4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
As stated in yellow text in the main post, picking female or futanari makes all feminine characters one or the other. There will not be an option to mix as that would drive the complexity up to another level. The promotional pictures show that these feminine characters will have both sets of genitalia. There are no trans or dickgirl love interests.

Relationships and sex with all feminine love interests is unavoidable. However there is still some level of control, I'll give another breakdown.

Male MC:
  • Unavoidable (part of the story):
    • Gets into a relationship and has sex with all feminine love interests and the female/futa MC.
    • Penetrates all love interests.
    • Is the default father for all children.
  • Optional:
    • Become involved in a bisexual relationship with another male. If rejected, this choice would lock off male love interests entirely.
    • Be penetrated by a love interest. Any options to penetrate the male MC are not locked on when chosen and show up for each individual circumstance. For example, the player can say "yes" to the male MC blowing a futa, but "no" to receiving anal even if he had done the opposite in a previous scene with the exact same person.
Female/Futa MC:
  • Unavoidable (part of the story):
    • Gets into a relationship and has sex with all feminine love interests and the male MC.
    • Penetrates and is penetrated by all love interests.
  • Optional:
    • Become involved in a relationship with another male. Only available if the male MC accepted male love interests as well. For example, if the male MC accepts the male love interest and the female MC rejects him, then the male MC would be the only one with him.
Universal:
  • Certain kinks can be skipped. See Developer Notes in the main post for more information.
  • The player always retains the option of whether or not the male MC can be penetrated.
  • The player always retains the option of whether a male love interest can penetrate a feminine love interest.
Ultimately, if you are uncomfortable with another male being present in a scene with the female/futa MC or a group scene with the feminine love interests, then simply don't pick the choice to enable him to be involved any further than the male MC (or at all).

-

That's honestly as clear as I can make it. If anyone reading is still unsure, then this probably isn't the game for you. You need to be a little more adventurous than vanilla to get enjoyment from playing. I'm not going to be offering alternatives to any scenes outside of the female/futa divide. So if you skip over anything, the sex scenes will just be shorter.
"As stated in yellow text in the main post, picking female or futanari makes all feminine characters one or the other."

I saw the female mc being futa or female being optional in dev notes in a seperate line & thought it was a seperate choice from the other choice(of futa/female LI). I was aware that the rest of the LI gender was same, just thought fmc would have a different variable since she was a mc & was mentioned seperately in the dev notes. My mistake.
I was gonna go female mc + futa LI, but with this clarification, female mc wins.
(Wish f95 would seperate futa/trans. 80+% of this tag is trans, so I just assumed. Oops :oops:)

Thanks for the detailed explanation. My question is basically this:
(Edit: Statement 1 is redundant. Kept it to keep the numbers in order. Ignore it)
Statement 1. The player always retains the option of whether or not the male MC can be penetrated.
Statement 2. The player always retains the option of whether a male love interest can penetrate a feminine love interest.
Statement 3. Female mc Penetrates and is penetrated by all love interests.
my question is basically this:
Is the female mc considered a feminine love interest by the 2nd statement's standard?
Or is the 3rd statement that prevails & male LI is is considered 'all love interest' who penetrates the female mc without option, once you choose/allow their interactions?

I get the whole huge group thing, but among all those girls, 1 of them is a mc, so was just curious how much control we get over that. I get girl on girl & futa on futa is unavoidable (which is fine, just an incentive to go female).
Just wondered if it's possible to introduce a male into the group without him getting his dick wet with the females. Statement 2 answers that. Just not sure if it applies to fmc, cause of statement 3.

Edit: Or is it that, when you say optional in statement 2, you meant the option to keep male LI away from the others in the harem? And choosing to accept the male into the harem fully leads to him penetrating the females? :unsure:

Ultimately, if you are uncomfortable with another male being present in a scene with the female/futa MC or a group scene with the feminine love interests, then simply don't pick the choice to enable him to be involved any further than the male MC (or at all).
I'm hoping we can include the male LIs in such scenes without having him penetrate anyone (him getting penetrated by the females is fine. Or licking them. Just avoiding their dicks getting wet by the females, like bj/vaginal/anal)

Personally I'm hopin we can fully integrate the male LI options into the harem without any penetration from their dicks by taking advantage of statement 2, assuming fmc is considered feminine LI as well.

"I'm not going to be offering alternatives to any scenes outside of the female/futa divide. So if you skip over anything, the sex scenes will just be shorter."
Personally I'm not a fan of alternatives either. If you give 5 alternatives exclusive to each other, you are just getting 1/5 of the content for all the work you put in. Avoiding scenes ppl don't like without getting anything as alternative is fine with most ppl tbh. So don't worry.

Played this on 1st release, will wait for chapter 1 before trying again.
Futa seems messy (with all the unavoidable penetration) so thanks for the female option (y) (Which is ironic since I think I found this game from the futa/trans tags page :ROFLMAO:)

PS: Better to save all these points in a document. This probably won't be the last time someone asks similar questions. So you can just copy paste the points (y)

Last edited:

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
my question is basically this:
Is the female mc considered a feminine love interest by the 2nd statement's standard?
What I meant by the term "feminine love interests" was non-MC characters who could be futa or female.
Or is the 3rd statement that prevails & male LI is is considered 'all love interest' who penetrates the female mc without option, once you choose/allow their interactions?

I get the whole huge group thing, but among all those girls, 1 of them is a mc, so was just curious how much control we get over that. I get girl on girl & futa on futa is unavoidable (which is fine, just an incentive to go female).
Just wondered if it's possible to introduce a male into the group without him getting his dick wet with the females. Statement 2 answers that. Just not sure if it applies to fmc, cause of statement 3.

Edit: Or is it that, when you say optional in statement 2, you meant the option to keep male LI away from the others in the harem? And choosing to accept the male into the harem fully leads to him penetrating the females? :unsure:

I'm hoping we can include the male LIs in such scenes without having him penetrate anyone (him getting penetrated by the females is fine. Or licking them. Just avoiding their dicks getting wet by the females, like bj/vaginal/anal)

Personally I'm hopin we can fully integrate the male LI options into the harem without any penetration from their dicks by taking advantage of statement 2, assuming fmc is considered feminine LI as well.
From what I gather, you would like to include a male love interest in your playthrough but have him be the bottom only? I did have that option in my previous project Fantasy Dating. For example, the futa MC would only grind on the male love interest's penis if the player chose for her not to be penetrated. I'm still rewriting the first male love interest and his intro scene, so I'll consider it but I'm not going to guarantee I will go in that direction.

I'm trying to wrap my head around what would happen during the first sex scene between him and the female MC. They kiss, but he doesn't go for penetration and asked to be pegged instead? The reason I did something similar in Fantasy Dating is that the MC was futa only so setting the story in a culture where the existence of futas made being topped as male a normal part of everyday life was a necessity.

I guess I could do the same hand-waving for Ménage à Moi and just make all of the characters okay with pegging by removing its taboo aspect. That is kind of how I envisioned it for the male MC in that he would never be viewed as "unmanly" or "perverted" by any of the characters for being the receiver of penetration. Instead, he would be considered as having consensual heterosexual relations with a feminine partner and no one ingame would be shocked anymore than accidentally walking on him having traditional sex. Oddly enough, this also means any female/futa having sex with another female/futa would still be considered lesbian and slightly taboo unless I remove that as well.

Although, even if I made a bottom-only route, I would still make the scenes of the male love interest being a top. Anyone choosing to make the male love interests bottom only would miss out on a substantial amount of parts of that character's sex scenes. I'm not sure if that would make it worth it, but perhaps players may like the character and relationship building enough to be okay with that.

TBH, this discussion has given me food for thought. By moving up the starting point of male love interests, I hadn't yet taken into consideration these other lingering factors I was eventually going to have to deal with. I'm meeting with my assistant writer soon and we'll have to discuss this topic before I state my decision.

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

Those precisions from today are really interesting though it's difficult to see how it'll be implemented/take place.

Although, even if I made a bottom-only route, I would still make the scenes of the male love interest being a top. Anyone choosing to make the male love interests bottom only would miss out on a substantial amount of parts of that character's sex scenes. I'm not sure if that would make it worth it, but perhaps players may like the character and relationship building enough to be okay with that.
This part made me curious though. Will we be able to play as a switch? On the gay end, bottom and top. On the het end, "dom and sub" or "make it happen and let it happen" or "pegging : sometimes yes or sometimes no". What I want to know is : do we have to always chose one way only or will it be flexible? I'm a switch so playing gay games as only bottom or only top, even if I like the games, can become tedious. The same for het ones, playing only dom or only sub is boring. I want to be able to say : today I want to be the one doing everything and tomorrow I'll let you have your way and vice versa. Or should I say : I want to chose what I want depending on my mood and not because last time I had chosen one type and I'm forced to continue like that. The reason I'm asking is because you're saying there's some sort of negative consequences for chosing bottom/pegging options. I just hope I made myself clear enough for you to be able to answer though.

Good continuation.

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
Hello.

Those precisions from today are really interesting though it's difficult to see how it'll be implemented/take place.

This part made me curious though. Will we be able to play as a switch? On the gay end, bottom and top. On the het end, "dom and sub" or "make it happen and let it happen" or "pegging : sometimes yes or sometimes no". What I want to know is : do we have to always chose one way only or will it be flexible? I'm a switch so playing gay games as only bottom or only top, even if I like the games, can become tedious. The same for het ones, playing only dom or only sub is boring. I want to be able to say : today I want to be the one doing everything and tomorrow I'll let you have your way and vice versa. Or should I say : I want to chose what I want depending on my mood and not because last time I had chosen one type and I'm forced to continue like that.
My words about "bottom-only" were in reference to male love interests, not the MCs. There never would be a bottom-only path for the MCs, that would fundamentally break the story. The main options available for the male MC would be if he receives penetration and they are not going to be available for every scene. Sometimes it will just be him topping only.
The reason I'm asking is because you're saying there's some sort of negative consequences for chosing bottom/pegging options. I just hope I made myself clear enough for you to be able to answer though.
I think that was a translation error. There will absolutely not be any negative consequences for choosing options that allow the male MC to be penetrated. In addition, the common social stigma of being a bottom is not going to present either.

Reactions: Oliz82

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
What I meant by the term "feminine love interests" was non-MC characters who could be futa or female.

From what I gather, you would like to include a male love interest in your playthrough but have him be the bottom only? I did have that option in my previous project Fantasy Dating. For example, the futa MC would only grind on the male love interest's penis if the player chose for her not to be penetrated. I'm still rewriting the first male love interest and his intro scene, so I'll consider it but I'm not going to guarantee I will go in that direction.

I'm trying to wrap my head around what would happen during the first sex scene between him and the female MC. They kiss, but he doesn't go for penetration and asked to be pegged instead? The reason I did something similar in Fantasy Dating is that the MC was futa only so setting the story in a culture where the existence of futas made being topped as male a normal part of everyday life was a necessity.

I guess I could do the same hand-waving for Ménage à Moi and just make all of the characters okay with pegging by removing its taboo aspect. That is kind of how I envisioned it for the male MC in that he would never be viewed as "unmanly" or "perverted" by any of the characters for being the receiver of penetration. Instead, he would be considered as having consensual heterosexual relations with a feminine partner and no one ingame would be shocked anymore than accidentally walking on him having traditional sex. Oddly enough, this also means any female/futa having sex with another female/futa would still be considered lesbian and slightly taboo unless I remove that as well.

TBH, this discussion has given me food for thought. By moving up the starting point of male love interests, I hadn't yet taken into consideration these other lingering factors I was eventually going to have to deal with. I'm meeting with my assistant writer soon and we'll have to discuss this topic before I state my decision.
"From what I gather, you would like to include a male love interest in your playthrough but have him be the bottom only?"
It's less 'like to' & more like the result of conflicting preferences. Let me explain:
So I get that the polyamorius group is going to be like a wholesome family-like harem? I kinda like it. But I'd also like to have relationships with the male LI's. But just having them be with the Male mc only would make them feel like a side chick or mistress, not very appealing in the context of the whole child raising family dynamic. But I also don't want another male to penetrate the females, including the female MC. Hence this option/compromise, where the male is included in the family helping raise the children, but topping is only for the mc.
Also it's not 1 mLI. I'd like everyone to be together (given there are multiple mLI) without worrying about them topping the girls & mMC.
Them topping each other might be hot tho :unsure:

"I'm trying to wrap my head around what would happen during the first sex scene between him and the female MC. They kiss, but he doesn't go for penetration and asked to be pegged instead?"
This happens after the male mc has already been with him & given them the okay to be together right? So you could have it be a request from the male & female mc. Like "I really like you, but I have a unique connection^^(see last paragraph) with the male mc & would like to keep certain acts for him as the only male to do it to me. I hope you understand. I won't keep you hanging however. I know you enjoyed your time with male mc & i can make you feel the same." You can also include some pregnancy aspect, like birth control isn't perfect & theres some risk to penetration if they want mc to be the father only.
The male li obviously likes it (receiving anal) with the male mc & given that he likes the male mc too, he shouldn't turn down a request like that & try to get between the 2 mcs.

"I guess I could do the same hand-waving for Ménage à Moi and just make all of the characters okay with pegging by removing its taboo aspect."
I kinda like the subby aspect of the bottom role (the kink only, I don't think there's anything wrong with having such a preference). I don't think it's necessary to remove the taboo/kink part, but rather just make everyone accepting & understanding. It's a thin line, but basically you can have ppl humiliate the bottom in scene if they are okay with it, but clarify out of scene that that's just roleplay. (Just a opinion. I don't really care that much)
*Taboo* is sometimes more enticing rather than something negative.
Fully functional futa already takes a bit if hand waving, so you can just shape the world more (like the pregnancy rules about ineffective birth control) if you want ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

"Although, even if I made a bottom-only route, I would still make the scenes of the male love interest being a top. Anyone choosing to make the male love interests bottom only would miss out on a substantial amount of parts of that character's sex scenes. I'm not sure if that would make it worth it"
That's the player decision. Most players appreciate being able to avoid stuff they don't like even if it means seeing less stuff. Like many may not even choose male LI(missing whole scenes & making the game shorter), but people who do would surely appreciate the same controls for the male LI as for the Male MC
Player can choose each time male MC: give a blow job or receive penetration
Player can choose each time male LI: receive a blowjob or penetrate others.
You could build 4 labels for fMC/fLI+mLI:
Male licks female
Female blows male
Male fucks female
Female fucks male
Start with the 1st label as the base & include an option for the rest 3. Sure it might cut things a bit short, but I think ppl would like the ability to choose.
Lets say 100 ppl play. 25 don't pick male option. 25 like both(switch). 25 like top only & 25 bottom only. By giving this choice everyone can play. Sure 50% only get half the scene, but it's their choice based on what they like & dislike. If you make all 4 mandatory, 75% may be forced to avoid it due to not liking parts of it ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯.

Introduction of male LI into harems is still a sensitive topic, even more than trans LIs(the problem of which also roots back to them having a dick/being a male). I think the ability to customise that experience to their preferences will make more ppl okay to try that route, even if it means shorter scenes.

On a personal note, I like the MC to be dom/top only & while I don't usually play female mc games, I'd probably like it if the MCs topped everyone, including the female mc :unsure:

^^Also, special connection between the MCs would be nice to set them apart from the others. It's an equal relationship, sure. But since the players are playing through the 2 MCs, it'd be nice if they were more important & the head of the harem/family. After all every community/group/household has a head/leader/mayor etc. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

Either way, only do it if you can envision it for the game. (y)

PS: If you go the whole sub/bottom mLI route idea, I wouldn't mind if the mLIs get chastity cages(maybe too kinky for the story?) and/or use strap-ons on the girls. This is more debatable tho, since some may consider using strap-on on the girls as topping, while some might not care since it's not their real dicks. :unsure:
Just a random thought, just read it casually. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Alboe Interactive

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Nice start to the game, just had a question, can we expect the landladys/mothers to also be included in the harem considering there is an optional patch? Also, what is the relation/back story to Rico and Gabe? I only ask because their last names are different, yet Marta is considered Rico's mother. Did Marta marry Gabe after she had the MC with someone else?

I apologize if this was already answered, but if we opt to go with the futa version, will it be forced that Kiersten impregnates some of the other LIs? I like having the futa option and I don't care if the girls fuck each other in the harem, but I was hoping we can make sure Rico is the one knocking up everyone.

Last edited:

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
Nice start to the game, just had a question, can we expect the landladys/mothers to also be included in the harem considering there is an optional patch? Also, what is the relation/back story to Rico and Gabe? I only ask because their last names are different, yet Marta is considered the Rico's mother. Did Marta marry Gabe after she had the MC with someone else?
Yes, Marta married Gabe long after Rico was born. Unless I messed up, the game should ask you what is Marta's "married name" and what is Rico's "last name." For anyone hoping to jump straight into Rico and Marta or Kiersten and Carey getting with each other, I'll say right now those will be slow-burn relationships.

As to who is Rico's father, you will have to wait and see.
I apologize if this was already answered, but if we opt to go with the futa version, will it be forced that Kiersten impregnates some of the other LIs? I like having the futa option and I don't care if the girls fuck each other in the harem, but I was hoping we can make sure Rico is the one knocking up everyone.
I took some of my previous comments of mine in this thread and expanded upon them into an entire Behind the Scenes article on Patreon. I'm going to be publically releasing the whole thing once I finish fleshing it out but below are the relevant sections on pregnancy.

-

By default, the Male MC impregnates all Feminine Love Interests and is the father to all children. Basically, anyone with a vagina that the Male MC has sex with can be impregnated, including the Female/Futa MC.

Other options for players who want some alternatives:
  • The Female/Futa MC can impregnate and be impregnated by futanari love interests (futa path only and second option after Male MC).
  • Regardless of any sexual interactions (male or futa) the player can decide which MC is the father for each child. There will also be a random option that selects from all eligible candidates for those players who prefer to roll the dice.
The only unanswered question is the exact manner in which contraception works, but that's a problem for future me to deal with.

-

I want to assure current and future players reading that the sharing aspect is the main unavoidable part that is different compared to most other adult visual novels. Otherwise, the player retains control over the love interests and their interactions like more traditional AVNs. Especially when it comes to text-only stuff that doesn't require additional renders. I mean I could write an option that Zeus came out of nowhere with the chair and impregnated everyone without any of the visuals changing. But I'm not going to do something like that. In conclusion, including the parentage options I listed should satisfy almost all players.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Yes, Marta married Gabe long after Rico was born. Unless I messed up, the game should ask you what is Marta's "married name" and what is Rico's "last name." For anyone hoping to jump straight into Rico and Marta or Kiersten and Carey getting with each other, I'll say right now those will be slow-burn relationships.

As to who is Rico's father, you will have to wait and see.

I took some of my previous comments of mine in this thread and expanded upon them into an entire Behind the Scenes article on Patreon. I'm going to be publically releasing the whole thing once I finish fleshing it out but below are the relevant sections on pregnancy.

-

By default, the Male MC impregnates all Feminine Love Interests and is the father to all children. Basically, anyone with a vagina that the Male MC has sex with can be impregnated, including the Female/Futa MC.

Other options for players who want some alternatives:
  • The Female/Futa MC can impregnate and be impregnated by futanari love interests (futa path only and second option after Male MC).
  • Regardless of any sexual interactions (male or futa) the player can decide which MC is the father for each child. There will also be a random option that selects from all eligible candidates for those players who prefer to roll the dice.
The only unanswered question is the exact manner in which contraception works, but that's a problem for future me to deal with.

-

I want to assure current and future players reading that the sharing aspect is the main unavoidable part that is different compared to most other adult visual novels. Otherwise, the player retains control over the love interests and their interactions like more traditional AVNs. Especially when it comes to text-only stuff that doesn't require additional renders. I mean I could write an option that Zeus came out of nowhere with the chair and impregnated everyone without any of the visuals changing. But I'm not going to do something like that. In conclusion, including the parentage options I listed should satisfy almost all players.
Loved the game, very interesting premise, and I look forward to seeing more of how the story plays out. As for Carey and Marta as LIs, I like them both and have no problem with them on a more slow burn path. (y)

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020

TLDR: I spent a shit ton of time fixing stuff that broke, Kiersten's and Janine's models were rebuilt, and I finished creating the final character to be introduced in chapter 1 (part 3).

And to think, all of this happened because I wanted to take a short break lmao. FYI, Golden Palace still has a pretty serious issue with one of its scripts, be careful when using it or you'll end up insane like me.

Laehtsia

May 27, 2020
I drop progress updates usually on the last Sunday of the month. I will say that, after spending a while rewriting and fixing errors, I have resumed production on Chapter 1 Part 2. At the moment, I am working on the scene directly preceding this one.
How many parts does Chapter 1 will have ? Also when do you think futa x male will drop in the game ? :coffee:

Last edited:

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
How many part does Chapter 1 will have ? Also when do you think futa x male will drop in the game ? :coffee:
Chapter 1 was split into 3 parts.

As for futa x male, it depends exactly on what you mean. Do you mean the first time a male has an erotic scene with a futa? Then the answer is Chapter 1 Part 3.

Or do you mean when is the first time it becomes possible for the male to be penetrated by a futa? Unknown at this time. I know some players want to jump into that, and I do too eventually, but I need to be careful where I put scenes like that because a lot of players will skip over it. So it wouldn't be wise for me to make a sex scene that was exclusively about futa on male or pegging. For now, I'll just say it may be a few more releases after Chapter 1 is done before that option comes along.

REVAN.87

Oct 1, 2021
Chapter 1 was split into 3 parts.

As for futa x male, it depends exactly on what you mean. Do you mean the first time a male has an erotic scene with a futa? Then the answer is Chapter 1 Part 3.

Or do you mean when is the first time it becomes possible for the male to be penetrated by a futa? Unknown at this time. I know some players want to jump into that, and I do too eventually, but I need to be careful where I put scenes like that because a lot of players will skip over it. So it wouldn't be wise for me to make a sex scene that was exclusively about futa on male or pegging. For now, I'll just say it may be a few more releases after Chapter 1 is done before that option comes along.
Yes that true but the frontier between Teasing and Blueballs is very small.
Many games like Lunars Chosen and Star Mars have been able to pass this, most complicated step and find an original renewal, which is not always easy but not impossible.

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
Well I love Futa girls hope it gets shared with them but it's nice to know it's going to take a few releases for something like that to happen hehe waiting for that content makes it hotter and more desirable :D

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
Yes that true but the frontier between Teasing and Blueballs is very small.
Many games like Lunars Chosen and Star Mars have been able to pass this, most complicated step and find an original renewal, which is not always easy but not impossible.
Rest assured, I wouldn't advertise a release with only teasing as an "erotic scene". To me, sexual content is just that, sexual. Undressing, peeking, bikini slips, etc. fall under teasing. Only once there is some type of genital contact has the scene moved from teasing to erotic.
Well I love Futa girls hope it gets shared with them but it's nice to know it's going to take a few releases for something like that to happen hehe waiting for that content makes it hotter and more desirable :D
Thanks.

My intent is that players come for the erotic content (;)) but stay for the characters and relationships. The biggest issue I have with a lot of futanari media out there is the common theme of sex without context. To me, the appeal of adult visual novels is the stories and characters that are extended over a period of time. If I wanted to watch a bunch of one-off scenes with little connecting them, I would just watch a porn movie.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 2, 2019
My intent is that players come for the erotic content (;)) but stay for the characters and relationships. The biggest issue I have with a lot of futanari media out there is the common theme of sex without context. To me, the appeal of adult visual novels is the stories and characters that are extended over a period of time. If I wanted to watch a bunch of one-off scenes with little connecting them, I would just watch a porn movie.
For what it's worth, I stumbled upon it by way of tags, tried it for Kiersten's face alone, and will be staying for the story…and Kiersten. Marta, too. But mostly Kiersten. Well done and keep it up!

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020

TLDR;
I'm planning to release Ch 1 Part 2 by the end of May. I haven't been demonetized on itch.io yet, but backup plans exist for the keys just in case.

-

Before I get to the titled topic, I did want to mention that I am pushing to get Ménage à Moi Chapter 1 Part 2 out by the end of May. The header image above is spliced together from renders of an upcoming scene. "Production is going great" is kind of far as it goes for a progress update (amazing what can be done when I'm not fighting Daz issues). I thought this month's progress update was just going to be a positive-only post until a week ago...

For those unaware, despite claiming to be a host for NSFW content. The situation is still developing but the trend so far is . The reasons and communication from itch.io have been all over the place. I've read enough emails posted by other devs to know this is most likely another big push by payment processors (who are being pushed by anti-porn political entities) to end indie adult content creation. Succinctly, it doesn't matter how "vanilla" or not the game is or how much percentage of the revenue is shared with itch.io, any game featuring adult content may lose its monetization at any time.

So far I haven't received an email from itch.io stating they will no longer handle payments for my games, but I believe it's just a matter of time. Since itch.io keys are supposed to be part of a and tier rewards, all of my supporters may be affected. I do have a contingency plan in place so all current eligible supporters can continue to access the game on itch.io with a key. Due to the existing Patreon integration with itch.io, it may mean that only people who sign up on Patreon would be able to get a key in the future.

This whole situation just sucks. I wanted my supporters to be able to get a permanent key to play my games as an alternative to subscriptions. My current hectic production schedule means I'm nowhere near ready to get on Steam yet, so itch.io was supposed to be the one-time payment solution until then. As someone who grew up buying games on cartridges and CDs, I was accustomed to when you bought a game you owned the ability to play it indefinitely. This new era of digital distribution has some incredible benefits that were unimaginable at the time, but some huge caveats came along with them.

I don't know which way the winds of change are going to blow tomorrow, but I will do my utmost to ensure that my supporters get access to the content they paid for.

-

I feel for the devs got shafted by this sudden change. Especially if their game was denied on Steam because itch.io was really the only major alternative.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Glad to see you have a contingency plan. Personally I don't like how payment processors can dictate what is and isn't ok on the net. I find that they have to much power. Even over what is otherwise totally legal. I started to fear them and want to push back since the debacle with porn hub. My local government wanted to legislate in a harder way since Mindgeek was a local company (has been sold) but when master card pulled their support, we stooped hearing about those legislations in the news. They might not have gone anywhere. It was not the place of master card to dictate what is and isn't ok. And payment processing over the net maybe should be legislated to be forced to allow any legal transaction. It is starting to affect the lives of the everyday Citizen. If you think that it will be limited to porn think again. I am sure that this control will spill in other aspect of life after.

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes