Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
Small update coming on April 30th, along with the next update "0.09" there will be support for Android OS and browser web support. These might have some issues compared to the more stable Windows/Mac versions, but I wanted to share that we're trying to cover more grounds for those who wish to play new updates on their phones or prefer not to download things. ^^

Update 0.09 should also have the minor annoying visual bug/issue regarding to the stat menu screen flashing/showing up between background changes. It shouldn't show it flashing anymore and should be back to normal, it's minor.. But thankfully one issue/bug from the list taken care of!

Just a update, anyone on the fence about supporting but aren't quite sure what to expect for size of updates each month being worth the money. Our sweet spot for new content is 3 new days added (9 sections, about 12500-15000 word count), 1-2 new sprite characters added, 2+ bg's added and at least 1 new cg if not 2.

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
Just a little news update concerning the above information.

Sadly there was some issues with Android support and so there won't be any official support from us regarding Android versions at least not monthly. We'd like to offer the option for the game once completed, but the progress with our game engine to get a working .apk for the game requires quite a bit of manual work with files that I personally lack the knowledge about.

Browser support should work fine, but will be uploaded to itch.io later tonight to see if it works properly or not. (hopefully it does)

This doesn't concern the public update 0.09, but with update 0.10 which just came out for patreon supporters. It had some issues with how we normally export the game, where Windows version seems to be fine so far. Mac version sadly isn't working currently and we're looking at options for how to handle Mac support for now. (someone has suggested running Linux WINE on a Mac os to run the Windows version as a work around, but it might be a bit more involved on your end to have it work this way and isn't fully supported by us in terms of issues that might result.)

The Mac version for update 0.09 (new public release) should be working as intended still, but if there's issues. Please let me know to look further into them.

Thank you all. <3

Fafeh

Apr 7, 2020
haven't played yet but was reading the comments about NTR (don't like it) so just to be sure. NTR is avoidable but there's specific girls who cheat on you so to not get the NTR i just have to avoid them right? but there will always be a NON NTR route?
*sorry if it's already asked but i'm still a little confused

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
haven't played yet but was reading the comments about NTR (don't like it) so just to be sure. NTR is avoidable but there's specific girls who cheat on you so to not get the NTR i just have to avoid them right? but there will always be a NON NTR route?
*sorry if it's already asked but i'm still a little confused
Just to confirm, NTR is avoidable. Without spoiling things, day 5 section 3 there's a option to avoid it. Otherwise there's two characters to be careful around, as they're the ones that would have it involved later in their routes. Those characters are...

tuShua

Oct 29, 2017
Was about to click it when I saw the diapers. On my part i feel sad, but i feel happy for my brethren with diaper fetish. Games with these types of fetish are rare and hard to find. I love the art too. I give it a 7.5-8 /10. I dig the blue haired woman as well. Girls that have a strong and scary personality are my type(at least she looks like it in the art). Winning their hearts is like conquering mount everest

might give it a try just to have a taste of it

Last edited:
Reactions: Messy Studios

tuShua

Oct 29, 2017
Just to clarify the game is meant to have a anime 3d look to it for the most part, this might be a cause of them looking underage but they aren't intended to be in that nature
It's alright. Some people will not dig it and others will find it disgusting. However, underage or pre-teens or as most call it "lolicon" are not illegal by international law since it is in the form of art and/or 2dcg,3d animation. It will only be illegal if it's a real life person. If people find satisfaction on a real life young girl, then they are a degenerate pedophile, and therefore should be dragged by the fbi

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
Was about to click it when I saw the diapers. On my part i feel sad, but i feel happy for my brethren with diaper fetish. Games with these types of fetish are rare and hard to find. I love the art too. I give it a 7.5-8 /10. I dig the blue haired woman as well. Girls that have a strong and scary personality are my type(at least she looks like it in the art). Winning their hearts is like conquering mount everest

might give it a try just to have a taste of it
Glad you can see the good in it, even with it not exactly being targeted directly at you. ^^ There's been a few who are off put by the subject matter on the surface, but give it a shot and either are still not happy with it or they see more to the game in a good way. Hopefully you enjoy it for the good!

Quality art, Is there plans for animation?
Thanks! ^^ There currently isn't plans for animation, but I wouldn't fully rule it out. It's more of a concern with finding an artist that could join us to animate some parts of the game, but it would most likely be a few months down the line from now still.

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
is there any plan to make ren'py ver?
I've had this question pop up before and I know there's some perks to having a ren'py project. I'd have to look more into it to consider what the process would be to "transfer" or port things over to it. I'd love to do it honestly at this point, so it's not out of question.

Once I have some more details on how to move things over to ren'py and make sure things are in working order, fixed up, etc. I'll most likely be trying to look at offering a ren'py version. Even if it's once the game is completed roughly around late summer of 2021, I'd like to offer it. Of course depending on the process for maintaining a ren'py version with or without the current engine. It might be possible to offer ren'py versions on a monthly basis, of course I'm mainly guessing as of right now.

But to sum things up, there is some talk about trying to either full on transfer the game to ren'py as it's default engine moving forward. But if that doesn't work out or what not, we'd still like to look into porting the project over to offer the option later down the road. ^^

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
link for win 32?
It doesn't work for win 32? :unsure: I'm not quite sure if there's anything I can do for win 32 support if the windows version isn't working by default sadly. I don't know if Ren'py projects work with win 32, but as mentioned later down the line. I'd like to port/transfer and make a Ren'py version of the game once completed.

DimitarM12

May 8, 2017
It doesn't work for win 32? :unsure: I'm not quite sure if there's anything I can do for win 32 support if the windows version isn't working by default sadly. I don't know if Ren'py projects work with win 32, but as mentioned later down the line. I'd like to port/transfer and make a Ren'py version of the game once completed.
oh okay..

• Sad

Bruhthooh

Jan 17, 2020
game doesn't seem to work for me? running 64bit windows and when i first open up the game, int he folder it's in there's no folders- only a few files, the game'll open and create a locales folder with no files in it, click new game and it says missing scene 1. restart and the app is opened in the taskbar but doesn't actually open.

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
game doesn't seem to work for me? running 64bit windows and when i first open up the game, int he folder it's in there's no folders- only a few files, the game'll open and create a locales folder with no files in it, click new game and it says missing scene 1. restart and the app is opened in the taskbar but doesn't actually open.
Hmm.. Just to gather some further information. Is this windows 7, 8 or 10 running as 64bit? (I doubt it should matter though or I'd hear more reports on this.)

This is with update 0.09 correct? (folder should be labeled as the update number)

Also just to check, so the game does open to the title screen but you choose "New game" and it pops an error up saying that it's missing scene 1? Or do you actually get through some dialogue text up until a choice before the game begins?

Just to also check, I don't know if it would affect the game from not finding scene 1. But if you moved "Messy_Academy_Reboot" app out of the folder, this might be a cause for it not being able to find and locate the scene. I figure most people do play by just leaving the app in the folder, but I am just trying to cover some bases to help figure things out.

The locales folder that is created being empty is perfectly okay, pretty much it'll be the area that your data for saves will go. Hence why it's empty at first.

Hopefully something above helps in getting things working for you, also what might help is to try completely uninstalling the game zip/folders and reinstall. I suggest downloading from MEGA link, as I personally manage the downloads with that hosting site. Not to say mods didn't do a good job, but it could be possible that maybe if you downloaded using one of the other hosting sites other than MEGA. Maybe when they uploaded things to another host site, it ran into some issues?

Either way, below is a screenshot to show how the game folder should look once you extract the folder from it's zip file. (this is before clicking on the app for the first time, hence no "locales" folder seen.)

folder2.png

Reactions: Bruhthooh

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
retried and it worked- guessing it was me changing the folder name that caused it to not work, ty. :)
Very happy to hear it's working! ^^

That is a bit odd if that is the cause, might not be a big deal to some. But I'll look into testing that and possibly see if there's a way to let the folder be named without it affecting things. ^^

Reactions: Bruhthooh

Bruhthooh

Jan 17, 2020
Alright, sorry to be a pest but opening it again after closing it prior and it won't open- is open in the taskbar but won't preview, taking 0% cpu etc. haven't modified anything since first loading it either, and i was able to run it for over 3 hrs prior. using windows 10. even though i saved multiple times the locales folder is still empty.

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes