the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial Android port of Midlife Crisis v0.34.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my Android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like Windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11+), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Raboobie

Oct 6, 2020
To the both of you, if you are talking about this new "DARK" path, this is not adding any of this type of content to the story what so ever. PLEASE READ the dev's own wordsw before assuming. Also, I want to point out that this is a way for the dev to clear writers block and burn out which many other devs and writers use themselves as both issues can cause lengthy delays and abandoned projects till they can be cleared. this is why it's got the term "DARK" in the name because it delves into the darkness aspects.
A bit late to the party on this. And this post is not about any kinks, but your comment, specifically "PLEASE READ the dev's own wordsw before assuming." I read his post before stumbling down the line to further comments about the kinks...

Having read the dev's post that it's about clearing the writers block does absofuckinglutely nothing to assuage fears or thoughts on kinks. He doesn't mention anything about what makes it dark or not. We all have our own interpretation of what "dark" is or is not. Judging it on "clearing writers block" could mean anything. Aliens, magic, a whole laundry list of kinks, gender benders, mind swaps, time travel.... any of those can fall into "clearing creative blocks".

The fact it's called the dark path, and the dev says things like reusing MLC renders and "twist it into a neat little version one that a friend/supporter would enjoy. I started writing a darker scene" I think people are perfectly legitimate in their fears or concerns as to what that means. A lot of words where used to say very little. I'd also add that the fact words like dark scene, dark path, twist etc are used means lot of those ideas I threw out at random aren't viable, leaving more concerning and questionable content as the options.

Edit : Removed the asterix by laundry list of kinks as I was going to explain more but decided it's not needed.

Last edited:

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
Can't even download this. It's too big. Have MEGA reduced their limits? I haven't used it for months but it says I'm over my limit.

Chaos_Gardian

Oct 20, 2019
beginning of v34 is weird or bugged, had threesome with Sandra and Maria, saved on last choice in v33 (in who to cum), after moving to new update - game treats like i was alone with Maria, while Sandra stayed at home
edit: oh, and suddenly jumps to proper choice? yeah, it look bugged
I have the same thing. Did the threesome and after they go to clean themself up it acts like only Maria was there.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Can't even download this. It's too big. Have MEGA reduced their limits? I haven't used it for months but it says I'm over my limit.
You're probably on a free VPN server that others have already used to access Mega? If you already have v0.33 release then just download the 100 MB update.

Or, download the compressed version: Use the handy-dandy search option found at the top of every page of this thread for <game name> [version] compressed to download 1.6GB instead of 5.5GB.
1694102782237.png

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
Just get the update file. Mega has a 5 GB limit so you might have to change your IP address with your VPN if you go for the full version.

Reactions: K.T.L.

poodles

Aug 7, 2017
You're probably on a free VPN server that others have already used to access Mega? If you already have v0.33 release then just download the 100 MB update.

Or, download the compressed version: Use the handy-dandy search option found at the top of every page of this thread for <game name> [version] compressed to download 1.6GB instead of 5.5GB.
View attachment 2911324
This is a dumb question, but is the quality of the compressed version inferior to the normal download?

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
This is a dumb question, but is the quality of the compressed version inferior to the normal download?
Most people will not notice it. Typically I download the compressed versions until the Game is completed. Then I grab the full-file at the end so I have the game as they made it.
Otherwise the Compressed versions are just fine for most of us.

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
just finished the new update. every update i love Sandra more and more and after her participation in the Justine phone call,i love her even more. Sandra is perfect as the partner in sexy fun with the other women.
can't believe anyone could not love that woman.
wish i had my own Sandra. but alas, i am not so lucky. which is why i play these games and enjoy women like her immensely.:devilish:

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
A bit late to the party on this. And this post is not about any kinks, but your comment, specifically "PLEASE READ the dev's own wordsw before assuming." I read his post before stumbling down the line to further comments about the kinks...

Having read the dev's post that it's about clearing the writers block does absofuckinglutely nothing to assuage fears or thoughts on kinks. He doesn't mention anything about what makes it dark or not. We all have our own interpretation of what "dark" is or is not. Judging it on "clearing writers block" could mean anything. Aliens, magic, a whole laundry list of kinks*, gender benders, mind swaps, time travel.... any of those can fall into "clearing creative blocks".

The fact it's called the dark path, and the dev says things like reusing MLC renders and "twist it into a neat little version one that a friend/supporter would enjoy. I started writing a darker scene" I think people are perfectly legitimate in their fears or concerns as to what that means. A lot of words where used to say very little. I'd also add that the fact words like dark scene, dark path, twist etc are used means lot of those ideas I threw out at random aren't viable, leaving more concerning and questionable content as the options.
So much this - the spoiler post contained little to no information about the actual update.

So please, anyone here who has played it, describe in a sentence or two what exactly the "Dark path" means. Does it mean the Dad's a sadist? Does it mean his family gets taken advantage of and he has no control? Does it mean he pimps his family out for monetary gain? Does it mean he opens a BDSM dungeon to enslave his family?

Again, like Rab said, 'dark' can mean any number of things to people, so what exactly is this update about?

DrXman

Apr 9, 2019
I played the last Dark Path, not this one. Its an avenue to get out the harder stuff without commiting to the path (like a teaser), but also to test the waters for getting additional supporters who might want that path to be developed. It starts out as a writing tool to try out different content. With enough money it may get more serious attention.

:unsure:The Dad looks like he is an Alcoholic or on some drug, I would have introduced that in the dark. Does his sports car annoy and confuse anyone else? Couldn't find a corvette asset?:LOL:

Reactions: 142536978

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
You could probably argue that what's-his-name's (I forget his name) 'wife' is also a trans character (a rather burly trans character!), but you may be right.
The only transgender character in Midlife Crisis is Tracy. If you are thinking Rock and Michele, both are male characters and not trans.
Wasn't the Gay tag there for... ?
Succinctly, for the optional scene, it was. #3,471

I played the last Dark Path, not this one. Its an avenue to get out the harder stuff without commiting to the path (like a teaser), but also to test the waters for getting additional supporters who might want that path to be developed. It starts out as a writing tool to try out different content. With enough money it may get more serious attention.

:unsure:The Dad looks like he is an Alcoholic or on some drug, I would have introduced that in the dark. Does his sports car annoy and confuse anyone else? Couldn't find a corvette asset?:LOL:
There is only one release of the "Dark Path," v0.01 - So don't know what you're talking about with "played the last..."

Also, you're mistaking the raison d'etre for that single release. The developer has already addressed your hypotheses about "testing the waters" (no) and more money thrown at it may get more attention (no).

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes