alexrieper

Nov 21, 2017
Have to say the drop in quality from the renders really hurts the game here Nefastus, I started a whole new game because I switched SSD's and I don't recall the game looking this grainy and low resolution before. Is there a chance we can get the higher yet more GB heavy version or is this how it will progress moving forward?

Also really disappointed that Christine got shaved bald, I really liked her little under patch. What a shame.

• Love
Reactions: Baxonius

Baxonius

Nov 23, 2018
If you start a new game:
images.rpy
find and replace .png with .webp (4 in total)
script.rpy
find and replace .jpg with .webp (13 in total)
Should be error free after that,
Look like you know how to do...any chance make file (Images.rpy and script.rpy) and share with us? thanks.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Wow. This update... just wow.
All the teasing finally begins to pay off. Great stuff.
The scene with Natasha was great. You really got the feeling she was just going in for something a bit spicy again, but was then overwhelmed by lust.

Everything else was great as well, including that the MC really had troubles dealing with what happened last episode and including that Jennifer blamed herself, as victims of abuse often do.

Reactions: Repuci and Mormont

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Ok, message received lol. I will go back to just using the original larger files unless I figure out a way to reduce the file size without losing quality. I thought the compression was too good to be true, but on my shitty monitor they didn't look much different. I now know I need to do the testing on my much better monitor.

Bruce_Wayne18

Mar 14, 2018
Anyone else run into a ton of bugs? Playing with the incest patch and got a TON of these missing image errors:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2257, in script
    a "Like a ball of wibbly wobbly timey whimey stuff?"
KeyError: u'd2_name'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\MidLifeCrisis-0.09-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\MidLifeCrisis-0.09-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1199, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\MidLifeCrisis-0.09-pc\renpy\character.py", line 990, in __call__
    who = who_pattern.replace("[who]", sub(who))
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\MidLifeCrisis-0.09-pc\renpy\character.py", line 985, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\MidLifeCrisis-0.09-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
MidLifeCrisis 0.09
Tue Jul 30 19:43:26 2019

First time playing this and you know what they say about first impressions.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Anyone else run into a ton of bugs? Playing with the incest patch and got a TON of these missing image errors:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\MidLifeCrisis-0.09-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\MidLifeCrisis-0.09-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1199, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\MidLifeCrisis-0.09-pc\renpy\character.py", line 990, in __call__
    who = who_pattern.replace("[who]", sub(who))
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\MidLifeCrisis-0.09-pc\renpy\character.py", line 985, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\MidLifeCrisis-0.09-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
MidLifeCrisis 0.09
Tue Jul 30 19:43:26 2019

First time playing this and you know what they say about first impressions.
Get the unofficial bug fix in the first post.

Reactions: Bruce_Wayne18
4.40 star(s) 188 Votes