Mod Midlife Crisis - Courteous Mod + Walkthrough v34 [thanks for the demos]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
Thanks for the solution. Does anybody have the .24 mod files?
LOL In OP you have the latest version of the mod updated to v0.25 so you don't have to combine it with the previous version of the mod (v0.24) because you only need to download the latest version of the mod v0.25.

registrate88

Dec 19, 2019
LOL In OP you have the latest version of the mod updated to v0.25 so you don't have to combine it with the previous version of the mod (v0.24) because you only need to download the latest version of the mod v0.25.
If you were trying to say "the .rpa file is misplaced within the 0.25 mod", then thanks.

If not, you didn't read my comment properly. But thanks anyway.

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
If you were trying to say "the .rpa file is misplaced within the 0.25 mod", then thanks.

If not, you didn't read my comment properly. But thanks anyway.
You don't need rpa files from every chapter as that solution suggested, just have rpy files for every chapter from the mod itself and the game works without any problem and if you copy the "raw" rpa files from the previous version of the game, the rpy files from the mod itself will overwrite those from the rpa version and only this rpy files from mod be taken into account after starting the game or you can just use script.rpa from mod instead of the individual rpy files from each chapter.

chimidot

Oct 21, 2017
i have installed the mod but i get this error.. did i do something wrong? the old saves won't load.. can someone help me?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 441, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "G:\Digital Desire\JOCURI\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "G:\Digital Desire\JOCURI\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "G:\Digital Desire\JOCURI\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "G:\Digital Desire\JOCURI\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "G:\Digital Desire\JOCURI\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3451, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "G:\Digital Desire\JOCURI\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 992, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "G:\Digital Desire\JOCURI\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 45, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "G:\Digital Desire\JOCURI\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 992, in event
  File "G:\Digital Desire\JOCURI\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "G:\Digital Desire\JOCURI\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 239, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "G:\Digital Desire\JOCURI\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 239, in event
  File "G:\Digital Desire\JOCURI\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 906, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "G:\Digital Desire\JOCURI\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 841, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "G:\Digital Desire\JOCURI\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 315, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 441, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "G:\Digital Desire\JOCURI\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 728, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "G:\Digital Desire\JOCURI\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1867, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "G:\Digital Desire\JOCURI\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1696, in rollback
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
MidLifeCrisis 0.25
Sun May 16 22:23:34 2021

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
i have installed the mod but i get this error.. did i do something wrong? the old saves won't load.. can someone help me?

Code:

Unfortunately I cannot help with this, but I can comfirm I've had the same error.

Had some save games from 0.24 game + 0.24 mod. Did a new install of 0.25 game + 0.25 mod and got the exact same message trying to load most of the saves. Ignoring it brings up a

Code:

While running game code:
KeyError: u'_main_menu_screen'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 37, in script
    return
  File "D:\Games\Adult Games\Midlife Crisis\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1449, in execute
    renpy.game.context().pop_dynamic()
  File "D:\Games\Adult Games\Midlife Crisis\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 371, in pop_dynamic
    del store[k]
KeyError: u'_main_menu_screen'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
MidLifeCrisis 0.25
Sun May 16 21:46:48 2021

THEN I finally found one save that loaded, but not the frame I saved it, but 28 "clicks" back. As if on loading the game rolled back 28 times. I continued from there and subsequent loading/saving works.

ADDENDUM: After reading the game's own thread I think it has nothing to do with the mod chimidot.

Last edited:

Alleyway

Nov 27, 2018
Can anyone give a pdf for the walkthrough or the green choices I play on android so cannot install the mod
A PDF cannot be easily made because the Mod is coded to overlay the choices. It's not a simple text file you can just transfer to PDF. The effort and hours it would take to make one wouldn't really be worth it, because this is not a difficult or 'points-based' game. You're not going to ruin your chances with a character by making a seemingly innocuous dialogue choice or decision. Most choices are obvious (if you want a particular character, pursue her/flirt with her. This also won't ruin your chances with other girls. If you want a healthy relationship with your wife, choose to love your wife; if you don't want trans/gay/cuckold/sharing content, choose to avoid trans/gay/cuckold/sharing content when the game offers them. It doesn't punish you for this.).

And the ones that aren't obvious mostly just add flavor (if you choose to open the door on your daughter while she's changing she'll keep razzing you good-naturedly for having done so, if you choose to roleplay with your wife she'll get progressively spicier in her fantasies, etc.).

MidLife Crisis aims to please by providing a wide variety of fetishes within a mountain of content. If you want to play it, just play it. It's not going to fuck you; it wants you to fuck yourself.

D

Deleted member 3181120

The instructions say to copy the scripts.rpa into the game folder, overwriting the one there.
The problem with that is there is not one already there!
All of the files in the game folder are rpy or rpyc.
I tried copying it there anyway and none of the choices are highlighted green.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
The instructions say to copy the scripts.rpa into the game folder, overwriting the one there.
The problem with that is there is not one already there!
All of the files in the game folder are rpy or rpyc.
I tried copying it there anyway and none of the choices are highlighted green.
you forgot to unren the game THEN copy the other items over the others... always use unren with this mod, except the incest mod which is just a variable change

D

Deleted member 3181120

you forgot to unren the game THEN copy the other items over the others... always use unren with this mod, except the incest mod which is just a variable change
Oh, I was following the readme instructions. They should be corrected.
Thanks.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Oh, I was following the readme instructions. They should be corrected.
Thanks.
my apologies i always unren it because that is the ones i use so if it didn't say to then i don't know what is wrong then hmmm

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Playing this game for the first time, and will be using the courteous mod, but want to ask for a bit of a spoiler. If I take the "friendship path" with the wife, will I miss out on any sexual content involving her and anyone else (threesomes etc.)? I'm not really into her from what I've seen, but if there's any potentially hot scenes involving her and someone else that I might be into, then I don't want to miss that.

Feb 9, 2019
do I only need to move the single scripts.rpa into the midlife crisis game folder, or do I need to move all the files in the 'game' folder from extracting this mod? (bunch of files called vers02.rpy, version03.rpy etc). I'm only asking cause I'm currently playing through the very early part of the game where you meet Sarah, but no choices in any scenes so far have been highlighted green, including walking in on Christine getting changed, or deciding how your relationship with sandra will go

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
do I only need to move the single scripts.rpa into the midlife crisis game folder, or do I need to move all the files in the 'game' folder from extracting this mod? (bunch of files called vers02.rpy, version03.rpy etc). I'm only asking cause I'm currently playing through the very early part of the game where you meet Sarah, but no choices in any scenes so far have been highlighted green, including walking in on Christine getting changed, or deciding how your relationship with sandra will go
Yeah, you need them all.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes