4.00 star(s) 7 Votes

neca98

Jun 17, 2020
Hi, I know it's been asked several times, but I can't get the game to load. I tried using locale emulator, ntleas, applocale, and changing the system language and I get a prompt for a Bad File. Any help is appreciated.

Sol217

Jun 17, 2020
Downloaded the game but when I try to start it by opening the game.exe it just runs a sprite model of the main character walking in place.. can anyone help?

lordlundar

Sep 30, 2017
Hi, I know it's been asked several times, but I can't get the game to load. I tried using locale emulator, ntleas, applocale, and changing the system language and I get a prompt for a Bad File. Any help is appreciated.
That sounds like either the download got corrupted or you have the game in a folder it's not recognizing for loading (usually if your system is replacing Kanji characters with generic ones for the folder.) If the folder it's in is kanji characters, try renaming it then running through locale emulator. Otherwise you might need to redownload it.

Downloaded the game but when I try to start it by opening the game.exe it just runs a sprite model of the main character walking in place.. can anyone help?
The game needs to run in japanese locale. Either change your system to Japanese locale or run it through locale emulator (Admin)

neca98

Jun 17, 2020
That sounds like either the download got corrupted or you have the game in a folder it's not recognizing for loading (usually if your system is replacing Kanji characters with generic ones for the folder.) If the folder it's in is kanji characters, try renaming it then running through locale emulator. Otherwise you might need to redownload it.
I ran it from the folder that was created after unzipping the game downloaded from this very thread... Is there another folder you recommend should create or something?

lordlundar

Sep 30, 2017
Well if the folder path is english (try also putting the game in root ie c:\) then it could be a bad download. Beyond that I don't know.

Cumknuckles

Oct 10, 2018
For me just changing time format(in addition to having set Japanese applocale) was enough, dunno if changing the language would have somehow not changed time format.

lordlundar

Sep 30, 2017
So this was the solution, putting everything in the Hard Drive root. Thanks a lot!
Good to hear.

So for anyone else with the issue, let me explain what's going on. Programs have a path name limit for files that they reference, usually 256 characters. Every character in a path name (using legacy naming format) counts for this. So putting something in for example "C:\Users\Name\AppData\MyGames\" makes up 30 characters before you even get to the program folder. Nesting something too deep causes the program to be unable to read necessary files and will crash.

Istreakilaz

Jun 12, 2020
to be fair you'd have to be pretty bumped to create nestled folders as deep as even 200 characters, unless you were deliberately trying to do that much hiding. even other files won't load properly like images and text format files, and not just executables.

anyway, seeing as that the secret character is unlocked only if you saved no girls, would that mean i have to start a new save file and do that on there? or would it be impossible since i already have finished the game with all of them rescued, and my base auto file (save10) already reflects that?

Smooth_Operator

Jul 21, 2017
anyway, seeing as that the secret character is unlocked only if you saved no girls, would that mean i have to start a new save file and do that on there? or would it be impossible since i already have finished the game with all of them rescued, and my base auto file (save10) already reflects that?
Nyah, all you have to do is start a new game and beat the game again. I had a "some rescued" and "all rescued" ending previously before I got the "none rescued" ending.

Reactions: Istreakilaz

teacozy

Oct 9, 2018
Hey. I haven't seen the latest version posted, so here you go:
The password is the name of this site, without the .to.

The changelog only mentions that both English and Japanese versions are now included in the archive, and that there's a small bugfix for some H-text specific to the JPN version. However, the previous version (v1.03) mentions having fixed the issue some people were having when opening the game without changing their locale. Specifically, I believe this means that it fixed the bug where you only see a single character sprite on an otherwise black screen when opening the game. That looks to be a common issue in this thread, so please give this version a try!

And uhh.. do support the developer if you can. I want a sequel.

Taoren

Jun 21, 2017
Yeah, you're right that the game can now boot without having to change your locale to Japanese and no longer defaults to player character on black screen. Just tested this with my version and it's a nice fix they implemented. Also having both the localized and native Japanese games in one download is pretty cool.

Kind of wished that DLsite Play would notify me in some way that some of my games are updated. Literally didn't know about the fixes until I saw this thread being updated lol.

Reactions: James Eveleth

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
Game reminds me of Castlevania 2 for the NES, which I just got around to finishing late last year. Mostly because that game sucks, haha. This one looks a lot better, just from the screenshots and maps.

For anyone still having trouble, this map should give you everything you need to know (all item locations, etc):

All credit goes to Cedori over on ULMF.
Your map is amazing. Makes me really nostalgic for all the Castlevania DS games. I kind of want to go back and play Circle of the Moon again. Dawn of Sorrow is my favorite game in the entire series, but I've finished it so dozens of times, there's no point in doing it again (it is fun though...)

Reactions: RichyCapy

nightsight

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2019
hey : o ummm.... how to get the sound to work D: i can't hear anything

GuyInDogSuit

Aug 12, 2017
Damn shame their games are all censored. But the gameplay looks really good regardless, so I'm gonna give it a shot.

nightsight

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2019
how do you do new game plus Oo? i got to the ending credits also what happens with new game + like what is transfer over anything?

lordlundar

Sep 30, 2017
After the credits you can save your game again. This unlocks new game plus. When you a new game you're taken to a small room with some robed characters in them. You can then use the crowns you collected to buy various unlocks like all gear, extra transformations, or invincibility. If you finish the game but not rescue any girls (might not be that extreme, hasn't really been tested) you unlock another character to play as instead.

4.00 star(s) 7 Votes