Ren'Py Merging of the Stars [v0.5] [4PadGames]

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes

Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
Yeh, was intrested in playing this, but with his type of paywalling... 18 fuckin dollar for the newest release? Meh, no wonder his patreon stays small tbh...
Also this might be literally the 3rd remake. He already had them characters in 2 games already.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Also this might be literally the 3rd remake. He already had them characters in 2 games already.
Second. The original, My Office Story, wasn't going in the direction 4PadGames wanted. So, he decided to get more backstory and develop characters more fully. That effort began with MOS: Or, the Incredible Adventure of Huge Dick. The Ren'Py version of the game is just a port over to that engine; it's not a rewriting of the game I linked above or anything. This game, Merging of the Stars, is the second game in the series. It's meant to flesh out more fully what My Office Story had started a few years ago.

TL;DR: My Office Story got rewritten once, broken into multiple games: MOS: Or, the Incredible Adventure of Huge Dick, followed by Merging of the Stars.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
On Patreon it's already V 0.5 but here it's only 0.2 :(
It was quite awhile before this thread got updated. That might mean the thread will be behind 3 releases consistently, so when Patreon gets v0.6 F95 gets v0.3. If so, though, then at least it's to the point where more regular updates happen here. But I'm not really sure how that's all set up currently.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Visual novel

Suitable for players who just want to enjoy the story;
you see the continuous course of the story;
you don't waste your time wandering around the map;
all the story and erotic content is available to you;
some of the sexual content is unavailable.
So, the VN non-sandbox players get punished for not likin sandbox?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
So, the VN non-sandbox players get punished for not likin sandbox?
I'm not saying you should be fine with it, but this shouldn't really be that surprising. A large number of games that have both sandbox and VN versions do this type of thing. Sandboxes generally have filler content (like stop by an autoshop and shag some girl who's otherwise nonexistent in the game), so you tend to get more content in that version of a game. I can think of several games off the top of my head that are like this. You obviously don't need to like sandbox, but personally since I'm neutral on it I always play that mode when there's a choice so I won't miss side content.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
I'm not saying you should be fine with it, but this shouldn't really be that surprising. A large number of games that have both sandbox and VN versions do this type of thing. Sandboxes generally have filler content (like stop by an autoshop and shag some girl who's otherwise nonexistent in the game), so you tend to get more content in that version of a game. I can think of several games off the top of my head that are like this. You obviously don't need to like sandbox, but personally since I'm neutral on it I always play that mode when there's a choice so I won't miss side content.
I don't think I've actually played a game that has both. I play a couple sandbox games, but there's not much sandbox to them. Come Home is one of them.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I don't think I've actually played a game that has both. I play a couple sandbox games, but there's not much sandbox to them. Come Home is one of them.
Yeah, and I wouldn't expect you to if you dislike them. There are plenty of sandbox games that don't have a VN version to play, but when they have both it's pretty common for sandbox to end up with more content. Like I said, usually the extra content ends up being some side LI or w/e that isn't even really important to the story at all. But I'm sure it varies by game, ofc.
Agreed. But it is tagged as such. Not sure why.
And I definitely agree with SonsOfLiberty: that game isn't really a sandbox; there's one sandbox element, which also serves as a progress indicator. Technically it is, but it's not really what is typically thought of when the term sandbox is used.

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes