Hunt4Bugs

Jun 4, 2018
Concerning pregnancy. Is there a way the MC can breed others, or is the game soley on her getting bred?

Pyksies

The Fae Agenda
Game Developer
Jul 22, 2020
Wait, wait, wait, you're the developer behind Flesh Cavern? Now that's a blast from the past, wow.

I had already played (and full completed/true-ended) Mercanoid on Itch.io last week, so I'm happy to see the game here now to hopefully get more people to enjoy it.

But, yeah, love your work. And as a counter to likely many around here, I'm one of the people who used the male-only toggle, so thank you for having that as an option.
I am! Pykrete Blue was my older alias. I still have my ULMF account, but haven't posted the game up there yet - truth be told, I'm not sure how active the site still is.

I lingered on the Quest5 engine for quite a while after cancelling development on Survive or Succumb, fiddling with Twine here and there. Eventually, Alex, the owner of Quest, stepped down and handed development off to one of its biggest users, Pixie, who had to basically reverse-engineer everything to resume development on 6/JS. After finding out that any games made on the next version of Quest would need to be rewritten anyway, I bit the bullet, ported my framework to Twine and made MERCANOID as a test platform for it, before that scoped into the game it is now.

Thrilled to hear you enjoyed it, and I'm glad the filters got use for you!

To Hunt: MC getting bred by Monsters in a few bad end scenes. Mio has no way of breeding others, to clarify.

Pyksies

The Fae Agenda
Game Developer
Jul 22, 2020
Indeed! Though you're only allowed to play if you've been good this year. Have you?

Ashenbones

Jun 13, 2017
I didn't have any expectations going into this but I am really pleasantly surprised. Well written and not sparse-feeling, automatic gallery unlocks, and proper gameplay as well. Really good job on this. I'll be looking forward to future projects.

Reactions: Pyksies

Pyksies

The Fae Agenda
Game Developer
Jul 22, 2020
Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I'm working on something new, but I'm upgrading my framework with a new module for it first: a Vehicle module.

As an aside, thanks to all who've played so far. Even with the download options, the engagement on Itch has sextupled (appropriately enough) today. ♥

Lumepanter

Dec 24, 2017
This is a very well written text game. Very enjoyable. Just saying it as someone who has no sight, the text is good enough it's possible to actually fantasize to it, given one has sharp enough imagination. Also like the worldbuilding, it's far enough from humans that almost anything can be built into it without actually looking offensive.

Pyksies

The Fae Agenda
Game Developer
Jul 22, 2020
This is a very well written text game. Very enjoyable. Just saying it as someone who has no sight, the text is good enough it's possible to actually fantasize to it, given one has sharp enough imagination. Also like the worldbuilding, it's far enough from humans that almost anything can be built into it without actually looking offensive.
Oh! Are you playing via a reader? I'm thrilled to hear the game works in such a way! And I'm glad you're enjoying it. And mm- my setting is entirely post-human, with Terra providing a great variety of different people and species, even before adding in alien races. I try to keep things well-detailed, but leave enough wiggle-room for people to envision things how they want: a furry can envision the In/Vari as a bit more anthro, for example.

AnonZeta

Jun 30, 2021
Looks interesting, not usually a fan of Tentacles but hell a good text hentai game with a female protag and breeding is something I have been lacking outside of Flexible survival, so I am going to give it a whirl

Pyksies

The Fae Agenda
Game Developer
Jul 22, 2020
In order:
You're welcome!
and,
I hope you enjoy! I'd say about half of the bad ends have a breeding focus, so you're quite well-represented here. ♥

Reactions: AnonZeta

herbz

Apr 30, 2018
Pyksies If you're ever tempted to go with another engine, check out Dryad Quest's engine. Its open source and I would not be suprised if it was inspired by Quest.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So what sort of mind control is in this, and how prominent is it? The fact that it's filterable leads me to believe that it's not a core theme, which is a shame. I've always wanted a mind control themed game about a sentient android, where reprogramming is portrayed as a form of brainwashing instead of just a normal thing you do to machines.

Speaking of the filter...

Filter harder kinks (consent-play, mind control/corruption and soft vore)
Is "consent-play" just a euphemism for rape to avoid being flagged for removal on some sites, or is it some kind of weird kink where you pretend to give consent?

Pyksies

The Fae Agenda
Game Developer
Jul 22, 2020
Pyksies If you're ever tempted to go with another engine, check out Dryad Quest's engine. Its open source and I would not be suprised if it was inspired by Quest.
I'm very happy with what I've accomplished in Twine, and plan on using the framework MERCANOID is built on for plenty more projects in the future. Given how long it's taken me to get to this point, making another engine switch at this stage would be questionable.

Furthermore, I gave it a look, poked around, but couldn't find any information on its engine from a brief glance. I'm sure the info's there, but not front and center. Or I'm blind today.

So what sort of mind control is in this, and how prominent is it? The fact that it's filterable leads me to believe that it's not a core theme, which is a shame. I've always wanted a mind control themed game about a sentient android, where reprogramming is portrayed as a form of brainwashing instead of just a normal thing you do to machines.

Speaking of the filter...

Is "consent-play" just a euphemism for rape to avoid being flagged for removal on some sites, or is it some kind of weird kink where you pretend to give consent?
There's one recurring enemy who's entire focus is Mind Control (with a saved/bad end split), there's one rescue-predicament which centers around Body Control, there's two Bad Ends with implied Mind Control and Corruption, and some more vague situations here and there. There's a Boss with mind-control abilities he may use (and a variation of his associated Bad End if you lose to that attack) that's alluded to in his Bad End. Finally, another boss has an extremely machine-specific method of brainwashing Mio using light-transmitted information which I personally think is quite interesting, which may interest you! So, it's quite prominent - enough to be filterable. But it isn't a core theme of the game, no.

As for your other question regarding Consent Play - yes and no. For one thing, bringing all matters of consent under a binary distinction of 'obvious consent' versus 'anything otherwise' allows me to filter out 'dubious' consent, which some might not consider outright rape, but that some may not be comfortable with. It simply means that if I, as the writer, am not confident that the scene comes across as fully willing - take any Loss scene, as an example - that I can still filter it for those who want or need it.

It's also an attempt to distance myself from the mood and emotions the word implies - generally speaking with the tone of my games, getting fucked against her will is an inconvenience, not a life-ruining event. Mio's grumpy, and she has a job to do. So, rather than getting into anything messy like 'well she's enjoying it, so it isn't!' or 'well she didn't outright say 'no'!', etc, etc, etc, it's just a broader umbrella for me to use.

I used the tag 'rape' here because that's the tag I've been given to use to describe that content. But for the sake of clarification, as mentioned on the filter's description - 'hard' rape is never going to be portrayed in any of my games.

Last edited:

Pyksies

The Fae Agenda
Game Developer
Jul 22, 2020
How prominent are the transformation and futa themes?
Transformation features prominently in two bad ends (alongside corruption themes), and there's a gaggle of futa enemies as an optional boss. Not much, but it's there, so it's tagged.

Klonoa723

Jan 24, 2022
Found this lil game of yours here after looking up new vore stuff, and, welp, read a word on the initial post that got me curious if, perhaps, among all the kinks you included, there might be a more peculiar/unusual one I... am into, uh

Pyksies

The Fae Agenda
Game Developer
Jul 22, 2020
Found this lil game of yours here after looking up new vore stuff, and, welp, read a word on the initial post that got me curious if, perhaps, among all the kinks you included, there might be a more peculiar/unusual one I... am into, uh
So: not like that, no, BUT...

Also it's not that unusual, I'm kind of into that myself. Unimaginable cosmic power!... itty-bitty living space.

Reactions: Klonoa723
4.90 star(s) 26 Votes