Unity Midnight Sin [v0.3.1] [Faerin]

4.30 star(s) 22 Votes

lordparcival

Nov 29, 2020
Hey guys,

Yeah,Unity is really messing up with this imo.

What's perhaps more important for medium size devs, is that they are dropping the Plus subscription ($400 a year), meaning we are forced to go for the Pro subscription ($2000 a year).

But tbh, most devs on this forum will probably not be affected by this at all (aside from Unity getting an ever worse rep and asset development and support going down as well, most likely).

The fee per install thing is just ridiculous.
And how are they going to accurately track piracy (maybe they are going to check the download counts on here ;) )? That's the thing that worries me, and I guess, a lot of devs.

Games could end up actually costing the devs money.
Unity backpedaled regarding that.

At least if you stay on an older Version of Unity or use the Personal one

Our Unity Personal plan will remain free and there will be no Runtime Fee for games built on Unity Personal. We will be increasing the cap from $100,000 to $200,000 and we will remove the requirement to use the Made with Unity splash screen.

No game with less than $1 million in trailing 12-month revenue will be subject to the fee.

For those creators on Unity Pro and Unity Enterprise, we are also making changes based on your feedback.

The Runtime Fee policy will only apply beginning with the next LTS version of Unity shipping in 2024 and beyond. Your games that are currently shipped and the projects you are currently working on will not be included – unless you choose to upgrade them to this new version of Unity.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Unity backpedaled regarding that.

At least if you stay on an older Version of Unity or use the Personal one

No, they removed the clause about the older versions, unless they put it back.

lordparcival

Nov 29, 2020
No, they removed the clause about the older versions, unless they put it back.
I just quoted that Passage.

For those creators on Unity Pro and Unity Enterprise, we are also making changes based on your feedback.

The Runtime Fee policy will only apply beginning with the next LTS version of Unity shipping in 2024 and beyond. Your games that are currently shipped and the projects you are currently working on will not be included – unless you choose to upgrade them to this new version of Unity.

We will make sure that you can stay on the terms applicable for the version of Unity editor you are using – as long as you keep using that version.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I just quoted that Passage.

We will make sure that you can stay on the terms applicable for the version of Unity editor you are using – as long as you keep using that version.
Cool, the problem is that they have proven that you can't trust them, at least as long as John Riccitiello is in charge.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
is there gona be more tags? Asking for a friend.
Oh yea? Well then, name 5 friends!

On a serious note, I'm actually waiting until maybe October's update to start playing. I feel like that's going to be a pretty good time to start. So far, I've just been following the progress through the change logs. Based on what's been said, the infrastructure has been laid down and now we're really going to see a good amount from now on.

I'm aware it's still going to be a while until we see a massive amount but Mystwood Manor seems like it only took 3 years from start to finish. It sounds like a long time but I can't really name a lot of devs off the top of my head that produce on this scale and also actually intend to complete a game. Most of them have been working on the same game for years and years, just dragging it out. Especially the sandbox ones.

(That last blurb was probably unwarranted but I just wanted to say how much I appreciate Faerin's integrity and passion. Nothing really directed towards you at all.)

Reactions: Faerin

Enot1964

May 20, 2019
I played Mystwood Manor 6 or 7 times during the game's creation, it was interesting to watch it flesh out, the story take shape...
As for the current project, maybe someone can tell me if I should start playing now or wait for a couple of updates?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I played Mystwood Manor 6 or 7 times during the game's creation, it was interesting to watch it flesh out, the story take shape...
As for the current project, maybe someone can tell me if I should start playing now or wait for a couple of updates?
There is only a few days worth of content, and those days are pretty empty so far, but it is certainly worth checking out, there is enough to get a good feel for how it's going.

erisedxes

Mar 17, 2018
When Faerin made a poll, I voted for this mid-age male protagonist version of MotH. But I am now a bit of disappointed, the pov kind of immature as a mid-age man who served in military.
The graphic has been improved a lot compared MotH, but maybe I set the bar to high for Faerin even for a fap Harem game. I expect the storyline and event arrangement can be more smooth. e.g. the first sex scene feels like not the right time & right person.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
So far its just another shitty VN. A huge stap back from Mystwood Manor
I disagree.

I was a supporter of MM in the very early episodes. It took time for the dev to build the UI, the cards, add enough women and expand the story to start to make things interesting.

Now, if I compare MM, the completed AVN, to Midnight Sin - the just barely started AVN - will MS come up short - Of Course!!

It will take time for this AVN to have enough content so that it feels like the rich story that MM had once the last woman was added to the harem.

For me, any honest comparison of MS to MM needs to give MS at least another 9-12 month's worth of updates to see how everything fits together.

If you are looking for something with more content, there are a number of Great releases on F95 that have landed in the last month and October is poised to deliver even more great updates!

Cheers!! :coffee:

4.30 star(s) 22 Votes