Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
often it is deducible what will happen and what will not happen in a game/movie/TV series/book by the general approach and setting what will happen and what will not happen. And at least to me, this game doesn't seem to be set up for random sex guests.
Its called subverting expectations ;)

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Yes, and it can be a great thing if done right. However, a major shift like this at this time is rarely done well, and just making some twist for the sake of it has ruined quite a few movies. When you start off a movie as a merry musical about the toils of the farmer and then suddenly switch to slasher horror (or the other way round), you better do it well and still do not alienate the crowd that came in for the original movie.

And also, if all games suddenly introduced a random mob of guys to gangbang the girls, that wouldn't subvert any expectation anyway, since after a while we'd get used to it. So maybe one can pull it off, that doesn't mean that the others are lacking. Even if most games only tried some kind of twist like that, not all the same, we'd only wait for the twist. And never know beforehand whether or not we really like a game.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
And it's generally a bad thing, our expectatations are born from experience so any attempt to subvert them needs to be reverse engineered so that, in retrospect, the viewer/reader/player can lean back in admiration (or feel super smug if, 30 minutes in, they realised Bruce Willis was dead the whole time)

Gangbangs haven't been hinted at, the only possible sharing (with other men) has been heavily signposted to make it easily avoidable for those not into it

So what? All other males in this universe are gay? The people participating don't need to be known characters.
They kinda do actually, every lewdable character introduced so far has been in some way connected to an existing one so itdoesn'tfitthe narrative to suddenly introduce a bunch of strangers for a throwaway scene

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Yes, and it can be a great thing if done right. However, a major shift like this at this time is rarely done well, and just making some twist for the sake of it has ruined quite a few movies. When you start off a movie as a merry musical about the toils of the farmer and then suddenly switch to slasher horror (or the other way round), you better do it well and still do not alienate the crowd that came in for the original movie.

And also, if all games suddenly introduced a random mob of guys to gangbang the girls, that wouldn't subvert any expectation anyway, since after a while we'd get used to it. So maybe one can pull it off, that doesn't mean that the others are lacking. Even if most games only tried some kind of twist like that, not all the same, we'd only wait for the twist. And never know beforehand whether or not we really like a game.
"What if M. Night Shyamalan made and AVN?

And it's generally a bad thing, our expectatations are born from experience so any attempt to subvert them needs to be reverse engineered so that, in retrospect, the viewer/reader/player can lean back in admiration (or feel super smug if, 30 minutes in, they realised Bruce Willis was dead the whole time)
Speaking of Mr. Shyamalan...

• Haha
Reactions: Snugglepuff

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Have you been reading the Discord? Because, oh, man, we've been talking about a BIG subversion!!! Not going to happen, which is probably for the best, but the part of me that likes Andy Kaufman (or maybe Tony Clifton) would be delighted.

• Haha
Reactions: lemonfreak

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I'm probably going to be crucified for this but are any of the other girls going to be joining in on the swinging.
I do recall Nef saying that it would not happen somewhere. I think that was aimed specifically at Christine and Amanda...but probably everyone else as well.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I do recall Nef saying that it would not happen somewhere. I think that was aimed specifically at Christine and Amanda...but probably everyone else as well.
Did he? I mean, as with a previous (less well phrased) question we have the issue of a lack of useful male characters (or does anybody think Pizza Boy will get Christine action? Doubtful ...) But generally speaking it wouldn't disturb the story as much as "5 guys appear, gangbang". Maybe somebody at the office who used to have bad sunburn?

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Did he? I mean, as with a previous (less well phrased) question we have the issue of a lack of useful male characters (or does anybody think Pizza Boy will get Christine action? Doubtful ...) But generally speaking it wouldn't disturb the story as much as "5 guys appear, gangbang". Maybe somebody at the office who used to have bad sunburn?
Yeap, he said it doesn't fit their characters. - https://f95zone.to/threads/midlife-crisis-v0-32-nefastus-games.20427/post-7698430

Also, agree with what you're saying. The gangbang idea would be way out in left field for this story.

karrek

May 14, 2017
Yeah, if he were going to do a gangbang it would take a lot of slow buildup to lead up to it in a way that could feel at all natural. Doesn't seem worth it for something that goes against the tone of the rest of the game that much, and also that won't appeal to most of the fans (because the people who like this game like it for what it is already).

Reactions: Cartageno

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
Christine giving Pizza Boy a hand or blowjob while Dad is fucking her wouldn't feel out of place to me. An office threesome, or a demonstration to James that his little sister is a sexual being could also work out well. None of these are necessary either, but at least they make way more sense than "the tourbus of the South Park Bronco's broke down in front of MCs house, so they gangbang his wife and daughters".

karrek

May 14, 2017
I could see Christine letting him watch that, even encouraging him to jack off while doing so, but it doesn't seem to fit her current characterization to actually have any physical contact with him. She gets off on driving him crazy, and actually giving him a handy, much less a bj, would go against that.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes