Jul 20, 2020
So, I downloaded the .20->.21 update, then used the .21 update fix, and on my .20 save when I go to resume it just kicks me to the title screen.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
Wait, I got one single scene with Sarah for the whole update. Which was optional btw. Is that really all for this long awaited release? o_O
Wtf?

• Angry
Reactions: tazaaron

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
So, I downloaded the .20->.21 update, then used the .21 update fix, and on my .20 save when I go to resume it just kicks me to the title screen.
You have encountered a common issue with renpy games where resuming too close to the end of the last game means the update won't be recognised. What you need to do is roll back a 5 or 6 screens using Pg Up then carry on from there.

Wait, I got one single scene with Sarah for the whole update. Which was optional btw. Is that really all for this long awaited release? o_O
For you, yes, you've obviously disabled a good deal of content. The episode opens with a Hailey and Sandra scene, moves to the Sarah scene you got then has scenes with Sandra, Angela and Jeremy (her not-husband) which play out in a multitude of ways.

Reactions: Black Swamp Ent.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
For you, yes, you've obviously disabled a good deal of content. The episode opens with a Hailey and Sandra scene, moves to the Sarah scene you got then has scenes with Sandra, Angela and Jeremy (her not-husband) which play out in a multitude of ways.
I just have a path with no interest in wife or Angela and basically almost all of the rest active.
What a fucking disappointment. Thx for clarifying

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I just have a path with no interest in wife or Angela and basically almost all the rest active. What a fucking disappointment.
This happens when content is optional, sometimes the dev cares about characters the player doesn't and huge updates will seem tiny.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deepthroatme

Aug 6, 2017
I downloaded update and fix, got to Sisters house with Sandra and every couple of clicks get this
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
KeyError: u'bo_name'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "version21.rpyc", line 3392, in script
  File "J:\temp\temp\MidLifeCrisis-0.20-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "J:\temp\temp\MidLifeCrisis-0.20-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1199, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "J:\temp\temp\MidLifeCrisis-0.20-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1003, in __call__
    what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
  File "J:\temp\temp\MidLifeCrisis-0.20-pc\renpy\character.py", line 985, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "J:\temp\temp\MidLifeCrisis-0.20-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
KeyError: u'bo_name'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
MidLifeCrisis 0.21
Sun Sep 27 16:42:30 2020
I can ignore but i's getting annoying seems to happen every time brother in law is meant to say something

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Renzon and Naxos
Jul 20, 2020
You have encountered a common issue with renpy games where resuming too close to the end of the last game means the update won't be recognised. What you need to do is roll back a 5 or 6 screens using Pg Up then carry on from there.
Hmm.. I just tried loading up a save that was considerably behind the .20 "save here" screen (it was the restaurant scene with the hilarious waiter) and it still emptied me into the title screen.

I also ran the gallery as well as the "courteous" mod previously, I can't think that those would affect this.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Hmm.. I just tried loading up a save that was considerably behind the .20 "save here" screen (it was the restaurant scene with the hilarious waiter) and it still emptied me into the title screen.

I also ran the gallery as well as the "courteous" mod previously, I can't think that those would affect this.
Weird, that has always worked for me. I'm also running with the courteous mod so I doubt it's that, possibly the gallery since I don't have that.

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
Having finally played the "fixed" fix of the broken version, all I can say is

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUMN!

Best. Update. EVAR!!

Now if you have certain hang-ups about certain game-tags, y'all are gonna be disappointed by the lack of content, but if you're like me 100% commited to being a pervert while also mature enough to realise that this is just a game and in games, anything goes! then you'll realise a Midlife Crisis update is like a Borderlands 3 DLC, dropping Legendaries every other scene!

Too many options to pick a favourite scene, but it's safe to say Sandra jumped right up to the number 1 spot in my rankings. HOLY COW, when she finally lets loose, she REALLY lets loose.

Jul 20, 2020
Weird, that has always worked for me. I'm also running with the courteous mod so I doubt it's that, possibly the gallery since I don't have that.
I appears it's the Gallery mod, I did a fresh install of the game, added in courteous mod and inc. patch and got an error when trying to load a game. So either the gallery mod needs updating or I'll have to start fresh.. ugh. I guess I could use skip ahead function to get back to where I was at.

Edit: I lucked out:
I was able to delete the gallery mod from my game folder, replace the version20.rpy/rpyc etc and i'm into .21. :D

Last edited:

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I wish i could play the update but i get to many errors even with the fix that is apparently not working....
But alot of ppl seem to enjoy it.
I wait till a fixed entire version is up.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrammerCop

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
Not gonna lie, this update made me jump thru some unexpected hoops. I play with only the incest mod installed but my process was:

-install v0.20>v0.21 patch
-install v0.21fix
-install Unren
-open console, set bo_name= "Shrimp"

Et voila, everything works as it's supposed to.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I wish i could play the update but i get to many errors even with the fix that is apparently not working....
But alot of ppl seem to enjoy it.
I wait till a a fixed entire version is up.
I realised this myself on a replay, picking the MFF choice does cause errors which, since I'm an unapologetic degenerate, I didn't see because of course I picked the 'Show All' option.

Choosing to go alone or see everything means the game works just fine.

Reactions: Miðgarðsormr

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
I realised this myself on a replay, picking the MFF choice does cause errors which, since I'm an unapologetic degenerate, I didn't see because of course I picked the 'Show All' option.

Choosing to go alone or see everything means the game works just fine.
:oops:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes