Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
My bad, I was being imprecise: Game archives usually do (true for Midlife Crisis), archives containing patches usually don't (true for v0.17-->v0.18, true for incest patch). And while some patches are packed to be applied by extracting the archive inside the game's folder (e.g. RenPy patches carrying their payload inside a folder named 'game'), this one isn't.
Ah those ones do need to be top level yeah. For Midlife though it's just straight into <name>/Game

MINOS

Oct 22, 2017
Don't attempt to do what is listed in the quote above: according to that you download "it" (i.e. Midlife Crisis.rar) and put "it" (i.e. Midlife Crisis.rar) into the MidLife Crisis\game folder. That will not work.

If you're not willing to provide competent help to MINOS it would be better if you don't post a reply at all.

MINOS: are you running Windows or macOS? If you are trying to patch the macOS version it's different from the installation instructions included in the "Midlife Crisis.rar" file.

If you are running Windows you will need to do the following. These instructions are general as I don't know your system setup or competence level at using the needed programs.

• download the "Midlife Crisis.rar" which I expect you've done
  • extract the contents of the "Midlife Crisis.rar" file. Windows users either use "WinRAR" (*shuddder*) or 7zip (*yippee!*)
  • one of the files extracted to the confusingly named "Midlife Crisis" folder will be "install guide.txt". View that file and follow the instructions therein. Basically, copy the zz_patch.rpy (and optionally the zz_patch.rpyc) to the "MidLife Crisis\game" folder. This is wherever your RenPy "games" are stored
I say the the extracted folder "Midlife Crisis" is confusingly named is because it shares the same name as the folder (located elsewhere) that you need to copy the patch to.

I hope this helps somewhat.
a lot of thanks guy <3

MINOS

Oct 22, 2017
My bad, I was being imprecise: Game archives usually do (true for Midlife Crisis), archives containing patches usually don't (true for v0.17-->v0.18, true for incest patch). And while some patches are packed to be applied by extracting the archive inside the game's folder (e.g. RenPy patches carrying their payload inside a folder named 'game'), this one isn't.
yeah I m used to strack the patch in the main folder

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
i have no idea why people have problems to install this patch.In the rar file is an install guide.txt there is written how to install that.I put in every patches an install guide.I can understand that if there isn´t a install guide in it but in this case there is a install guide.And about the rar file name.I used the game names and the version number from the game normaly.The reason is very simple.I upload my patches on mega so i now which file is is from what game.I attach you 2 screenshots from my mega account so that you see how it look like.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Will there be any pregnant, dp, swinging or group content in the future....
Maybe?

Pregnancy: In the game the MC does have unprotected sex with a lot of people, not all of which are on the pill when it happens.
DP/Swinging/Group: The MC meets his wife's business partner and her husband. During that meeting you can do somethings to possibly initiate some swinging/group content with them in future. Don't know if that means we will see some DP but at this point I am all for it.

Reactions: fbass

Draco0

Apr 20, 2020
Maybe?

Pregnancy: In the game the MC does have unprotected sex with a lot of people, not all of which are on the pill when it happens.
DP/Swinging/Group: The MC meets his wife's business partner and her husband. During that meeting you can do somethings to possibly initiate some swinging/group content with them in future. Don't know if that means we will see some DP but at this point I am all for it.

That's the reason I'm asking, because so far I've cream all of the ladies he slept with, And after they met the MC wife's business partner and her husband, she asked him if it was ok for her to sleep with other people, plus there is Tracy who will be available if the MC took that route

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
That's the reason I'm asking, because so far I've cream all of the ladies he slept with, And after they met the MC wife's business partner and her husband, she asked him if it was ok for her to sleep with other people, plus there is Tracy who will be available if the MC took that route
Pregnancy takes longer than 1 or 2 times and a handful of weeks to detect. So we probably won't know for awhile if ever (no idea how long a span of time the game will cover). I am hoping we will see the swinging/DP/group stuff soon. I don't want to say I am bored with the fact that the MC is fucking the same girls over and over again but yeah, I am kinda bored. Last time I was excited was when his sister and niece were around. I love the Tracy content so the last update was nice but I am ready to see some swinging action.

Reactions: Draco0

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
But no divorce or anything like it? She doesn't fuck around behind his back?
How she reacts to finding out what MC is doing behind her back is an open question. Given Nefatus's previous words, her fooling around behind MC's back is unlikely, but divorce has never been ruled out.

As for the choices where you lay out what you are comfortable with, with her, this was talked about to death after the .15 update when it was added. My arguments for the situation is basically the same as it was back then:

https://f95zone.to/threads/midlife-crisis-v0-18-nefastus-games.20427/post-2985079
https://f95zone.to/threads/midlife-crisis-v0-18-nefastus-games.20427/post-2987848

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
How she reacts to finding out what MC is doing behind her back is an open question. Given Nefatus's previous words, her fooling around behind MC's back is unlikely, but divorce has never been ruled out.

As for the choices where you lay out what you are comfortable with, with her, this was talked about to death after the .15 update when it was added. My arguments for the situation is basically the same as it was back then:

https://f95zone.to/threads/midlife-crisis-v0-18-nefastus-games.20427/post-2985079
https://f95zone.to/threads/midlife-crisis-v0-18-nefastus-games.20427/post-2987848
Yeah, I think you explained it well previously.

I am looking forward to a get Sarah, Sandra, and the MC threesome. The teased but hopefully comes to fruition group/swinging scene with possibility of a DP scene of Sandra and/or her business partner. And whatever further depraved content that Nefastus comes up with. I like how far the MC has gone in his midlife crisis, I hope he keeps exploring his depravity. Needs more anal sex... and redheads.

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
But no divorce or anything like it? She doesn't fuck around behind his back?
My take on an earlier choice and how she reacts -

She can be involved with another man : you are OK with with sharing/swinging and at a later time she may get involved with another man when you are present.
She can be involved with another man but you don't want to hear about it : she does nothing (I think I got this impression from result of above choice)
I think there was possibly a choice for female only involvement. (likely to result in threesomes)

She never does anything behind his back no matter what you chose. Not sure what happens to your relationship with her if you do not let her do anything.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Makes sense - if hes going all out to explore things hes long held back on then why not her? I think shes having a midlife crisis herself and is excited about swinging and of course seducing young red heads (again the default age doesn't match up with their default school year lol, guess shes as depraved as he is... ok hes way worse but shes got a taboo loving side to her as well when you take this into consideration).

Reactions: 215303j

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
My take on an earlier choice and how she reacts -

She can be involved with another man : you are OK with with sharing/swinging and at a later time she may get involved with another man when you are present.
She can be involved with another man but you don't want to hear about it : she does nothing (I think I got this impression from result of above choice)
I think there was possibly a choice for female only involvement. (likely to result in threesomes)

She never does anything behind his back no matter what you chose. Not sure what happens to your relationship with her if you do not let her do anything.
The three options (for the pro-wife path) were:

"As long as MC doesn't hear about it" which was essentially, in world she has MC's permission, but in effect she won't do anything, but it does open up threesome options with other girls

"Sandra is enough for MC" which is essentially "keep their exclusivity agreement". Naturally, MC won't "get away" with fooling around behind her back forever.

"Totally Open Relationship" which is the same as the first option, but now it also opens up the option of swinging. Nothing will happen without the player agreeing on a per incident basis, though.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
The three options (for the pro-wife path) were:

"As long as MC doesn't hear about it" which was essentially, in world she has MC's permission, but in effect she won't do anything, but it does open up threesome options with other girls

"Sandra is enough for MC" which is essentially "keep their exclusivity agreement". Naturally, MC won't "get away" with fooling around behind her back forever.

"Totally Open Relationship" which is the same as the first option, but now it also opens up the option of swinging. Nothing will happen without the player agreeing on a per incident basis, though.
Yeah, I feel like that is exactly right and I chose the third option because I want to see how far this depravity hole goes...

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Yeah, I feel like that is exactly right and I chose the third option because I want to see how far this depravity hole goes...
I chose the third option just because i would feel like an ass otherwise, i don't particularly like the idea of another dude fucking her, but i'm fucking other people, so is kinda of hypocritical to not extend the same curtesy, of course, i'm not gonna force her, if in the midle of a swing, with her friend for example, if she does not show interest on the guy i'm not gonna tell her to.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 188 Votes