Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
There's another file I recently added to my "Night Hacker" "mod" I use. I don't need to add the file as it is quite small (I will update my zip in a moment). But, just create a file named... well... anything you wish, I call it "developer.rpy" and add the following code to it... this is VERY USEFUL for finding the exact line an error occurs on and the file it is in (I have used this to find the error in a file and fix it myself)...

Python:
# Show filename and line number of current code being executed
# in upper left corner.

screen bugTesting_Overlay():
    $ fileLine = renpy.get_filename_line()
    text "[fileLine[0]]:[fileLine[1]]" xpos 10 color "#0f0"

# Press SHIFT+O to enter console mode and copy and paste this: show screen bugTesting_Overlay
...it is a little more involved to use it, I do it this way to avoid having to touch any game coded and keep this independant of that. You copy and past the line "show screen bugTesting_Overlay" then enter console mode and paste it. You will then see green debugging text on screen in the upper left corner telling you the file name and line number it is currently executing.

Edit: added this to my zip.

Reactions: Xythurr

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Just installed it to Midlife Crisis and the jump in text quality and the lack of that annoying tinted window may make me start over lol. Awesome work! I like the nifty loading screen too.
You can actually add that loading screen all by itself to ANY renpy game that doesn't have it. Renpy will detect those files and use them automatically. It uses "presplash_background.jpg" as the background and "presplash_foreground.png" as the foreground, slowly overlaying the foreground image from left to right as it loads, so you can make any images you wish for this. I often thought of having a dressed woman laying there and then an undressed version slowly overlayed could be fun. :)

• I just jizzed my pants

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
You can actually add that loading screen all by itself to ANY renpy game that doesn't have it. Renpy will detect those files and use them automatically. It uses "presplash_background.jpg" as the background and "presplash_foreground.png" as the foreground, slowly overlaying the foreground image from left to right as it loads, so you can make any images you wish for this. I often thought of having a dressed woman laying there and then an undressed version slowly overlayed could be fun. :)
Yeah, I've seen that. Or B&W going full colored. Or an image of the cast just appearing. It can indeed be nice.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
This is a cool thing you're doing. Thanks again!
As I said before, this is something I created for myself originally. You can add this to most games, even with other mods with the only problem I have found is that sometimes you have to disable developer mode due to some problems with other mods (it's explained in the readme.txt in the zip).

I just got tired of certain things so I made this so I could quickly add it to any game and help me to fix any errors myself etc.

BillyPlums

Nov 17, 2021
Oh wow, I remember playing this game well before I ever created an account on F96. I played it on (probably) one of the sited that take stuff from here and present it with ads all around it. How naive was I then? I thought it strange that the MC's wife rented out rooms to unknown college girls, and no problem with the MC spending lots of cash on them.
Anyway, I liked it then, and I like it now, and wanted the dev to know that.

Reactions: Night Hacker

Hanseychen

Jun 28, 2018
Are some of the tags like swinging only for the dark parth? and if not is it only the "fake" swinging with girl on girl action or can I share the girls with other guys?

• Angry
Reactions: HoboCop86

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017

Sunday Update:

First the important bit. Work has been going smooth. Never know what else to say about work besides....I'm doing it lol.
Sorry I missed last Sunday, been a whirlwind couple of weeks honestly. Have a family member that is getting surgery(fix a bone issue), they were all set to go in and had a fever so it was cancelled. I thought it was just nerves, a few days later find out they have Covd. Just so happens that I found out about it....the same day my allergies were REALLY acting up, so for a couple of days I was sure I was coming down with it lol. It was just allergies though, tested negative and feeling good.
Speaking of feeling good. Adapting to my meds seemingly fairly well. Don't really feel like I am off or anything, and the doc says I seem to be taking it well so far. Hoping to have more to say than "Still working" soon, but honestly still working sums up most weeks so....haha.
1696771472078.png

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
Are some of the tags like swinging only for the dark parth? and if not is it only the "fake" swinging with girl on girl action or can I share the girls with other guys?
There are two optional "proper" swinging scenes in the regular game. Each involve swapping partners between MC and his wife and another married couple (different couple for the two scenes).

Reactions: Cartageno

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017

Sunday Update:

First the important bit. Work has been going smooth. Never know what else to say about work besides....I'm doing it lol.
Sorry I missed last Sunday, been a whirlwind couple of weeks honestly. Have a family member that is getting surgery(fix a bone issue), they were all set to go in and had a fever so it was cancelled. I thought it was just nerves, a few days later find out they have Covd. Just so happens that I found out about it....the same day my allergies were REALLY acting up, so for a couple of days I was sure I was coming down with it lol. It was just allergies though, tested negative and feeling good.
Speaking of feeling good. Adapting to my meds seemingly fairly well. Don't really feel like I am off or anything, and the doc says I seem to be taking it well so far. Hoping to have more to say than "Still working" soon, but honestly still working sums up most weeks so....haha.
View attachment 2989786
Oh thank the maker, more Hailey content!

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Generally, ignore the Dark Path when it comes to the tags.
They're all there for the main game, and the Dark Path was a side project Nefastus made as a part experiment and part means to get past some mild writer's block.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018

Sunday Update:

View attachment 2989786
That was, of course, last Sunday, and for a change, it actually came out on Sunday!!! Hopefully a new update will come out today, but tomorrow would be more in keeping with tradition for Nef's Sunday updates.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Oh thank the maker, more Hailey content!
Well, a Hailey render. Nef has said that renders included with Sunday updates may or may not actually appear in the game. For instance, the first Sunday report about the last update was a render of Mary (the "hussy" gymnast friend of Hailey's, who I'm kind of guessing was the source for Hailey's vibrator), which was not from the game - more just because I had asked if she was going to show up when Jennifer goes to her next meet, where the MC is going to share a hotel with Jennifer.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes