MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Well, not with the Gay tag specifically, but some of the fetish tags are like that. You see the tag, then discover that there's only the one scene and it's shit (or in some cases there isn't anything at all, the game is mis-tagged). Maybe not quite the same as if the game is good we can still enjoy it even without the fetish content, but it's similar. And while I've never looked for Gay games, I've looked for lesbian games before and that's not fun.
I read somewhere they were going to revamp the tags, maybe they will take this into account. I find it ridiculous that one scene of avoidable gay sex means that the game gets the gay label. I can think of two games which each have an avoidable gay scene that have the gay label (obviously this is one of them) it is overly cautious. Sometimes it feels like tagging is very haphazard.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Yeah, people actively seeking gay content in this game are gonna be mighty pissed when they play through entire game and likely miss the one image anyway and its not exactly one aimed at stimulating them either given the nature of it. It being tagged as such is ridiculous and benefits no one in all honesty. Still hopefully they read these comments first before they waste their time if that's what they are after. I feel their pain - I like pregnancy games... the number of them ive played which were just a screen or 2 in an ending after playing entire game, yeesh ive felt betrayed more than once or twice when it comes to tags haha

Reactions: cergyn and Spatches

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
There is no 100% everybody agrees tag system as there are grey areas into how much of a thing is necessary to include a tag. Every tag system has to balance several things. Specially when some definitions are not even broadly accepted equally by all.

If you are too lax and by the merely existence of a topic you include it, pretty much all game would have all tags included rendering the system trivial. "Oh yes is interracial because there is one Asian girl appearing in the background in a single scene, she says ""can I have your order?" to the MC".
If you are too strict, you would never include until people start complaining that the game has some feature that they hate and they should have been warned "dude.. I don't care if they haven't had sex or the MC did not see it. If she is already dating another guy, it is NTR. You are a piece of shit trying to include NTR without warning us".

In the end tags are supposed to be broad guidelines. Give you an idea but not be used as perfect systems.

On a total different topic, aren't you all happy Niece is back? :love: I love that petite cutie! She is fantastic.

Last edited:

thebladeofwar

Mar 28, 2018
With the way I was cucked with the adopted daughterfu in the last update, this one better be nothing but her. Fuck I am still mad.

Dec 26, 2017
What's hard to understand? Download it and put it in MidLife Crisis\game
Don't attempt to do what is listed in the quote above: according to that you download "it" (i.e. Midlife Crisis.rar) and put "it" (i.e. Midlife Crisis.rar) into the MidLife Crisis\game folder. That will not work.

If you're not willing to provide competent help to MINOS it would be better if you don't post a reply at all.

MINOS: are you running Windows or macOS? If you are trying to patch the macOS version it's different from the installation instructions included in the "Midlife Crisis.rar" file.

If you are running Windows you will need to do the following. These instructions are general as I don't know your system setup or competence level at using the needed programs.

• download the "Midlife Crisis.rar" which I expect you've done
  • extract the contents of the "Midlife Crisis.rar" file. Windows users either use "WinRAR" (*shuddder*) or 7zip (*yippee!*)
  • one of the files extracted to the confusingly named "Midlife Crisis" folder will be "install guide.txt". View that file and follow the instructions therein. Basically, copy the zz_patch.rpy (and optionally the zz_patch.rpyc) to the "MidLife Crisis\game" folder. This is wherever your RenPy "games" are stored
I say the the extracted folder "Midlife Crisis" is confusingly named is because it shares the same name as the folder (located elsewhere) that you need to copy the patch to.

I hope this helps somewhat.

Reactions: timpo and f95novice

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Don't attempt to do what is listed in the quote above: according to that you download "it" (i.e. Midlife Crisis.rar) and put "it" (i.e. Midlife Crisis.rar) into the MidLife Crisis\game folder. That will not work.

If you're not willing to provide competent help to MINOS it would be better if you don't post a reply at all.

MINOS: are you running Windows or macOS? If you are trying to patch the macOS version it's different from the installation instructions included in the "Midlife Crisis.rar" file.

If you are running Windows you will need to do the following. These instructions are general as I don't know your system setup or competence level at using the needed programs.

• download the "Midlife Crisis.rar" which I expect you've done
  • extract the contents of the "Midlife Crisis.rar" file. Windows users either use "WinRAR" (*shuddder*) or 7zip (*yippee!*)
  • one of the files extracted to the confusingly named "Midlife Crisis" folder will be "install guide.txt". View that file and follow the instructions therein. Basically, copy the zz_patch.rpy (and optionally the zz_patch.rpyc) to the "MidLife Crisis\game" folder. This is wherever your RenPy "games" are stored
I say the the extracted folder "Midlife Crisis" is confusingly named is because it shares the same name as the folder (located elsewhere) that you need to copy the patch to.

I hope this helps somewhat.
Seeing as Krynh's answer is only being short of two words to basically say the same thing you are
Download it and put it's contents in MidLife Crisis\game
I cant' see why you're so worked up over it.

Krynh did make the assumption that MINOS would know how to handle a rar file. Seeing as the latter joined this site in 2017 Id' say most would draw the same conclusion. Which begs the question why MINOS didn't follow the instructions included in the archive themselves. Which in turn made this look suspiciously like a case of RTFM.

Don't get me wrong, I really do appreciate that you're putting up detailed instructions on how to patch the game. As most forum members tend to lurk year in year out, there may be some who struggled with it without ever voicing their need for help. And as the game really loses quite a bit of flavor without it... Well done!

Although you should take note that the files are stored in the archives root, so the folder 'Midlife Crisis' will only ever be created if you opt to 'Extract into folder...' which may be an option specific to 7zip. :geek:

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Krynh did make the assumption that @MINOS would know how to handle a rar file.
Well if you can download the game and extract it, they should already know how to handle a rar file. I didn't realise that Midlife crisis didn't have a folder inside the rar archive as the games name.
Any news on the new update?
And will this game ever be with sound?
No and only the dev knows.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
I didn't realise that Midlife crisis didn't have a folder inside the rar archive as the games name.
My bad, I was being imprecise: Game archives usually do (true for Midlife Crisis), archives containing patches usually don't (true for v0.17-->v0.18, true for incest patch). And while some patches are packed to be applied by extracting the archive inside the game's folder (e.g. RenPy patches carrying their payload inside a folder named 'game'), this one isn't.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes