being a DIK, Teaching Lessons, and others.

Also, if you are like me and hate when the Main Character is a huge pervert who wants to bang anything with a pair of tits, then this is a perfect game. It forces on character building and learning about characters long before anything sexual happens. Though, I've seen a lot of people call him a "Blue-Balls game maker" because of the less sex and more story.

Anyways, I rate this game a perfect score and can't wait for this to continue and Dating my Daughter, along with any other game he might make in the furture.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

xfam0us

The animations and renders are great.
    The dedication from the developers is also great.
    Personalities of the characters is well built up, however the story is really not that good in my opinion.
    This game had a chance to build into something great, however the story continued into a typical success story that always ends the same way, with a happy ending. Never ever could i expect anything less but the perfect scenario, which we always got in this game.
    The main idea with the story (Melody being a singer / rockstar and getting famous) is very bland but still could have been more norm - breaking in my opinion.

The game is still enoyable, if you care for what i consider to be a pretty boring story. Because the visuals are great and the side characters are pretty good imo.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Zoey Raven

The depth of emotion and the love and care that went in to making this
    project are clearly evident throughout. I really have nothing at all bad to
    say about this game. From top to bottom it is just about perfect. So much
    content so many paths. Lot's of laughs, a few cry's and just stunning
    animations, renders and top notch writing. For me this game outclassed DMD even though I love that game as well.

I was a music Major in college so maybe I'm biased, but they really nailed all those bits as well. Can't recommend this game enough. MrDots team just knocked it out of the park.
    Beautiful game.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

oysterkeeper

The game is rather basic but the models are cute and it's pretty endearing. I enjoyed playing it but it is really vanilla.

It's a great story for romance lovers.

It's not a perfect game by any stretch but it definitely is rare for such a polished game to be completed. It's worth a shot for sure and I believe this is / will be the best game to come out from Mr Dots.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

jack brisen

Really enjoyed the game , gives me a good and bad taste since it´s one of my favourite game and unfortunately is ending
    It has Awesome renders , awesome characters , a great storyline.
    Thanks to the devs and mrDots for providing this game :D
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 996313

I really enjoyed this game. That the game now has found an end makes me happy and sad at the same time.
    Mr. Dots, You and your team did a great job here with the character development and took us on a beautiful and nice journey.
    I hope to see Melody again. Thx for this game.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

2mdlhaJL

good story . . . .
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Badtanker63

I like it. It's a decent story line with only a few things that I find a little off. like after her ex-bf smashes her guitar she leaves and that ends the game. So I learned to save before major choices. Instead of that the MC or Melody could just lay his ass out which would have been the normal everyday thing to do. but it's not my vision of the game to do so can live with it. Like this one so been keeping a close eye out so thanks for bringing it out.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

leokratos17

one of the best histories till now i ever played
    very good plot, very good models and very well options and routes to choice very wisely and multiple endings even with the game not finished yet

Melody have ingame music and original songs, very well worked and this dev deserve a 5 star for sure
  12. 5.00 star(s)

gtpman

Some of the best designs, excellent animations and good, complex, but not too complex story telling. This is easily in the top 5 of adult games that I’ve ever played. Also, playing this game -if you don’t use mods- going to leave you with some new knowledge, real-world questions.
  13. S
    2.00 star(s)

Spareaccount1

Having seen the high rating and activity on this game's thread I took the time to play this through over the last few days.

Pros:

- It plays nicely, I didn't encounter any bugs or problems with it mechanically.
    - Backgrounds are decently done.
    - Isabella/Rebecca are rendered very nicely, Isabella in particular looks to be a much higher quality render than the others.
    - There was a lot of effort put into crafting the story.
    - The side cast for the most part can be very interesting, and we get the best sex scenes when with Isabella, Rebecca, Amy or Sophia.

Unfortunately there are far too many cons in my personal opinion to let me rate this anything higher than a 2/5.

Cons:

- While there was clearly a lot of effort put into the story, it's also incredibly bloated with flowery writing and scenes/dialogue that are just wholly unnecessary. The plot meanders far too often in what feels very deliberately done in order to lengthen scenes and conversations - this has the effect of making the scenes feel very unnatural to read as people generally wouldn't speak in such a verbose way.
    - Melody/Sophia's renders look to be of very low quality, especially when compared to Isabella or Rebecca. Their body shapes are very tween-ish, proportions are odd, texturing isn't fantastic and they frankly look pretty young tbh.
    - MC is so passive it is very hard to take the character seriously at all. He's in his 40's and lacks any backbone whatsoever. I began to get frustrated with him very early on in the game and that feeling only intensified as the game continued.
    - Sex scene animations leave a lot to be desired.
    - As the main love interest, Melody is quite dull. Conversations and scenes leading up to the romance felt far too scripted and forced rather than giving the sense that the MC may fail. The points counter is very easy to manipulate by scrolling back until you pick the right option. Melody rarely has anything of interest to say and the sex scenes seem to follow the same script each time. 1>2>3>4>Cum.
    - The music choices are pretty odd, but then this is just personal opinion like everything else.
    - The storyline of Bethany and Steve was just awful.

Overall I didn't find myself enjoying the game very much. There were good moments, a few good sex scenes and some funny bits and pieces. It doesn't really amount to much considering just how long it takes to separate the wheat from the chaff.

When it comes to their next game, whatever it may be, I would suggest they either hire a new writer, or hire a professional to give their writing solid constructive criticism. I feel that would really help them out in the future. I would also suggest that much more work goes into the character models, making them look crisper, more natural and more age-appropriate for what they are meant to be.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

DrakteisckyG

What happened to this game?
    It started with a decent set up and halfway through became boring beyond reason.
    The game devolved all the possibility it opened in the beginning into a very linear experience with the problem that the dialogues and story are meaningless, repetitive and unreasonably long.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

arms99

One of the best adult VN out there.

Pros:
    • Awesome renders
    • Good animation
    • All the female characters are stunning
    • Plenty of romantic option to choose from, depending on your taste
    • Lots of H action
    • Well written
    • Satisfyingly long updates
    • Updated monthly (except for every third month where we get DMD update)
    Cons:
    • None
    The amount of content for each update and the short length between updates makes MrDots one of the most deserving creators on Patreon. Melody is definitely one of my favorite adult games and I’m looking forward to see how it ends. Can’t wait to see what else MrDots has in store for us afterwards. Keep up the good work (y)
  16. 1.00 star(s)

Ceesko

First of all the good:

Good renders with variety of body types, both busty and slim.

The mediocre:

The writing, It is okish but is rather bland, like dry oatmeal, but this is just the symptom of a larger problem which I will explain in the bad section:

The Bad:

The main character, he is absolutely bland. There is nothing at all interesting or exciting about him. He is "spectator mode" made manifest. Him not having a face also contributes to this (makes kissing scenes, extremely awkward, like if they were kissing the screen, who thinks this is a good idea??) The MC never takes initiatives in anything and just awaits like a robot until all the girls by the power of magic throw themselves at him. This makes for a boring story with no tension and no build up. There is zero stakes in anything... As a result there is no feeling or excitement when the sex renders show up, they all feel so robotic an awkward.

The sex scenes itself follows a hilarious progression of unlock kissing --->unlock handjob--->unlock Blowjob--->unlock sex (missionary) --->etc just LOL real sex and intimacy is never like that or follows a particular progression. Just ridiculous as a result you always know what comes next... It is so vanilla and boring and coupled with the MC being such a passive he always awaits for the girl to tell him come on fuck me now!!

Another horrible thing that demonstrates the juvenility of the writing is that the dev is obsessed with touching boobs and ass. Always when kissing you have to grab breasts or touch ass like 14 year old going through puberty and experimenting with his first girlfriend. This is absolutely ridiculous. Once, twice or even thrice is fine and hot, but the more you do it the more it becomes stupid and the MC looks like a horny awkward, unable to talk to girls 14 year old.

All the female characters in the game have very similar personalities. They could really all be shades of the same person. It is always (She, virgin girl, with a friend who is experienced and wild whom has a secret crush on the virgin girl and they are all just waiting for a magic dick to unite them lol)

Much more can be said about the abysmal qualities of the main character and the writing but I think what I wrote is enough for a review.
  17. 3.00 star(s)

Wolfbanne

Renders are good and the "game" choices are relevant-ish...

The reason it only gets 3 stars from me is that the story is VERY in depth and drawn out and frankly kinda boring and written as though for the "twilight" crowd. The MC is of course adored by every woman he runs into being that he's such a loving and thoughtful gentleman (naturally), but it's kind of hard to see why since he's got absolutely no game when it comes to women and bumbles through and questions every move he makes ad nauseam.

I could also do without the MC's internal dialogue of the upcoming days events and then summary of the days events each night....I hate it when they waste time like this on TV shows and it's even worse when reading it. It's completely redundant and unnecessary....but then so is about half the dialogue in this game. To be honest I find myself nodding off while reading my way through, it's bloody boring!

In short; this game feels like a romance novel with Fabio on the cover, hair flowing in the wind minus the puffy pirate shirt and with much less action than you'd expect from a romance novel. The renders and sex scenes are good but few and far between and the MC is led like a puppy dog on a leash in and out of the bedroom by every woman he meets. Grow some balls MC, women like that!!
  18. 4.00 star(s)

aaroncarter

This a good game.

The characters are interesting enough, the story is well laid out, the dialogues are really good, a little verbose at times but all the story is filled with intelligent and often interesting thoughts and remarks. You can tell the author really put himself into this and he definitely did a great job.
    This music themed VN is all in all a pleasure to read and to play, never goes over the top and everything progresses at a believable pace. The renders are very good.
    So far I have no real complaint, apart from the fact that every relationship you might have with any girl besides Melody forcefully remains just a side story, with long stretches of in-game time without any content. That is understandable since the main plot revolves around the relationship between the protagonist and Melody. OTOH, more content with Amy or Izzy especially would be very welcome in the future updates.

As for the bad stuff...
    There's no music in the game apart from a few (not very inspiring) songs while Melody performs live. No music anywhere else. This surely must be improved. Especially in a game about musicians!

All in all, though, a quality game.
  19. 2.00 star(s)

popabear

Bland boring story I found myself button-mashing to get though. The pacing is super slow. The distance between "hot" scenes sometimes feel like a marathon. A lot of "date" and cafe scenes were just super boring and added very little to the story. Surprisingly almost no music in a game abut musicians. The game feels like a long tease to finally get 1 creampie with melody in the end. I do not care about condoms, pregnancies and pulling out in a fictional game. That shit is real life problems and adds NOTHING in a fictional story. Rather, it detracts from what could otherwise have been a portrayal of people getting too hot and horny to care about anything. If the passion is great enough even real people IRL will risk pregnancy. Not these fictional thots though. Makes the sex in the story feel transactional. The game's redeeming quality is the art and animations, which sometimes is great. I loved the from-behind scene on the hike, too bad my faggot MC decided to pull out from an otherwise steaming hot scene and ruining it. Also why can't I fuck the blonde? This game is 98% tease and 2 % hot action. That last 2 % is pretty fucking good, but it really REALLY felt like a chore getting there.
  20. M
    2.00 star(s)

markthomas

I played this game first when I originally found f95 and adult games in general. At the time I thought it was pretty good and donated to the devs. Having played a multitude of others, I now have a good aggregate of games to base a review on.

Story:

It is not unlike Dating My Daughter. It's meandering and there is so much unnecessary dialogue that makes little sense. You're supposed to be seeing this game from the MC's point of view, but you also see Melody's thoughts at times when you're in the MC's PoV? Why? That makes no sense at all. There is also a strange writing style that doesn't fit the supposed age of the characters. They are all entirely too formal and well-spoken to be believable as the ages they're meant to be. (This point will be repeated later.)

The girls are all too willing to hop into MC's lap after almost no wooing at all. I realise this is a common trope, but this game seems to want to be doing something more than that - in which case it's failed.

Music:

What music? For a game about a musician and her musician teacher, the only music that plays is when someone is playing an instrument. The song choices are just as bad as the decision to only have music at those points. "Mom's spaghetti?" Please, devs.

Art:

This is where I have a major problem. I had the same one with DmD and it's going to be echoed here.

These characters are supposed to be 18-20ish years old. Not only do most of them react to things like bratty 12-14 year olds, they also LOOK like 12-14 year old girls, albeit with silicone breasts. Their body proportions are just ridiculous. Their heads are too big for their bodies, their scale is the same as a young tween girl (aside from Isabella and Rebecca who look somewhat normal), even Amy the aunt looks strangely out of proportion.

I thought it was a limitation of the software the first time I played it through, but after playing many other games (Milfy City and F.I.L.F spring to mind immediately) and also playing DmD I've realised that this was a deliberate choice by the creators again to make characters who look far younger than they are supposed to be.

It's revolting to realise you're supposed to be fantasizing about a bunch of girls who look so immature. (Again, discounting Rebecca and Isabella who look fantastically normal and goes to prove the Dev made Melody and Sophia look young on purpose.)

Antagonists:

I don't really need to say a great deal here. Steve and Bethany are ridiculous as antagonists, both in their motivations and their actions. Awful writing. The resolution to their plotline was just as bad. I don't know what the writer was thinking of when he gave us that scene, but all it did was serve to show they were never a real threat, and that MC has absolutely 0 balls whatsoever. Insulting is how I would word it.

Verdict:

It has a good build up story-wise if you're willing to suspend disbelief. Overall the art and character writing stop me from giving this anything above a 2/5 star, though if I were being more impulsive I would give this a 1/5.

The art style is a sticking point and really, truly makes me uncomfortable. This dev has done it in two games now, it's clearly done on purpose and that, to me, is wrong.