4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

kmeans

Apr 25, 2018
Ok, so i played the first version but have played any of the updates since and now Im having trouble getting the newest one to work. everytime I finish extracting all the files at the end it tells me "Youll need to provide administrator permission to copy. I am not great with computers so any help is appreciated and its on a windows computer

yankee77

Apr 12, 2018
well.... it seems it disappointed me abit.... no harem.....
hmmm... you guys made a disappointment on dmd.. and i said my disappointments about dmd.... not really being dmd but instead becoming more and more like "dating my daughter's bestfriend" or "dating my officemate"......
PLEASE DON'T DO THIS PATH ON THIS.
this is called melody.... and somehow the "mini characters" gets focused on... and they pretty much have the attention of the gamer instead of focusing on melody.
you don't build a story for a character that you spend 3/4th of the time playing it and somehow the climax of the story is on the other...
summary notes:
no matter what you choose on this update... you will still end up there..... for melody
if you are excited about the mini characters feel free to play this..
for honest melody path.... still not there... just hope it won't take the time like dmd does...69.....lol how many months has it been...

Reactions: Londo_Mollari
U

User_130505

well.... it seems it disappointed me abit.... no harem.....
hmmm... you guys made a disappointment on dmd.. and i said my disappointments about dmd.... not really being dmd but instead becoming more and more like "dating my daughter's bestfriend" or "dating my officemate"......
PLEASE DON'T DO THIS PATH ON THIS.
this is called melody.... and somehow the "mini characters" gets focused on... and they pretty much have the attention of the gamer instead of focusing on melody.
you don't build a story for a character that you spend 3/4th of the time playing it and somehow the climax of the story is on the other...
summary notes:
no matter what you choose on this update... you will still end up there..... for melody
if you are excited about the mini characters feel free to play this..
for honest melody path.... still not there... just hope it won't take the time like dmd does...69.....lol how many months has it been...
I have to say that I disagree with you on how both stories are going.
1: D.M.D.
When you are dating someone, they ARE your best friend.
The emphasis has come off of their thinking about being father and daughter, because they are becoming more comfortable with the idea of falling in love the way they have been.
What we see and read in that story is what they think and say, so obviously as they become more comfortable with it, they think and talk about it less.

2: Melody.
Obviously Melody is one of the stars of this story, but frankly, the story would get boring, if she were all that were involved in his life. Like D.M.D, Melody tells the story from the guys point of view. He is apparently handsome and single, not to mention someone that would be found interesting by many women, because of the life he has led.

As someone who also has written adult stories, it is important to add variety if you want to get as many readers as possible. In the past, I have written one off custom stories for people that I know, and in those cases you can focus all of the attention on a single character.
But in adult stories where you hope to gather a wide selection of followers you have to give something different for them.
For example: They say that if a Muslim dies fighting for his religion, he gets 72 virgins. Fuck that! I want 72 sluts that know what the hell they are doing.
Some people wish for innocence, but some are looking for naughty and to produce a successful AND popular story, you have to give them both.

3: Melody, and D.M.D.
The main female characters are sweet, and innocent in many ways, but not everyone likes sweet and innocent.
Both stories also include the young friend, who is basically the school slut, because some readers would prefer going after either just her, or perhaps both,
if they can corrupt the innocent one enough.
Also, both stories have older women who are closer to the main male characters age, because again, some may prefer going after them, instead, or also, or even the harem route of all of the above, which is still a possibility in both stories.
He could easily hook up with the aunt, and with the state her relationship is in with her step father, he could become a father figure to Melody and be there to help guide her future music career.
Also, keep in mind that if the guy gets the harem to quickly, it is basically game over, because then each new release would just be more fucking, and less story.

As for the length of time the stories can go, think about this.
The creator is doing this for money. He gets paid for it, so as long as he can keep the story going, and interesting, people will continue paying to get the updates.
Think of it like this.
You hire a contractor to build you a house, and tell him that you will pay so much of the cost every month until it is finished. You do not not set any details about what you want in the house, other than four walls, a roof and a floor, but price is not an issue for you..
He can build you a house quickly, and you end up with a prefab log cabin near a nude beach, or he can take his time and build you a detailed luxury home with a very intricate design on a tropic beach.
With the quick route, you get to see boobies right away, but with the luxury model, you eventually get the boobies, exquisite scenery, a much more compelling structure, and a whole lot more in the form of a compelling and interesting life.

If he ended the story in just a few issues, he would be spending a lot more time creating the new graphics and looks for the new characters, and even less time on the new stories. The graphics are not super easy to create. It takes time just to decide what you want in the way of looks for the characters, and then creating those looks in a 3D modeling program. Then you have the backgrounds and scenery to create, for every single day, scene and chapter.
D.M.D. is still extremely popular, and the fans still wait sometimes for months for a new update, because the story is still good enough to keep their interest.
19 comes out the 26th of August and people have already been posting about it in expectation, in it's thread in the forum.

If you paid enough attention in the Melody story, you may have seen where it is possible that she and her tutor, may be much closer than the story even talks about. Something that could bond them together for the rest of their lives, even if they do not date. Something that involves both her mothers and the tutors lives in college.
And if that turns out to be true, then the story title would still perfectly fit, even if he ended up hooking up with the slutty friend instead, and never laid a finger on Melody.

These stories have multiple paths and endings, because not everyone wants the same thing when playing them. If they all led to the same conclusion, there would be little point in our having any choices in the game.

Remember, he was hired to be Melody's tutor, not her boyfriend. The relationship path chosen is entirely up to the individual players choices.
The decisions that you make determines how the game ends for you.

jaydem

Sep 8, 2017
Just gonna throw in my two cents worth, I'm in no way disagreeing with the current argument.

I'm going to put it bluntly, The title of the game is "Melody"....not "Dating Melody", not "Getting Married to Melody", and certainly not "Fucking Just Melody, Till She alone Carries Your Love Child".

I think it's more like your decision, who you'll bang and marry, and that Melody is really the Catalyst that started your life change...aside from that cheating whore of an ex, that thinks she can have her cake and eat it too.

You could end up with Amy, because of Melody, You could end up with Becca, because of the Melody job, and you could end up with Izzy, partly because of ex, but continued because of Melody.
Izzy may even not get the job, and decide to move in with the MC and live the quiet life, in love.

Arguing about Melody's role and side character's roles may be pointless, if the dev decides or has already planned for the characters, to either:
1) all characters that are datable or fuckable, are considered main on your choice....so no side characters if you are going for them.
2)Maybe not going for a harem, so to speak, but it's possible that whomever you go after, may allow open relationship or open marriage.
3) He may just have an awesome ability in writing and create a harem in some manner, for those of us that love that shit.

In conclusion, I love your all of your thoughts, you guys are awesome!! I'm just not going to think one way or the other till the game is finished, that's when you'll definitely know for sure....Lol!!………………...Peace!!

U

User_130505

I don's see it as an argument, but it seemed that he was looking at the stories in a narrow manner, and not from the point of view of a writer.
So I just pointed out a few things to open his eyes, so that he could see that not everyone would be going for the same things in the stories.

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
To jump in on what's being discussed. Even if it is called Melody and that's all you want to do. Its not very realistic to just interact with one person. It also doesn't seem too hard to limit interactions with "side" characters if that's what you want to do.

U

User_130505

Exactly. These stories are multiple choice, with different outcomes for a reason.
Not everyone will want to follow the same path.

Shaggy69

Jun 19, 2017
on week 5 , I am unable to escape Amy's Dinner invite. I only get "reply to her" option and then meet her only to plan the dinner. Any idea guys?

Anonny

♥ Ren'Py Fangirl ♥
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
on week 5 , I am unable to escape Amy's Dinner invite. I only get "reply to her" option and then meet her only to plan the dinner. Any idea guys?
Before you reach that scene, go into the relationship menu (click on Melody's face on the top right corner), click on 'Other Girls', and lock Amy's relationship. It's a bit of a funky way of doing things but MrDots mentioned he'll add a patch to it soon so you don't have to do it through a menu.

Reactions: Shaggy69

Shaggy69

Jun 19, 2017
Before you reach that scene, go into the relationship menu (click on Melody's face on the top right corner), click on 'Other Girls', and lock Amy's relationship. It's a bit of a funky way of doing things but MrDots mentioned he'll add a patch to it soon so you don't have to do it through a menu.
Cheers Annony :)

mgtoons

Jul 25, 2018
Wow! Such great quality. Can't wait for a new update. Top notch. I really enjoyed the animations.

U

User_130505

There is no sig banner for melody listed in the first post, but this post here later on shows a good one that should be listed for members to use.

Reactions: Krull and Les_Riggs

Anonny

♥ Ren'Py Fangirl ♥
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
There is no sig banner for melody listed in the first post, but this post here later on shows a good one that should be listed for members to use.
That awesome sig along with many others like it are designed and created by @Krull
All credits go to Krull's original posts, but here they are for the curious and those who want to use them. :biggrin:

And here are two bonus wallpapers of Rebecca, also made by Krull!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes