Lynn

May 21, 2017
The game isn't bad, the problem is that they focus too much on scat, urination and NTR, even if you're not going for the girls in the NTR route, the writing constantly makes you feel like all the girls show more interest in other guys right in front of you.
The game literally features three other guys, and they're mostly absent. The events with them feel more like the exception rather than the rule.
Seriously guys, NTR does not mean "anything that doesn't involve the main character".

• Haha
Reactions: Messy Studios

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
The game literally features three other guys, and they're mostly absent. The events with them feel more like the exception rather than the rule.
Seriously guys, NTR does not mean "anything that doesn't involve the main character".
I'm trying to keep an open mind but there's also part of these comments that make me go "Hmm..." I'm not saying they're flat out wrong, but it's hard to address the NTR issues at hand that people seem to have and the wide coverage of that definition when pointed out clearly what makes it NTR.

As I've mentioned before, I'm not trying to fool or trick anyone with NTR content. Lola and Bridget are the only two that really have sexual stuff going on outside of the protag focus and that's mainly locked behind their personal routes. The only exception to that is if there is anything during days 1-19 like this for them, it's meant to be optional up to the player to choose and even without choosing said options. It should still be hinted in some light form that let's players know that they need to avoid Lola or Bridget because they clearly are doing things with your buddies or John. (aside from the diaper spanking, which I don't know what to classify that as. Personally my goal wasn't to make it seen as a sexual thing going on between John and whichever girl being spanked. )

One thing that I can possibly do to please the non NTR crowd further is simply let them skip the day 5 punishment event, as if it didn't even happen. But my issue with this, is if I do this. What's the next go to event that is now classified as forced NTR that can't be avoided to complain about? Again, sorry to those having issues with the NTR stuff. It's just that this has been one of the biggest on going topics complained about and we're already done a bit of adjusting with this stuff, but clearly it's not enough and we just wish to know what is suggested we do to nail keeping any NTR aspects as optional as our intended goal.

(optional meaning in Lola or Bridget's case, don't go into their route later in the game since they're NTR focused.)

eldarmike3

Feb 4, 2020
you could do so much with this game like having rachel as your pet like she hints about having a harem that you have said is going to be in there and that but si far on the 20somthing day only been kisses from a had full of the girls get nothing more and even tho its good as a 2d reand game i think myself if there was a little more then the kissing and was 3d and some anamtions in there would be more of a hock to new players (patreons) but thats just my thoughts

gintokiii

Jun 27, 2020
Sorry if my messages are coming off in a odd tone, I'm just really curious as to which definition of NTR we're talking about. Because with the mentions above for the light interest seen from Nathan towards a girl, if that's considered NTR then I'm confused what exactly is considered safe? Just not having any guys look or go near the protag or girls? Again I'm just trying to understand, because when I decided to add NTR content the only real content for that I had in mind is for Lola and Bridget only for their routes later with some light optional hinting to let players know to avoid them.

So by the point where you see Bridget with your friend "doing things" we have already met all the girls, and we have also seen several flags that indicate that there could be more NTR scenarios, even though there weren't , but you can´t expect new players to know that. One flag was John having too much power over the girls. One of those situations was the spanking and I think another one was where Heather kissed the MC and she got scared of John, but at that moment we knew nothing of this rule that was explained at the end of the game. Another flag was that all the girls were too interested in your friends, you had the fat guy with Bridget, Lola and flirting successfully with almost every girl even your sister. Nathan and Nova were too into each other and out of nowhere he declared his love for Rachel.

So , you already shown us two scenes where the girls would rather do sexual activities with someone else (even if you ignore them you can tell what's happening by the inner dialogue), several situations where the MC is being ridiculed for having a small penis and another one where the fat guy has a monster dick (lmao). At that point, new players would end up having this feeling that there's going to be more NTR scenarios and some of the girls personalities certainly don't help with that, like Nova, if she gets embarrassed she gets turned on, but anyone can do that for her.

That's what I felt playing the game.

Last edited:

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
you could do so much with this game like having rachel as your pet like she hints about having a harem that you have said is going to be in there and that but si far on the 20somthing day only been kisses from a had full of the girls get nothing more and even tho its good as a 2d reand game i think myself if there was a little more then the kissing and was 3d and some anamtions in there would be more of a hock to new players (patreons) but thats just my thoughts
There is a good little bit of foreplay stuff seen during days 1-19, just to point a few out. There's groping, rubbing, handjob, blowjob and so on. There isn't any sex yet, as it's not jumping right into that stuff. The game actually started with 3d placeholder assets and honestly I understand there's a market out there for those who like 3d games. But I really don't think MA would've brought in a lot more patreons for being a 3d diaper vn, mainly because the game is trying to have an anime aspect to it.

While there is games that are 3d with the anime look to them, there's also an issue that most of those games use programs from Japanese games to create their characters and just use what program tools are out there for the game to get animations set how they want them and so forth, which is fine if that's what they wish to do. But I feel MA for it's niche diaper theme, I'd think 2d visuals would draw more people in than if it were 3d.

It's just that we have to get our cg scenes going fairly decently again, but we're currently in the process of waiting on our cg artist to still finish a cg scene we requested early June (to be finished) by late June and we're still waiting on that currently. One thing that we're looking into doing is possibly bringing another cg artist on board to help speed the supply vs demand while also staying on our budgets for what we earn. (we also want to make sure the difference in art style won't be so vastly different either if we do this.)

So by the point where you see Bridget with your friend doing things we have already met all the girls, and we have also seen several flags that indicate that there could be more NTR scenarios, even though they weren't , but you can expect new players to know that. One flag was John having too much power over the girls. One of those situations was the spanking and I think another one was where Heather kissed the MC and she got scared of John, but at that moment we knew nothing of this rule that was explained at the end of the game. Another flag was that all the girls were too interested in your friends, you had the fat guy with Bridget, Lola and flirting successfully with almost every girl even your sister. Nathan and Nova were too into each other and out of nowhere he declared his love for Rachel.

So , you already showed us a two scenes where the girls would rather do sexual activities with someone else (even if you ignore them you can tell what's happening by the inner dialogue), several situations where the MC is being ridiculed for having a small penis and another one where the fat guy has a monster dick (lmao). At that point, new players would end up having this feeling like there's going to be more NTR scenarios and some of the girls personalities certainly don't help with that, like Nova, if she gets embarrassed she gets turned on, but anyone can do that for her.

That's what I felt playing the game.
I can see where you're coming from with John having too much power over the girls, but the issue is quickly becomes for the setting of the academy is that teachers and staff in general kind of do have power to enforce punishment when needed if these students break rules. The thing to try and figure out with that in mind is how exactly can we show that they have the power to enforce punishment when rules are broken, but not come off in a sexual manner, which is something that can be subjective I think. Spanking can come off as sexual to some and purely non sexual depending on the context and for that scene, a girl breaks a rule from what John claims. He is looking to make an example out of her to the rest of the class, as he spanks her with their diaper still on and embarrasses them while they're at it.

I don't know if you're talking about Heather's kiss during day 4 if you chase after her, but it should be clear she runs off because she's embarrassed for messing herself in class and you checking up on her sparks a small emotional moment in her, hence her kissing him. (don't know about the whole being scared of John thing, unless it's a different girl and kiss moment?)

I wouldn't quite say Joey is the one being flirty with them, aside from Erika lightly and even then it's part of his character being more of a comic relief, embarrassment to himself and full of himself when really girls don't really seem interested in him. The issue with all of this I think and again I'm not fully aware how wide the difintion of NTR goes... But as far as I'm aware of the understanding. It's mainly the act of doing an sexual act with another person that the protag has interest in or engaged with. They're not flirting to the point where they're touching each other or implying "Yeah? You like my biceps? Maybe I can show you later *wink wink*"

(aside from Lola and Bridget, who of course are the NTR girls. There is one moment with Erika later on in day 18 that might actually be a bit too much that does have Joey lightly touching Erika and isn't sure how to feel about it. But this is something that is being adjusted so it doesn't come off feeling like Erika is interested and shut him down.)

With Nathan, he's chatting and trying to get to know Nova since they didn't have time to properly meet each other the first time around. Yes there is a little bit of a subtle thought during this to think "Do they like each other?" But Nova even shows concern about her time focused on learning about Nathan and even how he met Brandon, etc. She should've made it clear it's not a flirting, sexual attraction towards Nathan by any means. Then for Rachel, Nathan does show an interest in her but it's also mentioned from Rachel's side that she isn't interested in him, canceling any worry or it should.

Honestly to cut it short, I don't know what to really say along with this. I understand there's concerns and that people who dislike NTR hate it, no ifs or buts about it. Those who enjoy NTR love it. But honestly one thing I feel personally is that I can sit here and fix up writing all day in my free time after work for months and still never fully please everyone, someone will still come along after fixing any mentions above and go "I didn't like how there's a moment where your buddy talks with a girl I'm interested in." the cycle goes on and on until John, Joey and Nathan are just removed from the game because having any other males talk with or be near any girl is suddenly a threat for NTR.

To break it all down, I want to please both sides. Those who enjoy NTR should be able to enjoy Lola and Bridget's content without forcing people who hate NTR to see any of that. Any content that feels off to some who think it's NTR related, well I'll look into it and try making adjustments where seen fit. But again like anything, I'll never please everyone on this topic as my understanding of NTR is purely "The interest of the protag engages in a sexual act in order to hurt said protag's feelings." But the issue falls on everyone's different views of NTR, some will say lightly flirting is the same as cheating, some will say something else, etc.

My main point to get across to everyone is that simply Lola and Bridget's content areas are the NTR focused areas of the game and much more clear than any of the other areas seen.

Reactions: Pinkilodie

daniellwtf

Dec 25, 2018
There is a good little bit of foreplay stuff seen during days 1-19, just to point a few out. There's groping, rubbing, handjob, blowjob and so on. There isn't any sex yet, as it's not jumping right into that stuff. The game actually started with 3d placeholder assets and honestly I understand there's a market out there for those who like 3d games. But I really don't think MA would've brought in a lot more patreons for being a 3d diaper vn, mainly because the game is trying to have an anime aspect to it.

While there is games that are 3d with the anime look to them, there's also an issue that most of those games use programs from Japanese games to create their characters and just use what program tools are out there for the game to get animations set how they want them and so forth, which is fine if that's what they wish to do. But I feel MA for it's niche diaper theme, I'd think 2d visuals would draw more people in than if it were 3d.

It's just that we have to get our cg scenes going fairly decently again, but we're currently in the process of waiting on our cg artist to still finish a cg scene we requested early June (to be finished) by late June and we're still waiting on that currently. One thing that we're looking into doing is possibly bringing another cg artist on board to help speed the supply vs demand while also staying on our budgets for what we earn. (we also want to make sure the difference in art style won't be so vastly different either if we do this.)

I can see where you're coming from with John having too much power over the girls, but the issue is quickly becomes for the setting of the academy is that teachers and staff in general kind of do have power to enforce punishment when needed if these students break rules. The thing to try and figure out with that in mind is how exactly can we show that they have the power to enforce punishment when rules are broken, but not come off in a sexual manner, which is something that can be subjective I think. Spanking can come off as sexual to some and purely non sexual depending on the context and for that scene, a girl breaks a rule from what John claims. He is looking to make an example out of her to the rest of the class, as he spanks her with their diaper still on and embarrasses them while they're at it.

I don't know if you're talking about Heather's kiss during day 4 if you chase after her, but it should be clear she runs off because she's embarrassed for messing herself in class and you checking up on her sparks a small emotional moment in her, hence her kissing him. (don't know about the whole being scared of John thing, unless it's a different girl and kiss moment?)

I wouldn't quite say Joey is the one being flirty with them, aside from Erika lightly and even then it's part of his character being more of a comic relief, embarrassment to himself and full of himself when really girls don't really seem interested in him. The issue with all of this I think and again I'm not fully aware how wide the difintion of NTR goes... But as far as I'm aware of the understanding. It's mainly the act of doing an sexual act with another person that the protag has interest in or engaged with. They're not flirting to the point where they're touching each other or implying "Yeah? You like my biceps? Maybe I can show you later *wink wink*"

(aside from Lola and Bridget, who of course are the NTR girls. There is one moment with Erika later on in day 18 that might actually be a bit too much that does have Joey lightly touching Erika and isn't sure how to feel about it. But this is something that is being adjusted so it doesn't come off feeling like Erika is interested and shut him down.)

With Nathan, he's chatting and trying to get to know Nova since they didn't have time to properly meet each other the first time around. Yes there is a little bit of a subtle thought during this to think "Do they like each other?" But Nova even shows concern about her time focused on learning about Nathan and even how he met Brandon, etc. She should've made it clear it's not a flirting, sexual attraction towards Nathan by any means. Then for Rachel, Nathan does show an interest in her but it's also mentioned from Rachel's side that she isn't interested in him, canceling any worry or it should.

Honestly to cut it short, I don't know what to really say along with this. I understand there's concerns and that people who dislike NTR hate it, no ifs or buts about it. Those who enjoy NTR love it. But honestly one thing I feel personally is that I can sit here and fix up writing all day in my free time after work for months and still never fully please everyone, someone will still come along after fixing any mentions above and go "I didn't like how there's a moment where your buddy talks with a girl I'm interested in." the cycle goes on and on until John, Joey and Nathan are just removed from the game because having any other males talk with or be near any girl is suddenly a threat for NTR.

To break it all down, I want to please both sides. Those who enjoy NTR should be able to enjoy Lola and Bridget's content without forcing people who hate NTR to see any of that. Any content that feels off to some who think it's NTR related, well I'll look into it and try making adjustments where seen fit. But again like anything, I'll never please everyone on this topic as my understanding of NTR is purely "The interest of the protag engages in a sexual act in order to hurt said protag's feelings." But the issue falls on everyone's different views of NTR, some will say lightly flirting is the same as cheating, some will say something else, etc.

My main point to get across to everyone is that simply Lola and Bridget's content areas are the NTR focused areas of the game and much more clear than any of the other areas seen.
Netorare is not merely sexually, Is emotionally too. If a guy hits on your girlfriend, in any way and she responds positively is already considered Netorare (Typically the guy goes "Yeah? You like my biceps? Maybe I can show you later *wink wink*", you cut him off immediately or your girl does just letting it happens leaves a bad taste.) the punishment is clearly netorare (The only person not including you that could spank her and not be considered ntr is probably her family father/mother any other man or woman is NTR.) So these 'subtle' things that happen are really a turn-off (worse because they happen with people that have ntr routes so you can imagine how shit it is.) My English is shit but I'm trying to answer your questions so bear with me.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
100% Avoidable NTR. (this means there is ntr content, you can avoid it. As in.. before anything happens a choice pops up that avoids the situation from happening in the first place or you can choose to let it play out. Either way! Choosing to avoid ntr doesn't mean you lose out on content.
You absolutely need to edit the latter part of this if not out right remove it from the OP, its just plain false. At the very least "Choosing to avoid ntr doesn't mean you lose out on content." has to go, because yes, you do miss content. In fact you have made 2 entire characters completely unplayable for a lot of people who dislike NTR, until you make them playable without NTR being present its just false. If you have no plans on making it fully optional I recommend that you add those two character to that and say its only avoidable if you never interact with those character, and still happens regardless.

There's two main crowds of people who dislike NTR. The first only cares if its someone they are in a active relationship with, any other character doesn't matter and can do what they want. The next group doesn't want it to happen to ANY potential love interest. Any named female in the game is off limits to any other male basically. Heres the thing, you want to try to please both sides? Just make it optional for all females, you know, give the player more agency. Quite literally all you need to do is give the player 2 choices and rewrite dialogue to fit those choices. Atm its, oh you like tall red heads that play video games? Too bad, characters only for NTR. Or don't, its your game. If you feel like its impossible to please both sides, or that its just not worth the effort then so be it. Do what feels right to you.

All I got left to say is Joey as a character made me to never want to play this game again. Comic relief was exactly what he wasn't, More like plot armored ugly bastard trope.

Last edited:

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
Netorare is not merely sexually, Is emotionally too. If a guy hits on your girlfriend, in any way and she responds positively is already considered Netorare (Typically the guy goes "Yeah? You like my biceps? Maybe I can show you later *wink wink*", you cut him off immediately or your girl does just letting it happens leaves a bad taste.) the punishment is clearly netorare (The only person not including you that could spank her and not be considered ntr is probably her family father/mother any other man or woman is NTR.) So these 'subtle' things that happen are really a turn-off (worse because they happen with people that have ntr routes so you can imagine how shit it is.) My English is shit but I'm trying to answer your questions so bear with me.
Well that was just an example, but clearly that isn't what is taking place with Nathan and Nova during mentioned scene. It's more along the lines of them learning about each other in friendly conversation, learning how Brandon and him met, etc. There is a moment after Nathan runs off where he does seem to act a little odd with how well they kicked things off (jealousy?) but Nova assures him that she just gets along better with guys for the most part and it isn't trying to imply anything past that.

I'm sorry if the punishment feels that way, the best that will possibly be done is that like one of the previous updates for the game in that day. The player will be able to step in and convince John not to punish them and cut the section short. I would say having the protag do the spanking, but it's not fitting within the context of that scene sadly.

The only issue I can see popping up, is that anytime Joey or Nathan chat with any of the girls it's always going to be a risk factor to tip toe dance around. "Is someone going to assume they're flirting? Is this going to be okay in context with what takes place? etc."

You absolutely need to edit the latter part of this if not out right remove it from the OP, its just plain false. At the very least "Choosing to avoid ntr doesn't mean you lose out on content." has to go, because yes, you do miss content. In fact you have made 2 entire characters completely unplayable for a lot of people who dislike NTR, until you make them playable without NTR being present its just false. If you have no plans on making it fully optional I recommend that you add those two character to that and say its only avoidable if you never interact with those character, and still happens regardless.

There's two main crowds of people who dislike NTR. The first only cares if its someone they are in a active relationship with, any other character doesn't matter and can do what they want. The next group doesn't want it to happen to ANY potential love interest. Any named female in the game is off limits to any other male basically. Heres the thing, you want to try to please both sides? Just make it optional for all females, you know, give the player more agency. Quite literally all you need to do is give the player 2 choices and rewrite dialogue to fit those choices. Atm its, oh you like tall red heads that play video games? Too bad, characters only for NTR. Or don't, its your game. If you feel like its impossible to please both sides, or that its just not worth the effort then so be it. Do what feels right to you.

All I got left to say is Joey as a character made me to never want to play this game again. Comic relief was exactly what he wasn't, More like plot armored ugly bastard trope.
I'll edit it to better reflect that players will lose out on 2 side girl routes that are much shorter than main girl routes, thanks for pointing that out. For those two characters (Bridget and Lola) they're meant to be the only ones with storylines that deal with NTR.

I would assume "any named female in the game is off limits to any other male basically" is purely talking about sexual acts and not the extreme of "If Joey or Nathan dare say a word to any of these girls, I'll be pissed." ? I understand or at least sort of understand that having someone else scoop in and steal someone away is shitty, but if it's along the lines of the protag's friends can't even chat with anyone else at an all girl's school. I think that's a bit silly and extreme to say, that would be on the same level as having a boyfriend/girlfriend irl and going out with some friends and the moment one of your friends begins asking or chatting with your boyfriend/girlfriend with you in the room. You instantly jump on them. (I don't know if that's what you mean by that side of things, just checking because it's pretty extreme.)

I would offer players 2 choices for Bridget and Lola, but sadly their storylines wouldn't fit without that aspect. It sucks to say that, but it's just part of what their personal story topics are about and will make sense for them once seen why it would be hard to rewrite and change that aspect for them.

Sorry to hear that you feel that way about the game, I wish you the best of luck with other games that appeal to you.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I would assume "any named female in the game is off limits to any other male basically" is purely talking about sexual acts and not the extreme of "If Joey or Nathan dare say a word to any of these girls, I'll be pissed." ? I understand or at least sort of understand that having someone else scoop in and steal someone away is shitty, but if it's along the lines of the protag's friends can't even chat with anyone else at an all girl's school. I think that's a bit silly and extreme to say, that would be on the same level as having a boyfriend/girlfriend irl and going out with some friends and the moment one of your friends begins asking or chatting with your boyfriend/girlfriend with you in the room. You instantly jump on them. (I don't know if that's what you mean by that side of things, just checking because it's pretty extreme.)
Even a little flirting is fine, so long as it goes nowhere. However with your game there is problems with that, you have supposed "friends" chasing after the same love interests. If Joey swoops in and steals Bridget from you, whats to say he wouldnt do it to the next girl he talks to? Even if you make it clear, hes still the fat bastard trope. In a normal game its not a issue, it is in yours however thanks to how they are written.

Edit - But yeah, normal conversations would still be A-ok

Last edited:

223kazin

May 4, 2017
I liked the webcomic and the original version of this, but this engine is absolutely killing me; no gallery with 5 saves, 8+ second transitions, and every time you stop skipping, it's hard to resume. I don't mean to be "that guy," but have you considered Ren'Py?

I need a cypher to puzzle out this comment. :unsure: Please do not poke Happy Fun Time mods: we don't care how cool anyone in this thread is; this is a video game about a softboi and co. being forcibly diapered because reasons. (That's right, I colon-semicoloned. If anything I'm cool. :cool:)
I'll poke who I please. Mods aren't gods, they're people. While I won't normally hold them accountable to their elevated status/responsibilities - if someone comes swinging in on his massive e-balls and self-suck pedestal, I'm more than happy to point out the hypocrisy/public shaming/lower standard employed, if it's present.

It's not like there's any skin off my nose, got a few VPN services and several porn emails. A ban from a narcissistic mod on a forum is about as worrisome to me as a cloudy day with a slight chance of rain.

Niches like scat/watersports/mutilation/etc are, in fact, pretty small communities(at the very least it is on this website, based off comments). I'd say it's more important for a developer to know the negative reception and why they're not interested, than a spam of "thanks for the upload" or "how do I do X?" or "Are there cheat inputs in this RPG-MV/Renpy/Sugarcube game?????". The latter are complete fucking morons and probably 12-13 years old. That jab didn't really need to be said, but I wanted to.

Pooploser64

Dec 29, 2019
I'm sorry but am I missing something here? I downloaded the Messy Academy 0.12 hotfix windows and I clicked messy academy reboot but rather than it launching the game like I thought it would it instead launches something called nw.js which is a shame because this game looks really good! It looks like this btw. Screenshot.jpg
Does anyone know if there's anyway to fix this?

Last edited:

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
I'm sorry but am I missing something here? I downloaded the Messy Academy 0.12 hotfix windows and I clicked messy academy reboot but rather than it launching the game like I thought it would it instead launches something called nw.js which is a shame because this game looks really good! It looks like this btw. View attachment 771885
Does anyone know if there's anyway to fix this?
I think I've seen this happen before once or twice. Have you tried right clicking and running the "Messy_Academy_Reboot" app as admin?

It's hard to tell from the image exactly, but it could be possible that when you downloaded the zip file and had it extracted. The location you extracted the folder to isn't playing nice for some reason? Possibly try to extract the zip file to your desktop or a different location to test it out?

One other thing to try out that I have read about is if you have steam running in the background, try exiting steam and then launch the game either as admin or not to see if it works.

I doubt you tried doing this, but it wouldn't be the first time I've had someone try something similar. But if you played the game before and you're trying to copy files from say update 0.11 or anything earlier to use for more recent updates in their folder, this will break things and not work. Mainly I see this with people trying to take their saved data from say update 0.11 and add it to their update 0.12 or update 0.13 game folder. It might possibly work even for a while, but you'll run into an issue at some point where your old save data is corrupted by the newer update because the new update adds or changes things that are no longer present in your previous saved data.

Just trying to bring up a few things to try out, please do let me know if you had any luck with one of the mentions above or found a fix for this or if things still aren't working.

Reactions: Pooploser64

Pooploser64

Dec 29, 2019
I think I've seen this happen before once or twice. Have you tried right clicking and running the "Messy_Academy_Reboot" app as admin?

It's hard to tell from the image exactly, but it could be possible that when you downloaded the zip file and had it extracted. The location you extracted the folder to isn't playing nice for some reason? Possibly try to extract the zip file to your desktop or a different location to test it out?

One other thing to try out that I have read about is if you have steam running in the background, try exiting steam and then launch the game either as admin or not to see if it works.

I doubt you tried doing this, but it wouldn't be the first time I've had someone try something similar. But if you played the game before and you're trying to copy files from say update 0.11 or anything earlier to use for more recent updates in their folder, this will break things and not work. Mainly I see this with people trying to take their saved data from say update 0.11 and add it to their update 0.12 or update 0.13 game folder. It might possibly work even for a while, but you'll run into an issue at some point where your old save data is corrupted by the newer update because the new update adds or changes things that are no longer present in your previous saved data.

Just trying to bring up a few things to try out, please do let me know if you had any luck with one of the mentions above or found a fix for this or if things still aren't working.
I tried all the fixes you suggested I even did them all at the same time! But unfortunately nothing worked..... :(
This is the error message in case that explains anything also I would like to mention I got the error message even before I unzipped the game onto the desktop.
Screenshot Error Message.png

• Sad

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
I tried all the fixes you suggested I even did them all at the same time! But unfortunately nothing worked..... :(
This is the error message in case that explains anything also I would like to mention I got the error message even before I unzipped the game onto the desktop.
View attachment 774342
I was hoping at least one of the mentions might've worked. I'll try to post around and look into why this is happening, some google searching hasn't shown anything up for me.

I don't know if maybe it's a software thing to update possibly? Or perhaps just a conflicting program running alongside the game software? (I'm not a professional with software) >.< I know it works on windows 10 at least, the only thing I can wonder is by chance is your os 32bit?

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
No it's 64bit why? Does it have to be 32bit in order to run or something?
Gotcha, no. It's just that I have to double check if there's a chance you're using 32bit os, as our game is only supported for 64bit os systems currently. (I'm looking into offering 32bit support for those still using it, just know that someone else had issues running the game due to using 32bit.)

Just one other mention to try testing if you haven't already. If you haven't rebooted your system and tried running the game, some have mentioned rebooting their system let them fix things.

One other thing could possibly be related to ram, if you don't have enough ram to run it. But I feel like it would require a lot of background processes running or very little amount of ram to run into issues.

Last edited:

Pooploser64

Dec 29, 2019
One other thing could possibly be related to ram, if you don't have enough ram to run it. But I feel like it would require a lot of background processes running or very little amount of ram to run into issues.
Does all the different tabs of Firefox count as separate background processes? Because I have a lot of tabs open.

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
Does all the different tabs of Firefox count as separate background processes? Because I have a lot of tabs open.
If it's using up a lot of ram in the process, I'm kind of taking a guess with this though as well. <.< I would assume the only reason ram would be an issue is if say you have 4gb and about 3gb is being used up by stuff. Not to say our program should need or take up 1gb, but it might need to just preload up files for the first time and be running into an issue with this.

Still it's just guessing, as I haven't heard of any issues related with ram or even know what would happen if someone tried running the program when most of their ram is already used up by other stuff, etc. Just trying to think of some stuff to try.

• Red Heart

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
Small public update: I updated the thread with a more recent story summary that fits our patreon's story summary displayed.

We're still planning on trying to launch a kickstarter, but we ran into some issues with our video editor and so we're in the middle of looking for someone else to pick up the commission. Once we have the video trailer finished, we'll be 100% ready, no further delays for kickstarter. Our main reason for even doing a kickstarter is mainly about 85-90% in order to gather funding for CG art and allow for a consistent flow, our patreon does bring in a fairly decent amount which we will use as well to help fund CG art, it's just that the kickstarter would allow us to push more demand to the max of our artist/artists. (The idea of bringing on another cg artist to help the workload has been juggled around.)

We have our music producer making custom tracks for the game and currently we have 6 tracks paid for. 11/13 tracks finished and looking to have most of those paid off in September. We're holding off on adding music until update 0.15, as it's easier for us to add the music in with having most of the tracks paid for. Sorry for this delay, but it feels better suited for saving dev time in the long run.

We've had issues with CG art in our past, with supply vs demand and also delays from our artists before. Our recent CG scene that was just finished earlier this month was requested at the start of June, while it did feature 6 characters and more complex. It's still about 2 months or 2 game updates worth of no new CG art during that time period. We're trying to proceed with CG art carefully as we head into September, as we want to know if the demand is too much for our artist and if so how we'd proceed. Either adding another cg artist in to help with the workload or depending on our budget and what feels right, possibly replacement.

It's something we're not looking to rush head into, as we'd prefer preventing unneeded costs on things with CG related art. So expect September to be a slow ease and testing period of us working with the CG stuff to see how to handle things, there will be a new scene or two for that month is our hopes and based on how things go. October would be our real big push for 3-4 CG scenes added with each update and try to pick out more unique ones, as our current ones don't vary too much right now.

With all that aside, a small brief behind the scenes mention. This month we've been hard at work with writing up Bridget, Lola and Zoey's route part 1's. This is for update 0.14 which won't be public until early October, but when it does go public or for those supporting us. We're trying to be vocal for our warnings with NTR related content, right now Lola's part 1 is the only one that features this. Bridget's part 1 can be fully enjoyed without anything related to NTR, but that isn't to say her part 2 or 3 won't have it show up.

When update 0.13 releases for the public on September 4th, it'll bring the main girl route part 1's for you all to check out and offer feedback on. Some of which we have already heard from our supporters, we'll be adjusting and fixing some stuff but there's a chance we might not get around to it for a while given our priorities in content to tackle each month. Below is some spoiler free mentions of fixes for these adjustments we'd like to address and fix.

-Nova's route part 1-

Fixing up the awkward pacing of the events a bit better and expanding on a special event that's the major focus point as it shows up briefly currently before moving on to the end.

The ending focus seen will be adjusted for what is taking place to be a bit drawn back slightly to fit with her plot story taking place at the start of her part 1. (Will make sense as you check it out.)

-Rachel's route part 1-

The ending focus seen will be adjusted for what is taking place to be a bit drawn back, possibly a little expanded on something that didn't have time originally to be added there.

-Juliet's route part 1-

Some extra new dialogue unique to her route part vs Heather's for moments.

The ending focus seen will be adjusted for what is taking place to be a bit drawn back, it felt a little too rushed for what happens and given her character.

(End of adjustments we're looking to address)

One last mention, we're also going to slowly be going through existing older content and make adjustments. These will be in the form of mostly fixing up grammar issues, awkward dialogue to flow better, some light scene details explaining if fitting and pretty much bring the writing quality up to where the route parts quality of writing seen is like. When we do this, we're also asking everyone on our patreon (open to public) for voting polls for older days. Asking some moments that people wish to see expanded on or elements expanded.

An example of that is during Day 1, there is a huge push is wanting to see some more expanding of the academy rules explained further when it's brought up at the start. Things within that nature, another example is when meeting Nova for the first time. Having more expanding on her talking about her club earlier on, filling in gaps a bit from that moment until next players see her again.

The general idea is we'll first focus on our main priority content being moving forward with fresh new content. What time we have left in a given month for writing, will then go towards the adjustments of existing content. Anything newly adjusted or added will always be mentioned in the patch notes and we'll work on having jump buttons at the start of the game for each update that let's players go to any areas that recently added new content to it, even if small like say Rosa having her cat maid cosplay outfit added for day 16. There would be a jump option to that area to check it out, etc.

Anyways, it's a long post. But I felt it was right to keep the public fans and those following along informed. We do suggest following along our patreon as we do make public posts when it's fitting, we try to balance and be fair with offering things for both sides. Our guide post is a good post on our patreon to bookmark and check on every once in a while for example, we always update it with links to each new post and roughly 80-85% of information needed can be found it in.

Hope everyone is staying safe, taking care of themselves and looking forward to update 0.13 on September 4th!

Reactions: Mahgni Mada

Levitikan

Sep 9, 2018
Thanks for the update on everything. hope the kickstarter goes well for you. where will be the best place to keep a look out for when it goes live

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes