Mod Ren'Py Midnight Paradise - Shawn's Walkthrough + Improvements [0.24] [Shawnchapp]

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Guys a question, for scene with Joyce (story step 60) the first choice gives her +1 in obedience (+3 obedience now), does this binds any route? or it's too early? Because the mod doesn't say anything about this, usually does

Nothing yet really.. but i would advice not picking those option if thats not your kinda thing cause a future update could use those variables to "lock" in your route

Reactions: Kurimuzon

Kurimuzon

May 25, 2023
Nothing yet really.. but i would advice not picking those option if thats not your kinda thing cause a future update could use those variables to "lock" in your route
Oh thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know, I think I'll go safe for now, there will be future opportunities to increase obedience, like Isabel i think

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
as for the main reason basically instead of saying "UPDATING" in the download section i'm suppose to leave the old/dead links there for the 72 hours then replace them with the new ones
that is the most..... no I shouldnt challenge stupid like that....

Jul 16, 2018
Shawnchapp
Ok, so I reached the point where it asked me to do a harem king route.
I selected to do that. But, the next morning what happens is that Melissa sends a message that I will regret it. She is really angry. Does this mean I made some sort of mistake and am no longer on her path?

Kurimuzon

May 25, 2023
Shawnchapp
I selected to do that. But, the next morning what happens is that Melissa sends a message that I will regret it. She is really angry. Does this mean I made some sort of mistake and am no longer on her path?
Happened the same to me, i read that it's normal, because the game can't support these two route at the same time, the mod just enable the second route, but i have a problem here, i almost finished the game, but Melissa's route just doesn't want to start, the mod says she should send me a text message, but she never do it, i don't really know how to enable it

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Shawnchapp
ya thats fine i allowed it so the messages is stil sent so players can still see all the content (including the "break up text"

Happened the same to me, i read that it's normal, because the game can't support these two route at the same time, the mod just enable the second route, but i have a problem here, i almost finished the game, but Melissa's route just doesn't want to start, the mod says she should send me a text message, but she never do it, i don't really know how to enable it
can you send me your save please, also ifs the message i think it is i think it takes about an ingame week before she sends it

Kurimuzon

May 25, 2023
ya thats fine i allowed it so the messages is stil sent so players can still see all the content (including the "break up text"

can you send me your save please, also ifs the message i think it is i think it takes about an ingame week before she sends it
i can try first to skip a week if it helps, should i sleep at home or on the apartment?

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Tried to skip more than one week, nothing happens, how can i share the save?
Click "attack files" at button of the posting area
1701827834421.png

goto where your saves are and click on the save

Note first number is page number second number is save slot so in picture below that would be the save on Page 2 in slot 1

1701827890687.png

Yeah me too, i checked, but doesn't effect anything i think
ya i forgot to update mod_version its just a number tho means nothing

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Ok, should be this
Hmm.. I'm actually not sure why it isn't working for you... did you use the cheat "harem king" or pick the ioptuion during the scene? and if during the scene was it in this version or a past version?

but to fix this open console (shift+O) and type
Code:
stack_of_chats.add_message(mel, "melissa_date_club", condition="time.is_night() and melissa_delay==0 and mainstory_level>=9")
then just goto the map screen and reenter your aparment the text should pop up

(the text after that event does take a few days)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kurimuzon

Kurimuzon

May 25, 2023
Hmm.. I'm actually not sure why it isn't working for you... did you use the cheat "harem king" or pick the ioptuion during the scene? and if during the scene was it in this version or a past version?

but to fix this open console (shift+O) and type
Code:
stack_of_chats.add_message(mel, "melissa_date_club", condition="time.is_night() and melissa_delay==0 and mainstory_level>=9")
then just goto the map screen and reenter your aparment the text should pop up

(the text after that event does take a few days)
Yes, i picked for sure harem king as a choice, in version 0.21
Thank you, now i try and let you know
Edit: works now, thaank you so much

Jul 16, 2018
Ah. thats probably why i think the script to update the event chain (the new content since mels and elias level got reverted back a bit to add new events in) was blocking adding the message to the stack
So, if the Harem King option is chosen during normal gameplay in v0.23, then we don't need to fiddle with the command-line?

Last edited:

Trminator

May 3, 2017
Hey, Shawnchapp , in Shawn_Screens.rpy, Line 1, it Should really read mod_version 0.23, for the latest version, right? ;) (especially, since you list 0.22 as a version which is outdated ;) ) (with that change, it also states correctly, that I saw all new content for 0.23, instead of 0.22 ... ;) )

EDIT: second, more serious bug, same File, Line 327ff:
Python:
                    if mel.level >= 2 and not (path_eliana and path_eliana):
                        textbutton "- Harem King" action ui.callsinnewcontext("shawn_cheat_haremking") text_idle_color "#fff" text_size 30
Pretty sure that should read and not (path_eliana and path_melissa) ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Shawnchapp