Klonoa723

Jan 24, 2022
Thanks for letting me know, was gonna check the game anyway, but was curious if perhaps I would've had my niche kink to look forward to, lol

Also it's not that unusual, I'm kind of into that myself. Unimaginable cosmic power!... itty-bitty living space.
Lmao
Heh, myself I like it when it's kinda like between realistic and toony, so, like, say a char cramped inside a small space which they could "realistically" fit into, if they're squeezed in enough~ :p

• Red Heart
Reactions: Pyksies

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
One question I have is that once your stats are high enough, you basically auto-pass stat requiring events, don't you? Which means it's impossible for me to fail things like the Mimic trap room, even if I want to. Unless I'm missing something?

Those sorts of bad end scenes aren't a part of the added to journal options, as far as I'm aware.

Pyksies

The Fae Agenda
Game Developer
Jul 22, 2020
The 'Mimic Trap Room'? If you mean the room to rescue Flakk (quest: Cybernetic Slip 'n Slide), that scene is added to your Fantasize menu if you complete the quest. If you don't mean this!... I'm not sure what/where you mean. There's a room where a Mimic attacks you automatically if you open the wrong locker, but that has nothing to do with Skill Checks.

The scenes for Slime Chasm and the Trapmaw are under 'Environmental', and are both unlocked if you bypass them at least once. There was a bug where Trapmaw's scene wouldn't unlock if you dealt with it via Handiwork skill - I fixed it, but I'm trying to remember if that was before 1.0.5, or if it's pending for 1.0.6.

Pyksies

The Fae Agenda
Game Developer
Jul 22, 2020
Sorry to hear that! Not much I can do about it, translating MERCANOID (or most Text Games, really) would be a big undertaking. Probably an expensive one, too.

Pyksies

The Fae Agenda
Game Developer
Jul 22, 2020
Why an android instead of a human?
This game takes place in the future of my setting, and Humans are extinct. Terra is host to a great variety of their descendants.

As for why an Android specifically... it's pretty intrinsically tied into the story of the game. If she was anything else, it wouldn't make much sense!

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
There was a bug where Trapmaw's scene wouldn't unlock if you dealt with it via Handiwork skill - I fixed it, but I'm trying to remember if that was before 1.0.5, or if it's pending for 1.0.6.
That might explain my problem. I may also just have not searched hard enough.

• Red Heart

Pyksies

The Fae Agenda
Game Developer
Jul 22, 2020
Well, I'm still not sure which scene you're having trouble finding! Still not sure what the 'mimic room' refers to, outside of a quest room that doesn't involve any make-or-break skill checks. I'm guessing Trapmaw, seeing as it's a chameleonic Monster. Did you take care of it using Handiwork, or did you jump over it/use Lift?

Edit: Ah, damn. I see what I've done now. Minor whoopsie in the code for the Lift -and- Handiwork options for dealing with it. Apologies! I've fixed it now, and added in an emergency workaround for save compatibility - in 1.0.6, when I upload it, stepping on the tile rendered safe by using Lift or Handiwork will check for the scene and unlock it if you don't have it. Thanks for the bug report, kinda!~ ♥

Last edited:

Hindmost

Oct 9, 2020
Thank you for posting, Pyksies. This looks like a great game!

I went to look up your older work and it seems that "Flesh Cavern" is caught behind a hell loop on that textadventures.co.uk site, where you cannot actually update or save your profile age. If you have it laying around and aren't lethally embarrased by it, could you share it here or in its own thread? It seemed like it would get positive response.

• Red Heart

Pyksies

The Fae Agenda
Game Developer
Jul 22, 2020
Thank you for posting, Pyksies. This looks like a great game!

I went to look up your older work and it seems that "Flesh Cavern" is caught behind a hell loop on that textadventures.co.uk site, where you cannot actually update or save your profile age. If you have it laying around and aren't lethally embarrased by it, could you share it here or in its own thread? It seemed like it would get positive response.
Being completely honest, The Flesh Cavern is old and short and simple. It's a very quick CYOA I made in 48 hours years ago when I had a cold. I'm flattered people remember it fondly, but I don't particularly care for it now.

I don't have the original files lying around any more. The downloaded version from textadventures probably suffices, but it's made in Quest 5, meaning it needs to be played in their Windows-only player!... or on that site, or hosted elsewhere via means I never actually learned.

(There's a lot of reasons why I moved on from Quest 5, but that last one's a doozy.)

This being said!... My own feelings about the quality of that work aside, preservation is important. And The Flesh Cavern is actually referenced in MERCANOID as a little homage to my origins. To that end:

to be played in Quest 5's desktop app. Windows only, sorry. Expect similar themes and kinks to MERCANOID, but it's a much smaller, simpler game.

And!...

, same as above, windows only, through desktop app. This is a game basically no one played because it's unlisted. Why? Because a lot of ULMF folks complained about the very same issue you've had, so when I made a second game, I underestimated just how much of the traffic it got was from textadventures itself. This one's fairly different - a mechanic working a human-cattle farm alone in space has to deal with the facility trying to process her when things go haywire.

If people want to give these old games their own topics, they can feel free. I don't particularly feel the need or desire to myself.

Jan 4, 2019
Only a little ways in, but so far really impressed with the game. The number of options in combat was a little overwhelming at first, but I've been enjoying the strategic depth since getting used to what each option does. The writing is also a treat, and the self-aware AI theme is really interesting sci-fi.

Cool that this is a reusable engine, cause the core interface is solid as well.

Yoloswagking

Sep 29, 2017
I am! Pykrete Blue was my older alias. I still have my ULMF account, but haven't posted the game up there yet - truth be told, I'm not sure how active the site still is.
wow I loved flesh cavern. I even created a word document just to look at some very hot scene without the "gameplay" before and with pictures added for the immersion.

hachi2069

Dec 19, 2020
Played it to the end and got the Good ending after doing as many sidequests as I could. While the combat system became a little repetitive by the end (at some point you just end up wanting to walk around the room without getting jumped by something that will at best die in three hits), I think it was overally really great and well written actually, would try to expound on my feelings more but I'll be honest I gave this thing three goes and my brain's a little frazzled at the moment, I need to drink something.

Overall though thanks for making this! Will recommend it to my friends.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: lilinus and Pyksies

kabixe

Nov 21, 2021
Great game, reminds me of CoC and TiTS. The NPCs are distinct and I had fun going through all of their dialogue options. The lore was interesting enough, with the different corpos and slang. The combat was simple and effective, though it did get repetitive so I turned down the random encounters.

qwerqwer1Q

Sep 27, 2018
Mio is absolutely adorable, really sets the tone, and makes you care about the world. Probably my favorite gynoid now.
I am less sure about the "6-8 hours playtime" if you read the descriptions, do the side-quests, and engage with the crafting system, but maybe that's not a bad thing. I don't know when I'll have time to finish this, but take $20.

One tiny point of order, any chance to add -/+ or numbers to the accessibility options in addition to the slider? When I tried adjusting the font size, the slider's position would jump, making the slider bounce around which was frustrating.

• Thinking Face
4.90 star(s) 26 Votes