Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
She was literally yelling at her calling her a home wrecking slut and whore. You don't play that kind of roleplay on an unsuspecting person, you have a good long talk about exactly what you're planning with something like that. Sorry, but I'm just not going to feel good about a sex scene that ends with a LI crying her ass off like that, there was no need for any of it other than for Sandra to feel like a bad ass bitch. I'd have been the one using the safe word if I was there, maybe it's just me but I can't have fun while someone's getting yelled at for no fucking reason.
Mind you I've been with a sub who forgot her safe word once so I'm a little sensitive about this shit anyway. That was a horrible experience for her, and then both of us right after.
Besides nothing against Sandra, I just can't stand the character she was playing for that scene.
I get what you're saying, but Sarah DID choose the slutty maid character, and was reminded very early to safe word if she needed it. And this isn't real life - as much as I would NEVER do that in a scene with partners, as a fantasy in a game I'm OK with it. This isn't a kink instruction manual.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
and for some people they don't like to discuss boundaries before hand, because it makes it a less authentic experience.
I mean, if you are responsible you ALWAYS discuss boundaries before hand, but you don't always need to script everything. A simple green/red conversation is a bare minimum in real life. But of course, this isn't real life.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
I mean, if you are responsible you ALWAYS discuss boundaries before hand, but you don't always need to script everything. A simple green/red conversation is a bare minimum in real life. But of course, this isn't real life.
If people were reasonable and responsible beings the world would be a much better place, for example video game devs who keep adding gambling to there games and causing minors to get addicted to gambling. If they were responsible they wouldn't add it to their games, but of course greed is a powerful thing unfortunately.

More on topic though, I know people who are into BDSM and who also do roleplay as well from time to time, that do like to set boundaries beforehand, but I also know a couple who don't, and never have because it makes the experience less authentic for them, they are fine with an established safe word and that's it, everyone is different as I've already said, and yes there's also the fact that this is only a game.

Reactions: DA22

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
...but I also know a couple who don't, and never have because it makes the experience less authentic for them, they are fine with an established safe word and that's it...
If it's just them, that's fine, or with experienced partners, but if they are bringing anyone new into the scene that way, that's fucked up.

Reactions: Cartageno and DA22

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
These things occasionally happen during in life, which is why the aftercare Sandra gave and the reassurrances from MC are really important that it doesn't leave lasting mark on their psyche.
I would say that it will likely have a lasting effect on her, but it's probably a positive one. You think that she reacted like that and didn't already have some existing guilt about how she was teasing MC so much and how nice Sandra has always been to her? It's not exactly the method of therapy that I'd recommend, but I think that getting it out in the open like that and reassuring her was a good thing all around.

StephanieD

Jan 16, 2023
Porthas I have to agree that Sandra is a strange looking woman, the other girls are
pretty, but Sandra yikes.

But in the words of Tom Baker "Sometimes you have to take the rough with the smooth"

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I mean, you could also just put some playlist on yourself.
Problem with that compared to a mod would be of course that a mod knows when a scene changes and the smooth jazz from the bar scene should be replaced with heavy music for the bar fight, your own playlist doesn't do that.

I mean to be fair:

I have honestly seen more than one pregnant woman cry over some random commercial

Like 3 different women with different temperaments.

Random commercial
Sure, hormones make pregnant women behave differently. However, Sarah isn't necessarily pregnant and it is indeed a quite intense experience she was having, certainly more intense than even the Super Bowl commercials ;)

I get what you're saying, but Sarah DID choose the slutty maid character, and was reminded very early to safe word if she needed it. And this isn't real life - as much as I would NEVER do that in a scene with partners, as a fantasy in a game I'm OK with it. This isn't a kink instruction manual.
While I will still say that boundaries should exist in games, at least for me to enjoy them, this is always an important point. Many of these games are wish fulfillment fantasies and one of the wishes is that problems don't exist, at least not basic ones (needing to convince girls that you are indeed a nice guy can be very entertaining). And I will do tons of stuff in games I wouldn't do nor recommend nor even consider acceptable in real life, e. g. I never killed anybody. That being said, for others this wish may not include girls breaking down and cry. It's down to taste again.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2022
Porthas I have to agree that Sandra is a strange looking woman, the other girls are
pretty, but Sandra yikes.

But in the words of Tom Baker "Sometimes you have to take the rough with the smooth"
Actually I don't have a problem with the looks of Sandra. In so many of these games they'll have a supposed MILF that doesn't look a day over twenty-somethingish with a representative son or daughter and mom appears to look no older than the kids. Pageant queens have their place but not everyplace.

Chevy2ss

May 11, 2021
Midlife Crisis a perspective from someone just past there's buying the car we wanted when we were younger but can afford it now having a side piece like a working girl or being a sugar daddy having extra time and money to help people or the resources or friends to make a difference still loving your wife who has been their since the beginning and sharing some new things ;) to light up your love life leads to difficult conversations but if you move to a younger hottie you end up been alone in your sixties so I'm good with the wife's appearance look around at other women in their 40s with 2 kid's I think the devs got it right

Reactions: ghostrider4570

BebhyeMM

Jan 5, 2019
here is my unofficial android port of Midlife Crisis v0.32a.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
updated: 23.01.2023 (v0.32a)
Can you update link ? Or update to v33 ? Please
?

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
i have a 'slight' problem with (first?) threesome scene with Sarah and your wife. ALL is prepared. Your wife and the redhead. Next you go to bed and three blackscreen tell you that your week was uneventful until thursday. But then Thursday comes and the game does NOT recognize that the Scene has to come now, instead it tells you, that you somehow missed the scene and if you want to see it nevertheless. Seems a bit odd to me, anyone else having this slight problem? What could have i missed? Or is it just a bug?
The question is because there seemed to have been an issue where some people who thought they were on the path for that scene weren't. Just means you had that little bug because the flag wasn't set, you didn't miss any content, I just didn't want to force people to have to go way back on a replay to get the scene they thought they were set for.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CircaAD

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
A lot of you missed the point of Sarah at the end of her scene. The roleplay had very little to do with her emotions. SARAH chose the role of maid/employer having affair and getting caught, she surprised MC with the outfit and MC and wife changed their roles on the fly to fit what Sarah wanted. The roleplay was great for her....her emotional state at the end was because, like it or not, she felt like she DID go behind wife's back and seduce MC at the beginning. She never discussed it with Sandra, and she eventually felt guilty because she has come to like Sandra so much. The breakdown had nothing to do with anything Sandra or MC said or did. It was more of a catharsis after everything FINALLY being in the open and being fully accepted by Sandra. Add in a little bit of guilty conscience with the hormonal release of an intense orgasm....and you get a slight breakdown. Remember...my characters aren't sex robots the MC owns and programs to his liking. If you want to be the god of the girls in your VN....this isn't the game for you, there are plenty of others out there that give you that. They have emotions, they make decisions, and sometimes....they don't share those with the MC and he has no idea.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
A lot of you missed the point of Sarah at the end of her scene. The roleplay had very little to do with her emotions. SARAH chose the role of maid/employer having affair and getting caught, she surprised MC with the outfit and MC and wife changed their roles on the fly to fit what Sarah wanted. The roleplay was great for her....her emotional state at the end was because, like it or not, she felt like she DID go behind wife's back and seduce MC at the beginning. She never discussed it with Sandra, and she eventually felt guilty because she has come to like Sandra so much. The breakdown had nothing to do with anything Sandra or MC said or did. It was more of a catharsis after everything FINALLY being in the open and being fully accepted by Sandra. Add in a little bit of guilty conscience with the hormonal release of an intense orgasm....and you get a slight breakdown. Remember...my characters aren't sex robots the MC owns and programs to his liking. If you want to be the god of the girls in your VN....this isn't the game for you, there are plenty of others out there that give you that. They have emotions, they make decisions, and sometimes....they don't share those with the MC and he has no idea.
I figured as much, that she already felt guilty and the roleplay scene just triggered it to come out.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nefastus

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
That's something I didn't even consider, that the reason she was so emotional was the feeling of being accepted and not having to hide anything anymore, everything is finally open and after they were done she felt a bit guilty because it had to even be behind anyone's back in the first place. I loved the scene personally, and figured the roleplay/sex itself had nothing directly to do with emotions afterwards, more like it was the thing that finally got her to let out emotions and guilt she already had pent up for a while.

Looking forward to more amazing scenes with both of them, it's my favorite scene of the game thus far. :love:

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
Well we ALL know that the WORST part of this game is. I mean the MEAN evil CRUEL Nefastus DENIED our BELOVED MC the Chocolate Chip Cookie. I mean what kind of SICK twisted mind would do THAT. OK, I'm going back to my corner to cry some more. :cry:

Oh, LOVE the game (other than the EVIL scene), the new update was VERY good.

1) will next update have more with the HOT black Mother and Daughter??
2) will we get a NEW awesome song from the MC??
3) will we be Ric Rolled??
4) will the MC FINALLY get to enjoy a Chocolate Chip Cookie??

These questions and more will be answered in the next EXCITING update. :)

Just a thought

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
That's pretty much how I took it.

Any scene like that will pull up powerful emotions in the participants. But powerful isn't always bad. And handled correctly (after care, etc.), it can be powerfully good.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes