Chowdog

Jun 19, 2018
Why do developers always move away from the characters that get him backers/fans in the first place. Nobody gives a fuck about "newly introduced generic blonde bimbo" #18412, give us the damn daughters and keep the other garbage optional instead of wasting dev time on it.

I really hope there's some branching paths I missed because this updates, besides the eldest daughter sorta kinda grinding on your topless, was garbage

Aug 7, 2018
Updated my Courteous mod for v0.12.

version:
- mod v4 for Midlife Crisis v0.12

----- changes and improvements -----

v4:
- updated mod and walkthrough for Midlife Crisis v0.12
- fixed an exception caused by a mistyped variable
- fixed some typos

v3:
- love and joy all around, so it's mostly typo and grammar fixes this time
- future-proofing: the Mod should now be compatible with all future versions of Midlife Crisis

v2:
- walkthrough added: optimal choices are highlighted in green
- fixed a small continuity error
- fixed more typos
- broke the mod. fixed the mod.

v1:
- less hostile relationship with wife
- Sarah's romance and sex scene in v7 are no longer locked behind scaring her in the lockerroom in v4. Instead you'll get the option to romance Sarah or not, on both scare and tease branch.
- removed several unnecessary cuts to black
- corrected a bunch of typos
- with incest patch: younger daughter's schoolyear now properly defaults to Freshman, instead of being left blank

Last edited:

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
Why do developers always move away from the characters that get him backers/fans in the first place. Nobody gives a fuck about "newly introduced generic blonde bimbo" #18412, give us the damn daughters and keep the other garbage optional instead of wasting dev time on it.

I really hope there's some branching paths I missed because this updates, besides the eldest daughter sorta kinda grinding on your topless, was garbage
Because, and hear me out on this, not everyone has an incest fetish. So some developers like to have other characters the MC can fuck besides his immediate family. Weird I know.

slimlayzie

May 22, 2018
Because, and hear me out on this, not everyone has an incest fetish. So some developers like to have other characters the MC can fuck besides his immediate family. Weird I know.
This is true, but from the get go this game was built around the developing relationship between MC and his "daughters", that is a massive part of the games story early on...then he seemed to just shelve if in favor of random new characters. It's like when a TV show has an ongoing big storyline...then they completely forget about it to give you a bunch of "case/story of the week" episodes. It's screams of just dragging it out for the sack of dragging it out.

The "incest fetish" is what got this game it's following...but the daughters have been relegated to side characters of late, it's not that there are other girls...it's that it really seems to have just switched gears out of no where. In my opinion anyway...I haven't played this new version yet, but the last couple versions have left a not so great taste. I'm not saying it's a bad game...it's just starting to feel like he's really milking what a lot of people came here for.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
This is true, but from the get go this game was built around the developing relationship between MC and his "daughters", that is a massive part of the games story early on...then he seemed to just shelve if in favor of random new characters. It's like when a TV show has an ongoing big storyline...then they completely forget about it to give you a bunch of "case/story of the week" episodes. It's screams of just dragging it out for the sack of dragging it out.

The "incest fetish" is what got this game it's following...but the daughters have been relegated to side characters of late, it's not that there are other girls...it's that it really seems to have just switched gears out of no where. In my opinion anyway...I haven't played this new version yet, but the last couple versions have left a not so great taste. I'm not saying it's a bad game...it's just starting to feel like he's really milking what a lot of people came here for.
I take your point, but this story can only go two ways. the MC can bang his daughters, get them pregnant and run away to live happily ever after like in Sisterly Lust, or, the MC can continue to pursue his hedonistic desires and bang every new female he meets.

The dev has written this character to be the latter, so to maintain interest in the game it will require new conquests to be introduced regularly. Same scenario you seen in other games like Ecchi Sensei.

Reactions: proximus

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
The daughters (main characters) have been put on the sidelines basically for all those side chicks that appeared out of literal nowhere.

Reactions: JTsmoothhands

Nizzquizz

Oct 20, 2017
I take your point, but this story can only go two ways. the MC can bang his daughters, get them pregnant and run away to live happily ever after like in Sisterly Lust, or, the MC can continue to pursue his hedonistic desires and bang every new female he meets.

The dev has written this character to be the latter, so to maintain interest in the game it will require new conquests to be introduced regularly. Same scenario you seen in other games like Ecchi Sensei.
Mentioning Ecchi Sensei here does your argument a huge disservice as it's my prime example of "was really good and promising and became a nearly unplayable mess because 90% of the characters are just garbage and too much distraction". Honestly, I played every update of it, and I maybe remember 10% of the characters and like even less. They are just so incredibly bad and boring but try so godawful hard to be "zany and unique". It's like a fucking One Piece Hentai.

With Midlife Crisis it's luckily not nearly the same, but the focus lately has been really off. It absolutely needs to be on the daughters and little else because it's slowly shippering into "who the fuck cares?" waters.

slimlayzie

May 22, 2018

True and I will add that I have NO problem with this being a "bang them all" game. My issue isn't that he's introducing other characters for you to get with, it's more so that he's doing it at the expense of the "main" girls. The slow burn approach is fine, but if you're gonna go that route...build to it. We seem to get a scene or two lately just to remind us that the "daughters" exist...then he puts his focus on new girls. So I'm not saying I don't want him to introduce or develop new girls, I just would like the developer to stick with what brought us to his game. The game had other girls early on, and developed them and you got to spend time with them. It just didn't forget what it was and who the main girls were. Side characters are great, taking your main characters and randomly making them side characters...not so great.

That's my opinion anyway...If you like the game's direction I'm not trying to argue that you shouldn't. I'm just saying that despite playing all updates until this last one...I don't really know what the direction is, because he has seemingly switched it up without warning or notice.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes