TRKaiser

Apr 11, 2023
TBH I'd rather him focus on providing good quality product to the best of his ability instead of doing what some other devs do and spend more time making excuses than working on the game lol. And people familiar with this routine were speaking up saying its normal and not to throw panic flags.

Frankbob

Dec 25, 2021
Really dont wanna be that guy that complains about releases, being a supporter of Nef and really like the project he is providing for us this is what is bothering patrons. Reading this updates one would think that the update would have been finished 2 months ago.

I will continue to support monthly but clearing up the confusion around updates would only help Nef and the game become more of a success that it already is. Good update posts goes along way in helping a project retain subs.

Post a teaser render and talk a lil bit about it and thats about it, once a week or so is perfect, dont make any estimates on time of release until you are sure you are close.

Feb25.png

March 27.png

April21.png

April30.png

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Post a teaser render and talk a lil bit about it and thats about it, once a week or so is perfect, dont make any estimates on time of release until you are sure you are close.
Yes, but that is something a lots of devs are doing and most of them have no malicous intent while doing so. And on top off it, something can go wrong even, if you know you 98% finished and only need half a day - The so called bus factor.
But from his update history, he deliverd, more than one update per year and that both is enough for me.

Last edited:

karrek

May 14, 2017
Yeah, I've said it before in here, but Nef makes great work and I don't want him to compromise that just to meet some artificial release deadline. I'd rather fewer releases and the quality stay up.

That said, a teensy bit more communication would be nice. :LOL:

Reactions: CircaAD

K_Redeemed

Dec 14, 2017
Yes, but that is something a lots of devs are doing and most of them have no malicous intent while doing so. And on top off it, something can go wrong even, if you know you 98% finished and only need half a day - The so called bus factor.
But from his update history, he deliverd, more than one update per year and that both is enough for me.
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that someone who is being paid to develop this game meet the deadlines that he himself sets (or clearly communicates when there has been a delay). As you note, this is a trend that a *lot* of developers in the adult game sphere are guilty of, and I don't think normalizing that is a good thing.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that someone who is being paid to develop this game meet the deadlines that he himself sets (or clearly communicates when there has been a delay). As you note, this is a trend that a *lot* of developers in the adult game sphere are guilty of, and I don't think normalizing that is a good thing.
I agree with you, that if you post a deadline, you should be sure about it and do your best to be meet it or communicate, why not.
I don't agree that this is a trend and I don't normalizing it.

I've only written, that i don't think that Nef do that with bad intent and that his (release) history, at least for me, is more importent than his next message with how close he is to the next release.
I also have written that this is a habit of a lot of devs.

I haven't written that this is a good pratice or that this should be supported. I think that this should be, as always, look at a case to case base.

For Nef case, he shouldn't put out estimate, my opinion. From his post, he only put out a date once, written that it should be out in this month (April).

From his estimate and his post, this would be the explonerated day the update should have dropped:
2023-01-252023-02-142023-02-25
35.00%60.00%80.00%
50.00%85.00%90.00%
Case 12023-02-202023-02-28
Case 22023-03-182023-03-08
Case 32023-02-222023-03-19
Case 42023-05-05-
Min2023-02-202023-02-28
Max2023-05-052023-03-19
Average2023-03-172023-03-09

What can we conclude? Probably nothing more, than Nef should't make estimates.;)
But if we whant to conclude more, the thrid estimates from Nef in relation two the first two, were for nothing. The first two were also too optimistic. Only the combination of 50% on 2023-01-25 and 60% on 2023-02-14, put the release in a time that isn't that much "false". At least currently, if the games comes out in the very next days.

But then again, it exist a saying for work and planning, double your estimate and change the time unit to the next bigger one.:D

Last edited:

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
Yeah, I've said it before in here, but Nef makes great work and I don't want him to compromise that just to meet some artificial release deadline. I'd rather fewer releases and the quality stay up.

That said, a teensy bit more communication would be nice. :LOL:
I agree. I told him on Discord "I would rather hear a 'hey, guys, it's not ready" rather than "...". It is really hard for me to be consistent with my patronage when a developer isn't consistent with their communication. I COMPLETELY understand when a developer is like "Hey, I am having a hard time right now, shit's weird". But when they flat out ghost for a while, it makes me less excited to support them. Especially, when they say, several times, "hey stuffs almost done" or "I am uploading now" and they ghost. A simple "Hey, it's not ready, and I am delaying" on Patreon does wonders for me. But when they go silent and use myriad excuses, I stop supporting.

Norexy

Jan 7, 2017
I agree. I told him on Discord "I would rather hear a 'hey, guys, it's not ready" rather than "...". It is really hard for me to be consistent with my patronage when a developer isn't consistent with their communication. I COMPLETELY understand when a developer is like "Hey, I am having a hard time right now, shit's weird". But when they flat out ghost for a while, it makes me less excited to support them. Especially, when they say, several times, "hey stuffs almost done" or "I am uploading now" and they ghost. A simple "Hey, it's not ready, and I am delaying" on Patreon does wonders for me. But when they go silent and use myriad excuses, I stop supporting.
Me too I wanted to subscribe him to at least support him financially for his great game but he is not consistent. I would get it if he uploaded after 2 more months but he shouldn't have said that I am uploading, %100 done or finishing this month. I will support him when he uploads regardless of when this month but this is not cool at all

TRKaiser

Apr 11, 2023
Really though if we are all being honest... people will complain if he goes ghost and then updates... people will complain if he is as transparent as can be and say there is a delay... Damned if you do, damned if you don't... as long as the game stays at a good quality or improves and does not get abandoned ima happy pirate...
That being said, I can see how patrons would feel discomfort as withdrawals are happening on their cards and the dev is MIA...

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
This is hardly unique to adult gaming. Pretty much any game studio that isn't making hundreds of millions in revenue every year consistently blows past deadlines. Even some of the big AAA studios blow past deadlines. Look at Cyberpunk, released late and was unfinished.
I don't disagree with you. If can't make the deadline then don't post the deadline. If you think you can make a certain date still don't commit to it. Still, as consumers we need to be aware that nobody intentionally chooses to delay a release. If something's being delayed then there's probably a good reason for it.
So imo devs shouldn't make deadlines, and players should do their best to not be a pain in the as when devs blow past deadlines, even if it's brutally late like Nef is doing rn.

Reactions: toobs and Dragon59

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
This is hardly unique to adult gaming. Pretty much any game studio that isn't making hundreds of millions in revenue every year consistently blows past deadlines. Even some of the big AAA studios blow past deadlines. Look at Cyberpunk, released late and was unfinished.
Yup, even AAA studios often go one of three ways - can easily combined because they are not mutually exclusive (as your example clearly shows):

(a) try some kind of "Bioware Magic" - entice or try to force their employees to work ridiculous overtimes to get something out on time
(b) publish something that is somewhere between an alpha and beta release
(c) still blow their deadlines to oblivion.

And while I agree that "give no deadline until you have a reliable educated guess" is the way to go, I prefer (c) out of the above.

However, in this case here we can always say "they don't deliver what they promised, so we pull our support".

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
Yup, even AAA studios often go one of three ways - can easily combined because they are not mutually exclusive (as your example clearly shows):

(a) try some kind of "Bioware Magic" - entice or try to force their employees to work ridiculous overtimes to get something out on time
(b) publish something that is somewhere between an alpha and beta release
(c) still blow their deadlines to oblivion.

And while I agree that "give no deadline until you have a reliable educated guess" is the way to go, I prefer (c) out of the above.

However, in this case here we can always say "they don't deliver what they promised, so we pull our support".
And then there's Bethesda's method, until they announced Starfield, anyway. Pretend they're not working on anything at all, deny the existence of any projects of any kind, down to bathroom remodeling, then announce the game when it's just a few months from release.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
We had pretty good dialog going on Discord. He kind of reached out to us letting us know he is going to "try" to do a progress update every two weeks... I have heard that before, but he told me to smack him if it's been two weeks and nothings been posted.

View attachment 2617778
Cool, so in the future we can blame you for not smacking him enough (y)

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes