Spatches

Dec 10, 2017
Your dm talking about your disgust for gay doesnt mean a lot. If one sees gay scene. Gay has to be added. See above
My "disgust" about the issue is literally the opposite of disgust for gay content. I disagree with the idea that a skippable rape scene warrants the gay tag. If I am looking for gay content, I don't want to sift through bullshit like a single gay rape scene in a game as lengthy as Midlife Crisis to find it. I understand the tag system is soon getting an overhaul though, so hopefully that will mitigate the issue

shaf3i

May 25, 2020
the milf in the left looks like melinda from foot of the mountain
do anyone know games that has the model same like melinda and this milf?

Ardennen

Nov 15, 2018
the rape and interracial tag should be marked "Optional, 1 scene " too.
I didnt got the scene in my playthrough

Feb 9, 2019
when the girls sleepover, what is the difference between eavesdropping on them and not? I realized that eavesdropping lets you know they're playing dares and that amanda is dared to touch you so you stop her, so I tried the other route of not eavesdropping (it did say maybe something good would happen, I assumed the mc wouldn't know of the dares and amanda would do it) but the mc figured it out anyway and stopped amanda. Am I doing something wrong?

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
when the girls sleepover, what is the difference between eavesdropping on them and not? I realized that eavesdropping lets you know they're playing dares and that amanda is dared to touch you so you stop her, so I tried the other route of not eavesdropping (it did say maybe something good would happen, I assumed the mc wouldn't know of the dares and amanda would do it) but the mc figured it out anyway and stopped amanda. Am I doing something wrong?
No it's just more of a surprise that your daughters and their friends are trying to get you hard, but it ultimately doesn't alter the outcome.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
I assumed the mc wouldn't know of the dares and amanda would do it) but the mc figured it out anyway and stopped amanda. Am I doing something wrong?
Nah nothing changes either way. Eavesdropping just spoils a new player to the sexy events coming up :)

moonmite84

Jan 17, 2020
This is why I think Nefastus is close to God when it comes to VN's. He also gave us ALL the options in the Lunch Room scene earlier. I didn't mind the choice between "ICallHerVera" and "Prostitute" though. Like I said, "Prostitute" worked great in the early installments, as early relief, and she might still work as a game device to open up certain fetish paths, but as a person she is probably the blandest character.

I honestly had to be reminded her name is actually Erica.
I think any blandness that you are attaching to Erica is more attributable to the fact that we don't know much of anything about her. We have only seen a small inkling outside of her professional persona. We haven't seen her in any unguarded moments like we have the rest of the women.

moonmite84

Jan 17, 2020
the rape and interracial tag should be marked "Optional, 1 scene " too.
I didnt got the scene in my playthrough
I didn't even know that there was an optional rape scene or gay content in the game. I've tried a few different paths too.

G A B really wants this game to keep the gay tag even though most people disagree. Why did he add it again today? I really don't think it should be on here
Until MC starts making out or going down on Rock and/or his husband I can't see any reasonable reasons to attach a gay tag to this game. MC goes after just about every piece of womanly ass that he sees.

moonmite84

Jan 17, 2020
I'm not going to lie, I'm starting to need a character guide with profile pics of all the characters when I haven't been playing for a little while. Especially for those outside or not yet in my harem.

Spatches

Dec 10, 2017
I didn't even know that there was an optional rape scene or gay content in the game. I've tried a few different paths too.

Until MC starts making out or going down on Rock and/or his husband I can't see any reasonable reasons to attach a gay tag to this game. MC goes after just about every piece of womanly ass that he sees.
I dm'ed a mod about it, and they explained to me that any instance of content means that the tag gets applied. Which makes sense to some degree because you have to draw the line somewhere, otherwise I imagine there would be large debates on more games about whether or not a tag is appropriate. So while I understand why the policy is there, I just don't think it's the best in every situation.

On a bit of a tangent: For 100% heteros, they don't have to look for "straight" tags. Games are assumed to be straight unless explicitly stated otherwise. The vast majority of games on here cater to them, which I also understand because the majority of people are hetero. It just really, really sucks that on the rare occasions that a game might get the gay tag, it might be solely because of a specific scene like the one here, and I don't think a straight person could understand how annoying that is.

The mod did say that the tag system is getting an overhaul soon which will hopefully make it easier to find specific content, so who knows?

Also, more on topic to Midlife Crisis, my compliments to the writer / maker of this VN for making a story that's fun to follow. It would have been nice to tell the redhead to fuck off because she keeps coming onto the MC so strongly, though. I ended up actually hating her character for being so pushy and desperate. I was also not a fan of the way the MC is forced to play Truth or Dare, but other than that, it's a really good game.

Ardennen

Nov 15, 2018
The problem is, the tags are used for two different things.
First they are used to search for games you want to play
If people search a game featuring "gay" "rape" and "intersexual" this game is the first option. They would not understand why they tried this game.
Second, tags are used to save people from seeing stuff they dont like. There are safety tags on games making the search option useless.
By the way, can someone please point me to the "bukkake" stuff in this game?

The forum tries to solve this problem.

"Make it idiot-proof and someone will become a better idiot."

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
It'd be better if the site had Major/Minor/Trivial distinctions between tags, maybe Red/Orange/Green? And if you want to be consistent, MC also delivers a haymaker to Jennifer's mom, yet there's no violence tag. (I think there was also an option to bbq Jennifer's dad's legs? Or was that just my dark desire and lust for vengeance?)

Reactions: x32 and MrFriendly

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
It'd be better if the site had Major/Minor/Trivial distinctions between tags, maybe Red/Orange/Green? And if you want to be consistent, MC also delivers a haymaker to Jennifer's mom, yet there's no violence tag. (I think there was also an option to bbq Jennifer's dad's legs? Or was that just my dark desire and lust for vengeance?)
The current discussion regarding the proper use of tags did spawn this feature request.

And what you remember is not (only?) your dark desire and lust for vengeance but rather that of Michele. Upon meeting the MC in the bar Michele proposes the use of a fireplace and a slow burn fuse to burn the feet of the scumbag to charcoal before starting with the real punishment. Although not shown on screen I recon it's what happens after Michele carries him away never to be heard of again.

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
The current discussion regarding the proper use of tags did spawn this feature request.

And what you remember is not (only?) your dark desire and lust for vengeance but rather that of Michele. Upon meeting the MC in the bar Michele proposes the use of a fireplace and a slow burn fuse to burn the feet of the scumbag to charcoal before starting with the real punishment. Although not shown on screen I recon it's what happens after Michele carries him away never to be heard of again.
Good to know I'm not going entirely insane. Just a little. Just enough :devilish:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
On a bit of a tangent: For 100% heteros, they don't have to look for "straight" tags. Games are assumed to be straight unless explicitly stated otherwise. The vast majority of games on here cater to them, which I also understand because the majority of people are hetero. It just really, really sucks that on the rare occasions that a game might get the gay tag, it might be solely because of a specific scene like the one here, and I don't think a straight person could understand how annoying that is.
Well, not with the Gay tag specifically, but some of the fetish tags are like that. You see the tag, then discover that there's only the one scene and it's shit (or in some cases there isn't anything at all, the game is mis-tagged). Maybe not quite the same as if the game is good we can still enjoy it even without the fetish content, but it's similar. And while I've never looked for Gay games, I've looked for lesbian games before and that's not fun.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes