May 27, 2020

Sunday update
So the folks on discord are helping me stay better in touch. Every sunday(ish) I plan on giving a small progress update from here on out, may only be a small paragraph. This one is good, the progress is update .25 will release today. Those of you who have been around a while know the time depends on upload, not sure if it will be this evening or later tonight, but will be soon.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
hmmm i wonder if it is better to support him on patreon or subscribestar... hmmm looks like info there is the same as patreon... i am upset with patreon's policies but I wonder which is better for the dev...

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
hmmm i wonder if it is better to support him on patreon or subscribestar... hmmm looks like info there is the same as patreon... i am upset with patreon's policies but I wonder which is better for the dev...
As I understand it, Patreon currently takes a slightly smaller percentage of your contribution. I hope this isn't because of PayPal, but because Patreon is bigger. I'd like to see SubscribeStar get big enough that they can be more competitive in fees.

I've spoken with a few developers who'd like to transfer everything to SubscribeStar, but too many patrons would be lost.

Reactions: Ruffuss and Freki

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
As I understand it, Patreon currently takes a slightly smaller percentage of your contribution. I hope this isn't because of PayPal, but because Patreon is bigger. I'd like to see SubscribeStar get big enough that they can be more competitive in fees.

I've spoken with a few developers who'd like to transfer everything to SubscribeStar, but too many patrons would be lost.
yea i just want to if i decide to i'd like to help him out the best way.

Jorund

Jun 10, 2018
cause why bother clicking on patreon link .
Did you??
As non-supporter the latest news you see is "... update .25 will release today ", no further info nor confirmation. Maybe you think its impatient or so, and maybe it is, but i was wondering too if it really released as it would ease my mind knowing i can expect the OP updating soon. Cause i am REALLY looking forward to this update.

localhost

Sep 17, 2020
Did the update come out yesterday?
Nefastus is one of the best developers as far as having regular releases with significant content. Maybe the best! He is awesome and I love him! However, you have to learn to understand the Nefastus' native dialect of English. Much like Spock when giving the status of the Enterprise in "Wrath of Khan." I have found that "today" means in 1 to 7 days, with a mean time of 3 days. Just check his Patreon page. Better yet, become a subscriber.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Did you??
As non-supporter the latest news you see is "... update .25 will release today ", no further info nor confirmation. Maybe you think its impatient or so, and maybe it is, but i was wondering too if it really released as it would ease my mind knowing i can expect the OP updating soon. Cause i am REALLY looking forward to this update.
so if he says he will release the update and yet you don't see the update what does that tell you? :FacePalm:

Jorund

Jun 10, 2018
so if he says he will release the update and yet you don't see the update what does that tell you? :FacePalm:
Not much as long as i can't watch beyond a possibly hidden paywall. I do not know Patreon good enough to say wether or not i should be able to see (possibly blurred) updates, news and releases meant only for patreons.

Comaco

Aug 10, 2017
Not much as long as i can't watch beyond a possibly hidden paywall. I do not know Patreon good enough to say wether or not i should be able to see (possibly blurred) updates, news and releases meant only for patreons.
You should. The posts themselves are visible with the titles visible. Usually you can also read the first couple of text lines. If you took a look at the page, you'd notice the posts labeled 5$, 10$, etc. so you can see the subscriber level they are paywalled to.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
that tells me that even after I advised to check you didn't so...yea...best of luck...
I mean you go on page 1 and click on patron link...not that hard..but you can't be bothered..

• Angry
Reactions: Jorund
4.40 star(s) 188 Votes