The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
Hmm, did you make him thank you?? Did he ask for more?? we need to be careful this doesn't turn into a reward! :unsure:
Nah, but your dad did.
Anyways, no he did not. However, he is "hinting" that it is dropping tomorrow, afterall.
I can't stress this enough, if you like the game, PLEASE, try to support him anyway you can. Even a dollar means a lot. And if you can't do a dollar, at least tell your friends about Midlife Crisis and spread the good word.

1684009612093.png

Last edited:

MNDrake

Dec 9, 2021
Before I get on my little soapbox I will preface this with the following.
1) I'm a developer to, not games or VNs, I write code for businesses.
2) I have missed a few deadlines over the years *(20+) and I always hate it.
3) I do not know the dev on this game or if this IS their job or a hobby, or side gig.
Enough preface, I would rather have an update with out promises until you are close enough to get one pretty dang close. But I do understand that feces occurs. And to be honest I would prefer it be a good solid release that is enjoyable to play than some rushed hack because of a missed deadline due to over promising.
I'm also new to this genre of games/VNs and still also learning the culture. There are several that I support and I have offered help on some as well as well with English translations, etc. I have looked at he code in the rpy modules it while it does not look like rocket science , it does look like you could easily get "lost in the code" ... lots of testing and tracking of what it going on to make a release stable and playable.
I'm not an artist and would have no idea how to help render images, and I gather that's a high end computer kind of that, and I'm not one to build the story.
One thing I have not seen on any of these games that would make things better from a "ok, I'm interested in support this author/creator" perspective is if in the change log there was simply a date for each release. then you can look at it and say ... new updates ever X months/weeks/whatever.
I guess what I'm saying is this ... unless you're donating a hundy a month to this dev ... just be happy there's a game to play, and no, I don't give any dev that kind of $$ and I doubt any of the whiners do either. I for one, enjoy the game, enjoy the story and will play it as it comes.

--- No fancy footer yet. :)

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
Before I get on my little soapbox I will preface this with the following.
1) I'm a developer to, not games or VNs, I write code for businesses.
2) I have missed a few deadlines over the years *(20+) and I always hate it.
3) I do not know the dev on this game or if this IS their job or a hobby, or side gig.
Enough preface, I would rather have an update with out promises until you are close enough to get one pretty dang close. But I do understand that feces occurs. And to be honest I would prefer it be a good solid release that is enjoyable to play than some rushed hack because of a missed deadline due to over promising.
I'm also new to this genre of games/VNs and still also learning the culture. There are several that I support and I have offered help on some as well as well with English translations, etc. I have looked at he code in the rpy modules it while it does not look like rocket science , it does look like you could easily get "lost in the code" ... lots of testing and tracking of what it going on to make a release stable and playable.
I'm not an artist and would have no idea how to help render images, and I gather that's a high end computer kind of that, and I'm not one to build the story.
One thing I have not seen on any of these games that would make things better from a "ok, I'm interested in support this author/creator" perspective is if in the change log there was simply a date for each release. then you can look at it and say ... new updates ever X months/weeks/whatever.
I guess what I'm saying is this ... unless you're donating a hundy a month to this dev ... just be happy there's a game to play, and no, I don't give any dev that kind of $$ and I doubt any of the whiners do either. I for one, enjoy the game, enjoy the story and will play it as it comes.

--- No fancy footer yet. :)
nobody-cares.gif

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Please let me know (PM) if someone notices the new version link. Many thanks (y)

girlfairdev

Mar 15, 2020
Unless I completely misread it, this dev is a complete solo act, a one man show. That usually means this work is 'my hobby turned passion turned avocation and hopefully one day will make me successful', or in other words, a side gig. But until it gets rolling it remains a side gig. Side gigs get put on hold for many more reasons than primary gigs and personal needs. They all provide a jillion reasons but that's the reality, they'll get to it when they get to it. Patreon doesn't change it, neither does pressure, and browbeating the dev won't either and can from time to time drive them to say screw it and move on to other interests. That being said, if they do that, they were doomed to fail anyhow. Takes a thick skin to write for a finicky public. If you're an organization of creators, a company or such, with output demands, peer pressure with income demands etc., you tend to push a timetable with a little more diligence. With these indies, you'll get it when you get it.
I am, BTW, good with that. I've supported this dev for a couple months in the early development of this game, but in reality long term membership with any dev is not financially feasible. So I linger here in pirate land and take my free shots as they come. What would sadden me is this talented dev giving up or backing out, abandoning this very intriguing game. Particularly this far into the story. Can't sweat it though, because that does no good either, and it wouldn't be the first time I've seen it happen. Seeing this story through to completion would 'make his bones' in a really sound way.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 188 Votes