Rudrig

Apr 23, 2018
You need to define bo_name
Ctrl+O
bo_name = u'Jeremy'

Must be as typed (you can change Jeremy, that's just the default)
all lower case
all spaces in place
u before the inverts
and something, anything you want for the brother in law's name between the inverts

Joker with all names the inverts must be preceded with a u eg = u'namehere'

What is? I am playing V0.21
The OP has V0.20 plus updates to V0.21 plus bug fixes for V0.21
There's also a compressed version of V0.21 kindly provided by JokerLeader

HTH
Thanks for the heads-up, it worked like charm. Thanks a lot again.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
If u choose to go to the sister without the wife, after MC gets back, the scene loops back and u got the scene where the wife goes with u (no mods used)

Didn't we get the choice to what kind of relation we want with the sister a few updates back (cuck, sharing, straight romance) ?
I find it a bit weird we only get the choice for cuck or mmf but no straight option, while when u go with with ur wife u can send Jeremy to work and have both girls for urself, why no option to send Jeremy away and have the sister for u ?

Seeing the lenght of the update i guess i missed a lot, as i'm not interested in the wife neither romance, nor corrupting her.
Still hope for the option to get rid of the wife, the focus on her in the last updates was rather disappointing if u don't want have anything to with her...

magus448

May 22, 2018
I figured we would swing with the black couple first before introducing swinging+incest with Sandra. Well gotta thank the niece for getting that ball rolling.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Ahh okay.
I've had issues in the past using the console and not getting everything right. Since then I have stuck religiously to how it is displayed when you go into the Variable Viewer.
Yeah, i understand that, something that works for you, you should keep using that.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
[...] whenever there is a name invovled in any Ren-Py games you MUST put a u after the = but before the inverts.
bo_name = u'whatevernameyouwanthere'
No.

Ren'py is silently converting all strings in Unicode, whatever they come from the console or directly from a Ren'py script. Therefore, there's no need to prefix the said strings, they'll end being in Unicode anyway.
The only case where the prefix is needed is when the string is located in a Python file. Yet it's not mandatory unless they aren't in strict ASCII.

Reactions: botc76 and Hordragg

Fraxo

Jul 2, 2017
If u choose to go to the sister without the wife, after MC gets back, the scene loops back and u got the scene where the wife goes with u (no mods used)
The scene looped for me too. Choose to go alone, and when I went back the scene repeated with Sandra going along. Seems like the third choice to see all content first is overpowering the two other paths.

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
Okay, I have trouble, popping up errors on different path with MC sister. No matter what path I choose (MC go solo, or with wife), a traceback pops up. And I can't ignore it or anything. (I have a fixed version)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
ScriptError: could not find label 'scenemsb21v'. .... same error with wife or go alone path.
In the V21 file there is no scenemsb21v.
The instructions state jump to... but there is nothing to go to.
This is in both the compressed version and the update 20 to 21 version.
I can't see a link to the whole v21, but 3.5 gb+ is too much for my connection.

Can someone who got to the end of the game without this error post
MidLifeCrisis\game\version21.rpy

I do seem to have all the pictures though.

ETA -
Looking up, it doesn't have 'scenemw21v' in the instructions beyond jump too.

Also noticed that there doesn't seem to be an option to select your canon choice in the file I have.

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
In the V21 file there is no scenemsb21v.
The instructions state jump to... but there is nothing to go to.
This is in both the compressed version and the update 20 to 21 version.
I can't see a link to the whole v21, but 3.5 gb+ is too much for my connection.

Can someone who got to the end of the game without this error post
MidLifeCrisis\game\version21.rpy

I do seem to have all the pictures though.
I have the same.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Let me take a stab at it.

1. download all 3 files from the first post of this thread (MidLifeCrisis-0.20-pc.zip, Midlife_Crisis_20to21.zip, 21FixedScript.zip)

Then stop and think about how many millions of stars there are in the Universe

2. Unpack MidLifeCrisis-0.20-pc.zip

3. Unpack Midlife_Crisis_20to21.zip and move both scripts.rpa and version21.rpa into your MidlifeCrisis/Game folder. Overwrite as needed.

4. Unpack 21FixedScript.zip and move scripts.rpa into your MidlifeCrisis/Game folder. Overwrite as needed and then start your game.

5. When you get to a certain part of the story you might see the following error

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/version21.rpy", line 3011, in script
if not bo_name:
File "game/version21.rpy", line 3011, in <module>
if not bo_name:
NameError: name 'bo_name' is not defined"

If you do then you can fix it by using unren.bat

Basically you want to use Option 3 Enable Console and Development Menu and once you've done that. Restart your game and

6. Press Shift-O in your game and at the console prompt write bo_name = 'whatevernameyouwanthere'

Or if you want to fix it permanently then use option 1 in unren.bat Extract RPA packages
and open up version21.rpy in an editor. add a "define" statement under the last default statement so it looks like this:

Line
13 default bailedout21v = False
14 define bo_name = ""

Save the file and restart your game

Then think about the stars again and how many there are and how a good chunk of them might like contain intelligent life.
And isn't it weird that we haven't been contacted yet? Maybe it's because we are not in the real universe at all. Maybe we are in a some high with a Toposophic rating of 6 or above has created
Way too much work. I would rather wait for the official release of v0.21.2 fixed.

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
I downloaded compressed version + fix 0.21 and all works fine. Only few missing images.

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
Did you download both the update and the update fix? You need both.
Ermmm spot the idiot time...
I downloaded the fix, but in all the different versions, I had put it in the game folder BUT
I use unren and did not think to run it again after I had put it in the folder, so I guess it was reading the old Version 21 rpy
:unsure:

Thank you

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes